OT Mass shooting in Thousand Oaks, CA

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by EL PRESIDENTE, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

I know it’s hard for people not to politicize everything these days and just say hey ban guns or whatever the illogical people want. I’m all for stricter background checks but once again I think people are pointing out the wrong thing when this shit happens. The focus should absolutely be on mental health. You can’t avoid it forever. We live in a society that is just creating more and more mental health issues. I think the more common these shootings are, it’s a direct link to society today. It’s fucking insane out there. People hate each other for dumb shit. People try so hard to be liked and social media is a motherfucker. Add war and whatever else on top of it, rough childhoods, etc. people come out fucked up. Not to mention genetics and shit like that. The signs are there, maybe if people didn’t only give a fuck about themselves in this day and age, we could recognize the signs and get people help. Because guess what? Banning guns or whatever strict laws you put on guns isn’t gonna stop anybody from hurting people. You could get a truck right now and decide to run over a bunch of people on the street. Pick your poison. We saw what happened in France with that terrorist attack or knife attacks in Asia. If people want to hurt a mass amount of others, they will find a way besides guns. The issue comes from within the mind.

2. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

To not hold someone fully accountable because they are crazy is what's rediculous. If you do the crime, you do the time. Period.

3. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

I’m not saying don’t hold them accountable. Yes do the time. That’s fine. Treatment is still necessary just as it is if somebody was going to rehab for a physical injury. America needs to understand mental illness more as opposed to this narccistic atitude I see towards any mentally ill person. This whole “they aren’t like me, they are crazy” attitude.

4. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    It will show that they died of blunt force trauma.

5. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Don't forget the terrible effects of parents who don't physically punish their children. There's nothing like a good beating to prevent a child from growing up violent.