matt millen = bad gm

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by erick6900, Nov 8, 2003.

1. erick6900

erick6900 nfl-*****s member

i have been keeping up with the detroit lions since 1989, when they drafted barry sanders, i became a lions fan, untill a few years ago, when matt millen came in and released all the veterans, and never gave them any chance, for example, arguebly the best reciever of all the time, when hes heatlhy herman moore, at 6'5 220. he started the ERA for tall recievers had 3 100 reception seasons, and his forth was 94, in my opinion hes the best reciever of all the time, he can out run u on routes, and he can defintaly out jump u on a fly...and hes got the best hands, i seen, he catchs with his finger tips,,,,,,instead of his body like most recievers do now days......well anyways what made me more mad, was that he also released players like bryant westbrook, terry fair, chris claiborne, ron rice, kurt shultz, james jones, johnnie morton, all the players i just listed there are great players that can win with any football team.........matt millen didnt know how to run a team, he was a good sports caster, but he came in detroit and killed all the pride and joy this team ever had, and if ur a lion fan, u know what i mean.......kthx

2. nfl-forums

nfl-forums nfl-*****s member

I couldn't agree more with you. Matt Millen took a respectable team at 9-7 and let the bottom out. The Lions are 8-35 under his helm. Our fearless leader has made this team a laughingstock. Prior to his tenure, the Lions had great leader's: Barry Sanders, Herman Moore, Johnnie Morton etc. . . It is amazing that our fearless leader is still around.

3. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

The announcers yesterday were praising Matt Millen saying that he had what it took to get the job done...I just don't understand it.

Although I haven't followed the Lion's closely, I do know that they needed an overhaul. Joey Harrington needs a lot of work, but besides him you have the core of a great offense.

Charles Rogers
    Hakim
    Schroeder
    Gary

Overall I think you have a good team...things just need to gel.

4. djc307

djc307 nfl-*****s member

First of all, clairborne wasn't released, he signed with the vikings. Second, if Herman Moore was so good, why didn't he play again after he was released. He was a waste of salaray cap. Speaking of waste of salary cap, they're playin without their number 1 running back, James stewart. They'r ealso playing without charlie rogers, luther ellis (untill now) and a slew of others. I can't wait untill stewart and ellis get released just like herman moore. 4 wins with that team is respectable. I can't blame millen when half his team is injured.

5. nfl-forums

I am telling you Matt Millen is a terrible failure. I can name only one good thing that he has done. DRE BLY. Other than that what has he done??? I understand getting rid of Herman Moore and Charlie Batch. But here was I don't get. How do you get rid of Jonny Morton and Jeff Hartings and Mike Compton. Only to go out and sign Bill Schroeder and Haz Hakim. Then everyone will tell you "well he has drafted really well" That to is a joke. When you have the top 3 pick in the draft every year it is hard to screw that up. But of course that fat meat head did screw up the draft. Kalimba Edwards over Clinton Portis??? I know Millen did not take over a really talented team, but we are the laughing stock of the NFL. Alot of changes had to be made. We are in year 3 and do you see any light at the end of the tunnel. No!!! What you see is another 3 years of failure. Millen has got to go. If I go to work and perform like shit I loose my job. It is time to get someone in who has a track record of building a team.

6. nfl-forums

Matt Millen sucks. I thought it was great how Johnnie Morton goaded him into this latest PR fiasco. After the Lions drop their last two games this season, they will be 9-39 for MM's first three years. The record speaks for itself. I hope they can his sorry ass and the sooner the better.