Maui Invitational

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by STC, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Shard

Shard Hi2u

I believe I had 4 heart attacks during that game. And orgasmed twice.

2. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Shard:</div><div class="quote_post">I believe I had 4 heart attacks during that game. And orgasmed twice.</div>

LOL [​IMG] maybe you can top those tomorrow [​IMG]

3. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

Damn, now that's why college basketball is so great! It's just too unfortunate that someone had to lose, because both played one hell of a game!

I know MSU has two losses, but this team is still a top 5 team. And there is no doubt about that!

4. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Paul Davis made me extremely angry in regulation. The guy was playing inconsistently. He'd make a great cut to the basket for a dunk, and then the next time down the floor he'd take a turnaround jumper from almost the corner three. What got into him that made him think he was such a great midrange shooter? He really turned it around in the overtimes though and had an amazing game. How can anyone say he's not a first round pick? The guy had 26 points and 13 rebounds tonight, 16 points and 13 rebounds in just 23 minutes the night before, and 12 points and 11 rebounds in just 20 minutes against Chaminade. He's also just a shade under 7'0". I'd think the guy would be pushing the lottery, but most mocks out there are horrible right now.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I know MSU has two losses, but this team is still a top 5 team. And there is no doubt about that!</div>

Amen!

5. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Shard:</div><div class="quote_post">I believe I had 4 heart attacks during that game. And orgasmed twice.</div>

That mean's you've lived a complete day [​IMG]

6. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

anybody notice?

Did anybody else notice that on the missed layup taken from the left side of the basket Suton used his right hand? Fundamental mistake.
    [​IMG]

7. J_Ray

Wow, Zona can't shoot worth beans, I'm going to go in the corner now and cry [​IMG]

8. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JWohl:</div><div class="quote_post">Did anybody else notice that on the missed layup taken from the left side of the basket Suton used his right hand? Fundamental mistake.

[​IMG]</div>
    There is nothing wrong with taking a right handed layup from the left side. That's not a fundamental mistake. You have to hit layups, period. No matter what hand.

9. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

So I'm watching the UConn game now and I am positivley shocked to notice that Josh Boone has dissapeared in a big game. Gay also has done poorly. Brown and Hilton Armstrong (yeah, I'm suprised too) have stepped up for UConn though. GO UCONN!!

10. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JWohl:</div><div class="quote_post">So I'm watching the UConn game now and I am positivley shocked to notice that Josh Boone has dissapeared in a big game. Gay also has done poorly. Brown and Hilton Armstrong (yeah, I'm suprised too) have stepped up for UConn though. GO UCONN!!</div>

Wow, that mistake by Radenovic that got 3 points and that lay-up at the end really hurts, that's 5 point swing if we can get this stuff going. I hope we get Tangara some more time, he's really doing well in his limited minutes, forget Briehlmaier, he not as talented. Also get Radenovic some more shots, he's getting going man....

11. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JWohl:</div><div class="quote_post">So I'm watching the UConn game now and I am positivley shocked to notice that Josh Boone has dissapeared in a big game.</div>

Then you don't know Josh Boone's game.

You don't know what you're getting with him.

Last year, he puts up 16 and 11 on UNC, then he has week stretches where he won't break double figures in points.

Very inconsistent.

12. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting STCBBall3:</div><div class="quote_post">Then you don't know Josh Boone's game.

Last year, he puts up 16 and 11 on UNC, then he has week stretches where he won't break double figures in points.

Very inconsistent.</div>

I thought he was being sarcastic. [​IMG]

Anyway, wrong thread, but I just wanted to say that Daniel Gibson is horribly overrated. Top five point guard my ass. He's got all the talent but none of the point skills.

13. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">I thought he was being sarcastic. [​IMG]

Anyway, wrong thread, but I just wanted to say that Daniel Gibson is horribly overrated. Top five point guard my ass. He's got all the talent but none of the point skills.</div>
    Yeah, he probably was.

And Gibson is a helluva player. I'm not going to give up on him due to a slow start but, you are correct though, he is not a top 5 PG.

14. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting STCBBall3:</div><div class="quote_post">Then you don't know Josh Boone's game.

Very inconsistent.</div>
    sarcasm, sarcasm

15. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Wow. What a performance put on by Gonzaga and Michigan State. First off I would like to say that Michigan State's record is no where close to the talent they have on their team, they lost one slip away from them against Hawaii and a close one to Gonzaga.

Second, I think the key part of the game was early in the second half when Ager picked up his 4th foul because when that happened MSU did nothing offensivly and allowed the 'Zags to jump on a 4 point lead. During that strech Gonzaga went to a 2-3 causing all kinds of problems for Paul Davis inside which forced MSU's guards to try and hit some three balls. I can honestly say if Ager wasn't in foul trouble early that Michigan State would have won the game.

16. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

Maryland won the 5th place game over Arkansas 75-62. Ekene Ibekwe led Maryland with 16 points and Brewer led Arkansas with 19 points.

Click here for full box score

17. Shard

Shard Hi2u

Can't wait for Gay/Morrison tonight in the Final. If both teams play like they have then this should be another great game. The Zags have to be tired though, with that marathon last night coming only a day after the Maryland game.

18. J_Ray

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Shard:</div><div class="quote_post">Can't wait for Gay/Morrison tonight in the Final. If both teams play like they have then this should be another great game. The Zags have to be tired though, with that marathon last night coming only a day after the Maryland game.</div>

I think Morrison will win, Gay didn't do that well yesterday against Adams and the gang......

BTW--Zona can't shoot at all, and we're making Michigan St. look like the Spurs on D. I'm pretty happy the way our D is playing, and I'm going to start counting down until we get McClellan back, and get Budinger next year [​IMG]

43-26 MSU [​IMG]

19. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

If you are any sort of basketball fan you will not miss a minute of tonights Gay/Morrison matchup. If your an NBA fan you get to see two of the top five picks of next years draft perform against each other and if your an NCAA fan there isn't enough time to say what you will get out of watching this. As for the Michigan State game it looks like they should win that with a seven point lead, led by the backcourt of Ager and Brown.

20. J_Ray

58-56 MSU 3 minutes left......You sweating yet VC? [​IMG]