McDonagh to Tampa

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Feb 26, 2018.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

details to follow.

2. RangersFan

RangersFan Well-Known Member

Heard it is a BIG deal also. Let's get the details flowing. Could be a game changer for the reboot.

3. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Miller included too

4. RangersFan

Sounds like Miller in the deal also...we better get a TRUCKLOAD for those guys. I am a big Miller fan.

5. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

6. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see the ranger return on this. Ranger source saying its a massive deal.

7. RangersFan

It better be for those two guys. We better be looking at a monster team in 2 years or so.

8. mrmel29

Rumors saying rangers send multiple roster players to tampa. Holy shit can't wait to see what the hell happened

9. RangersFan

We better get the stud kid Sergachev and at least one 1st round pick as well.

10. mrmel29

ob McKenzie‏Verified account@TSNBobMcKenzie 3m3 minutes ago
    More
    Bob McKenzie Retweeted Bob McKenzie

Damn, autocorrect. Brett Howden:

Bob McKenzie added,

Bob McKenzieVerified account@TSNBobMcKenzie
    I’m hearing TB sending to NYR: Libor Hajek, Brett Holden, Vladislav Nemestnikov, 2018 1st round pick, conditional second round pick. Confirmation to follow.
    36 replies212 retweets418 likes

11. Ranger71

I knew Yzerman wouldn't give up Sergachev.

12. RangersFan

Truthfully, if that is the deal for McDonagh AND Miller, that is an epic fail. Not nearly enough. If TB goes far the 1st is very late, and the 2nd is very late. And if they don't we get a later pick instead of a 2nd.

Epic fail and Gorton should have held until the draft for that return. Steve Y schools us again. He is a great GM.

13. Ranger71

Howden and Hajek are former high picks so they could be good and Namest is still an RFA..not all that bad. Miller was up and down.

14. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Yzerman fleeced this team again if they traded both guys for that. I like Namestnikov but how much of his production is from playing with Stamkos and Kucherov?

Always through McD was soft and overrated offensively. BUT, defensively he was very good and we see what happens with a bad defense.

Liked the Nash deal but I don’t like trading both Miller. He’s a good player who had a tough season because he asked to play center. Picks are never a guarantee and as much as we need them there is no guarantee your getting a good player with those picks because they are usually late picks. How many Home runs can they have from the same draft???

15. Disturbed

Disturbed Well-Known Member

Software
    Underwhelming.

I wonder if McD was becoming a problem. Supposedly no showed retirement ceremony that’s awful for a captain. Gorton might have felt pressure to move him.

They decided awhile ago they were not going to overpay a 30 year old McD as a UFA. Gotta think there were better offers out there. If TB wins cup this year or next it’s 2 #1s at least....Or what we gave up for ancient St Louis.

16. strudwickisthebest

Yea Miller is a good player and young. 24. He had RFA years left. Don’t think that was enough but I could see Brett Howden becoming a good player.

If this coach thinks that small, speedy players is the future God help us all. This team needs some size and toughness in front of the net. They got that with Howden luckily

17. RangersFan

3:34PM: Elliotte Friedman tweets that the Rangers reportedly wanted Hajek to seal the deal.

Bob McKenzie said on TSN that Tampa Bay was adamant that they would not trade Mikhail Sergachev or Brayden Point.

3:39PM: The conditional second round pick reportedly becomes a first round pick if Tampa Bay wins the Stanley Cup this year or next. (Friedman)

This actually angers me even more. Y says no on two best prospects and we still do the deal. That is when we should walk. Makes me think that we now were going to deal at all costs.

18. RangersFan

That's an F U from Steve Y...and let's deal anyway.

Oh and Miller and Name is not a wash IMO. Miller is a much tougher player to play against. And I'd like to see him without AV next season. And BTW...how much was Name helped by the top end offensive talent TB has. We have that here?

Not good at all. Why include Name and Miller...my guess is Y wanted that part of the trade and we caved. And then the return for just McD is at best okay...at best.

19. Ranger71

If it turns out to be 2 1sts and say Howden for McDonagh, and then say Miller for Namest/Hajek that's not bad. I don't know if this team would'v been a cup contender next year with Mac/Miller.

20. strudwickisthebest

they better build a reliable defense. Maybe even get a vet in there through FA to stabilize it. We were spoiled with great defenses the last decade. We are reminded that no matter how good your goalie is if you have a bad or mediocre defense your team is fucked