McGregor threatens Poirier's child in latest unhinged Tweets

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Jul 13, 2021.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

If a regular person did this they would have the police at their door right?

2. speeds

The "nasty dude" and "dangerous" Tweets were Conor quoting Dustin from some video thing they did. However, Conor did post a picture of Dustin with his child, followed by "gonzo" which is fairly unambiguous considering he told him on Saturday he'd kill him and his wife in their sleep...

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

The dude has lost his fucking mind. His downfall from this broken league is going to be brutal. I would not be shocked if he ended up being arrested for doing some stupid shit once he can walk again. I fully expect booze bag McGregor to make a return. Dustin should come out publicly and say he'll never fight Conor again. He's 2-1 against him; with two decisive victories. That will really send Conor into a tail spin.

Even worse, you know his wife is siting in the background disgustingly embarrassed.

4. speeds

The ultimate own for Dustin would be to be able to tell Conor 'fuck you I don't need you to make money' and turn down the fight.

He could say that but there is so much juice behind the fourth match now he'll probably make millions more than he did this time. I can't see him being sportsmanlike with so much money at stake.

5. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I think Dustin starches Oliveira for the belt. Then we'll see what the UFC does. Dustin has already said if he's the belt holder then Conor will need to get a couple wins before competing. I think Conor returns next spring against Nate or Tony in a fight that he should win and then the UFC will try to leverage him against Dustin if Dustin holds the belt.

Either way, its disappointing to see what has become of McGregor. He had arguably the GOAT meteoric rise in MMA. He is MMA. There has never been and probably won't be a draw like him for a long time. I think the fame broke him. He should have stuck to his original plan to "get in, get rich, and get out". Now he's just chasing the high he used to have and unraveling along the way.

6. speeds