Meet this year's blazers:

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rod, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

I think that the 64:60 loss to New-Jersey finally proves that portland have a 82 million$ roster who is worth less than the 30million$ roster like the Nets(take out jason Kidd...)
    i predict that the Blazers will be one of the lamest teams in the league this year,Zach,SAr,theo and maybe NVEDamon are worth spending money on.

John Nash had 2 years to start the rebuild but with Portland's current financial status i think he will not change the team and make it a winning franchise,with Nash's manegment the portland Trail-Blazers will have to be something awful,something ugly - im talking about........being the new Nuggets [​IMG]

I mean come on! a 64 to 60 loss?
    if John Nash has builded such deep roster who is being paid 83 million$ you'd expect that it can score 80 points aginst Mercer,Voghn,planinic and Brandon armstrong. :thumbsdow

Portland needs to dump everyone besided Randolph,SAR,Miles and NVE and starts a REAL(!) rebuild now!
    this team will suck anyway this year so why not do something useful with that time?

2. Miami's Finest

Miami's Finest JBB JustBBall Member

LOL nice write up. I think it was pretty sad on both teams behalf to be at 60pts +/- at the end of the game.

3. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting heatfan83:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL nice write up. I think it was pretty sad on both teams behalf to be at 60pts +/- at the end of the game.</div>

It's the 2nd lamest-lowest score since 1955 when the bucks played aginst boston,oh the shame... :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Besides that David Stern is probably considering suicide when portland imberessed themselfs with 23% from the field.

i think i can pull up a team of guys from Europe in the summer who worth about 1.8 Million$ combined who could have won the game for Portland and im not kidding. :mrgreen:

4. jbbBled11Harr3

jbbBled11Harr3 JBB JustBBall Member

When you look at the salary situation of this Blazers team, you can't help but notice its built around the expiring contracts that are up at the end of the season. The only main players who are still under contract are Theo Ratliff and Zach Randolph, because they have both signed extensions (Miles might, and maybe one other).

As a fan, you probably don't care about this, but you must realize that the NBA is a business, and owners will not pay as much as the Blazers' owner pays every year to have a team that barely makes the playoffs or misses the playoffs every year.

5. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bled11Harr3:</div><div class="quote_post">When you look at the salary situation of this Blazers team, you can't help but notice its built around the expiring contracts that are up at the end of the season. The only main players who are still under contract are Theo Ratliff and Zach Randolph, because they have both signed extensions (Miles might, and maybe one other).

As a fan, you probably don't care about this, but you must realize that the NBA is a business, and owners will not pay as much as the Blazers' owner pays every year to have a team that barely makes the playoffs or misses the playoffs every year.</div>

Excuse me?
    does Ruben Patterson and Derek Anderson's contracts that worth about 15.5 million$ are expiring? do you think that Nash will not use his option to sign NVE at the end of the season making it 28 million$ on those 3 guys alone?

Youre wrong about me,just because i understand that its a business i wrote above that the Blazers should go into a rebuild that in the end of it they will come out a better team,the whole logic of rebuilding a roster on the NBA is based on making the team better and saving money at the price stinking a year,all im saying is that Nash should have balls like kiki vandeweghe and give this team a new face and look and not just getting players who dont go to jail every once in a while.

We're saying almost the same thing basicly,as a fan it hurts me to see the franchise losing to a team like New-Jersey and without Jason Kidd.

I think a good plan for Nash would start by offering Philly Ruben Patterson,DA and Qyntel Woods for Glenn Robinson - The Sixers would accapt this deal for sure.
    Than he have to trade SAR cuz he wont resign 4sure and they should also trade Ratliff - he is just too expensive and his blocking effect wont last forever.

6. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

they should definately do a face lift. loose damon, loose woods, loose patterson, loose everyone. If you ask me the only people worth keeping are SAR and randolph. although they need someone to keep randolph in line...and not so full of himself.

7. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

By this time next year, the starting lineup should close to this:

PG- Sebastian Telfair (if ready)
    SG- Derek Anderson
    SF- Darius Miles
    PF- Zach Randolph
    C- Theo Ratliff

I think this is the starting lineup of what John Nash has invisioned, however, I would think that he wants Outlaw starting soon with Derek Anderson gone (Good Player, Horrible Contract).

It's a pretty good lineup, hopefully Sebestian would be ready, and Miles will have a breakout season this year, so that next year when he's here, he'll know his posistion and what he's capabale of with Abdur-Rahim gone.

8. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Banks:</div><div class="quote_post">By this time next year, the starting lineup should close to this:

SG- Derek Anderson
    SF- Darius Miles
    PF- Zach Randolph
    C- Theo Ratliff

I think this is the starting lineup of what John Nash has invisioned, however, I would think that he wants Outlaw starting soon with Derek Anderson gone (Good Player, Horrible Contract).

It's a pretty good lineup, hopefully Sebestian would be ready, and Miles will have a breakout season this year, so that next year when he's here, he'll know his posistion and what he's capabale of with Abdur-Rahim gone.</div>

Its a starting lineup Clevlend/Boston/Atlanta should have and not a respected franchise like the Blazers should have.
    Every top8 team in the west have at least 2 stars and a really good 6th man,you gotta have those if you wanna have a great team in this league not to mention alot better shooters.

9. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">Its a starting lineup Clevlend/Boston/Atlanta should have and not a respected franchise like the Blazers should have.
    Every top8 team in the west have at least 2 stars and a really good 6th man,you gotta have those if you wanna have a great team in this league not to mention alot better shooters.</div>

Well, if you at 2003, when the Spurs won in the NBA Finals, they really only had one star, Tim Duncan. Tony Parker and Manu Ginoboli were still developing, and Duncan was really the only star.

Keep in mind that Randolph isn't dunking, but they're hoping he can have a presence like Duncan on the Blazers. By this time next year, the Blazers hope to have an established Darius Miles, who can be a 2nd option, without about 18-6.5 a night. With Randolph getting his 22-11 and Miles getting 18-7, everybody else will have to be solid contributers and the Blazers will need solid coaching.

10. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Banks:</div><div class="quote_post">By this time next year, the starting lineup should close to this:

SG- Derek Anderson
    SF- Darius Miles
    PF- Zach Randolph
    C- Theo Ratliff

It's a pretty good lineup, hopefully Sebestian would be ready, and Miles will have a breakout season this year, so that next year when he's here, he'll know his posistion and what he's capabale of with Abdur-Rahim gone.</div>

If Abdur-Rahim is going to go, starter quality talent will be recieved back to Portland. What happened to Damon Stoudemire.

11. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">If Abdur-Rahim is going to go, starter quality talent will be recieved back to Portland. What happened to Damon Stoudemire.</div>

Stoudamire is very unlikely to be brought back, as he is a Unrestricted FA after this year. If SAR is traded, the players that Portland get in return, will likely be off the books after this season.

12. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Banks:</div><div class="quote_post">Well, if you at 2003, when the Spurs won in the NBA Finals, they really only had one star, Tim Duncan. Tony Parker and Manu Ginoboli were still developing, and Duncan was really the only star.

Keep in mind that Randolph isn't dunking, but they're hoping he can have a presence like Duncan on the Blazers. By this time next year, the Blazers hope to have an established Darius Miles, who can be a 2nd option, without about 18-6.5 a night. With Randolph getting his 22-11 and Miles getting 18-7, everybody else will have to be solid contributers and the Blazers will need solid coaching.</div>

Are you serious?
    i mean i like Randolph and all but Duncan is almost like Ratliff and Randolph combined!
    Darius Miles cannot be established by nxt year because he is only comming off the bench now and i think that if you want to waste a spot on a Small forward who cant shoot the3 then give it to Patterson cuz he is the Bruce Bowen in your little comperisson and a shooting guard who can be a consistent 3point shooter like leanerd or Jacobsen.
    And dont disrespect guys like Tony Parker who was the 2nd star on the team and Stephan Jackson,Manu Ginobili and even steve Kerr who gave their numbers in da clutch.

13. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rod:</div><div class="quote_post">Are you serious?
    i mean i like Randolph and all but Duncan is almost like Ratliff and Randolph combined!
    Darius Miles cannot be established by nxt year because he is only comming off the bench now and i think that if you want to waste a spot on a Small forward who cant shoot the3 then give it to Patterson cuz he is the Bruce Bowen in your little comperisson and a shooting guard who can be a consistent 3point shooter like leanerd or Jacobsen.
    </div>

I said Randolph isn't Duncan (Dunking, spelled it wrong), but he can be the Blazers smaller version of him. 22 and 11 everynight from is what he needs to do, like last year without SAR.

Miles can establish himself this year, because SAR is gone before the trade deadline, although now he wants to remain. The Blazers might as well get something for him before he leaves as a FA this year.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">And dont disrespect guys like Tony Parker who was the 2nd star on the team and Stephan Jackson,Manu Ginobili and even steve Kerr who gave their numbers in da clutch</div>

I'm not "disrespecting" them buddy. I stated that Manu and Parker weren't half the players they are now, and besides Duncan, they didn't have a sidekick to him. They had an aging Robinson, but he wasn't a huge factor, other than a presence in the middle. The Blazers have, and will have a better supporting cast than Duncans 2003 one.

I'm not comparing the Blazers to the Spurs, I'm just giving you an example of a team that doesn't need 2 stars to win a ship, which is apparently a must for you, in order to get into the playoffs.

14. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Banks:</div><div class="quote_post">I said Randolph isn't Duncan (Dunking, spelled it wrong), but he can be the Blazers smaller version of him. 22 and 11 everynight from is what he needs to do, like last year without SAR.

Miles can establish himself this year, because SAR is gone before the trade deadline, although now he wants to remain. The Blazers might as well get something for him before he leaves as a FA this year.

I'm not "disrespecting" them buddy. I stated that Manu and Parker weren't half the players they are now, and besides Duncan, they didn't have a sidekick to him. They had an aging Robinson, but he wasn't a huge factor, other than a presence in the middle. The Blazers have, and will have a better supporting cast than Duncans 2003 one.

I'm not comparing the Blazers to the Spurs, I'm just giving you an example of a team that doesn't need 2 stars to win a ship, which is apparently a must for you, in order to get into the playoffs.</div>

You don't understand the point,Randolph can't be even similar to Duncan cuz he's not even close to Duncan level of D,Duncan can guard Shaq,can randolph guard shaq?
    Randolph is more like SAR,Tim Thomas etc... making 22 aND 12 every night but allowing 20 and 10 at the other end and losing balls to double teams here and there.
    he can be an exellent support in the paint but i won't build around him as the biggest star on the team with his play right now.
    SAR will not be traded and even if he is its gonna be a deal that would screw the Blazers over - thats John Nash's style and besides Paul Allen really wants him on the team so he'll probably stay.
    Anyway i dont think that a team that wants to win should start with him and not Ruben Patterson cuz Ruben Patterson knows how to defend well,all miles can offer right now is double team on Randolph on offense and avrage defense(exept for a block here and there) and if you ask me i would dump them both.

And im not saying that Ginobili and Parker were superstars but a PG that shoots 15 ppg is my definition to the 2nd star,im not saying he was an All-Star but considering that Duncan completed him so well my theory still works and together with stephan Jackson who shoots 13 PPG thats enough for a team that lived off defence,the Blazers could establish such hard defence if Randolph was half as good on D as duncan and the rest were really good on D and 4 of the prime perimiter players would make the shoot 4 sure from the 3point line and from the fieldb when they are open than we had a good team in this format but there are too many "ifs" in this post so i think that replacing John Nash and going into a complete rebuild will be the best solution.

15. baller#4

baller#4 JBB JustBBall Member

bassy needs to be traded to a new team

16. DMiles4MVP

DMiles4MVP JBB JustBBall Member

yo Rod, did u say Tim Thomas averages 22 and 12? LOL, please stop

17. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Well at least you no longer have the 'too many stars' problem.

18. Rod

Rod JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DMiles4MVP:</div><div class="quote_post">yo Rod, did u say Tim Thomas averages 22 and 12? LOL, please stop</div>

Yea i just saw Thomas's stats and he is really stinking up the knicks this year - i didnt know that.

Its a little hard to find a PF in the league that have 22ppg and 12rpg but still plays bad on D so i just threw Tim thomas in there...

Ill be happy to hear if Zach hAs improved his defense though.