Melo, that's just wrong

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by N4S, Nov 9, 2004.

1. N4S

N4S BBW Member

"By the way, Anthony came to the opener wearing a T-shirt with a burning Twin Towers that said: "[John] Kerry shouldn't have given up. He should have fought all the way through." Anthony then admitted he didn't vote."

Chicago Tribune

To me is looks like Carmelo isn't just the fun person to be around anymore. With all the illegal actions here and there, and then he wears a t-shirt dipicting America's top tragedy.

2. shankyoass

shankyoass Ceci n'est pas une pipe.

is Melo on crack!?!?!? [​IMG]

3. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

First off, post a link as opposed the just the name of the source.

Secondly, people who don't vote have no right to complain.

Thirdly, the twin tower aspect of the shirt was uncalled for.

4. N4S

N4S BBW Member

5. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

As you can see, I am blonde. I don't understand what the shirt is trying to depict.

6. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sabretooth:</div><div class="quote_post">As you can see, I am blonde. I don't understand what the shirt is trying to depict.</div>
    He's saying with Bush in office things are bad and that Kerry shouldn't have given up in the election.

Stupid move on Melo's part. First the weed, now this. If he actually cared about the situation he obviously would have voted - which he didn't do. Oh well, everyone can tell he's changed, and his Nuggets aren't doing too hot either. He needs to clear his head and focus on basketball.

7. Sabretooth

Sabretooth JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ice:</div><div class="quote_post">He's saying with Bush in office things are bad and that Kerry shouldn't have given up in the election. </div>

That's what I thought, but Kerry can only do so much.

8. theclown1

theclown1 JBB JustBBall Member

This isnt very good for Melo. He really needs to grow up. What kind of man does this. He should just focus on playing basketball.

I think all the money and the fame just isnt good for him. He dont know what to do anymore. Sorry for my bad english. I hope i made myself clear. I just couldnt find the right words to say it.

9. live2ball

live2ball JBB JustBBall Member

how about we stop haten, its old news, and we are supposed to be talking about basketball not how melo didn't vote

10. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Well, it was found today and wasn't bought up yet. So we want to talk about the new news now, so be.

11. Billa_Bong

Billa_Bong JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting live2ball:</div><div class="quote_post">how about we stop haten, its old news, and we are supposed to be talking about basketball not how melo didn't vote</div>
    Well I think it is important because it shows how stupid and ignorent atheletes can be, I think it just proves he needed to complete College before entering the NBA, wouldv'e gave him time to finish doin his drugs and maybe learn something more than roll, light, puff. So really you have no right to complain when you didn't even do anything yourself to effect what you wanted to be done.

Also what is he doing on the basketball court, he is trying to do eveything himself which is why the Nuggets are 1-3.

12. 30 standing ver

30 standing ver JBB JustBBall Member

Boy the man didn't vote either. God and I heard Luda and Paris was doing that Rock the vote thing too and didn't vote themselves. I voted twice already and I'm 22. Turned 18 during the right year.

13. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

Carmelo is acting like most 20 year olds with money do, he's just gotta stop pressuring himself being who he's not. Although younger, LeBron can handle a lot of things better than Melo can. But this kid is learning, and losses are the results of the team still trying to figure each other out, feeling out each other. I guess they'll bounce back and get some wins, but they just gotta stop thinking about the 50 win expectation BS. Gotta come out and play hard like the Nuggets.

14. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Billa_Bong:</div><div class="quote_post">So really you have no right to complain when you didn't even do anything yourself to effect what you wanted to be done.
    </div>

And what makes you think he didn't? Maybe he donated money to the Kerry campaign. There's more to being politically involved in national politics and contributing to a campaign than voting, particularly when you're a rich person with lots of resources.

Also, your statement doesn't make sense because he's not complaining that people didn't go out and vote (that would be hypocritical). He's complaining that Kerry conceded without a fight, after all the support and time millions of Americans gave him. Personally, I think that's a legitimate gripe, regardless of whether or not you voted.

15. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Are you trying to say that someone donating $ to a campaign wouldn't get their asses out their and vote for the person?

That's makes 0 sense.

16. Billa_Bong

Billa_Bong JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post">And what makes you think he didn't? Maybe he donated money to the Kerry campaign. There's more to being politically involved in national politics and contributing to a campaign than voting, particularly when you're a rich person with lots of resources.

Also, your statement doesn't make sense because he's not complaining that people didn't go out and vote (that would be hypocritical). He's complaining that Kerry conceded without a fight, after all the support and time millions of Americans gave him. Personally, I think that's a legitimate gripe, regardless of whether or not you voted.</div>
    Money doesn't win campaigns, votes do and when you have the ability to vote and do not excercise that and go bitching about how your man didn't win you have no right to bitch and moan and wear t-shirts like that, its just stupid.

17. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Need4Sheed:</div><div class="quote_post">Are you trying to say that someone donating $ to a campaign wouldn't get their asses out their and vote for the person?

That's makes 0 sense.</div>

It takes hardly a few minutes to write a check. It could take hours to go and vote.

18. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Billa_Bong:</div><div class="quote_post">Money doesn't win campaigns, votes do and when you have the ability to vote and do not excercise that and go bitching about how your man didn't win you have no right to bitch and moan and wear t-shirts like that, its just stupid.</div>

A single vote is statistically insignificant. A couple thousand bucks could actually be more valuable to winning a campaign than a vote.

19. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

Every vote counts... did you see how close the election was.

If you say only 1 vote doens't matter millions of people could be saying 1 vote dones't matter, so a million peopel stay home thinking htey cant make a difference. Please get your facts straight durvasa.

20. N4S

N4S BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post">It takes hardly a few minutes to write a check. It could take hours to go and vote.</div>

You really believe that some people will actually give $ to their campaign of choice and not vote for it?

If I was giving $ to a certain campaign, damn right I'm gonna want to vote.

Does anyone agree with me on this?