Melo, that's just wrong

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by N4S, Nov 9, 2004.

1. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

Yo guys I'm a fan of both Kobe and Melo so I guess I'm the peace-maker here LOL :mrgreen: This thread is about MELO so ain't no use bringing up Kobe into the subject. Yeah, Melo's actions since summer have been an eyebrow raiser so this thread was created to criticise him, hopefully in a mature and constructive manner. All we Melo fans should do is just accept the criticisms that are still relevant and deserving of Melo's actions. However, we also expect Melo-bashers out there to not go out of the line and bash Melo for more than what he did.

Remember, he's still 20 years old and is still trying to find out who he really is and please don't bring up LeBron this time and say how he is more mature than Melo and Melo should behave the way LeBron does. The truth is that guy LeBron is just a freak (in a good way) that he knows how to deal with all the spotlight and media and people at such a young age that veterans who have been in the L for 7-9 years are still having a hard time dealing... is just amazing. So, let's put LeBron aside and focus on Melo.

So far Melo has been trying to respond positively to his own critics... he wasn't upset with the idea of being benched for the game vs. the Pistons after being in Larry Brown's doghouse in the Olympics. His teammate K-Mart criticised (?) him for being too uptight and wanting so much to prove that he is no bench-quality player. K-Mart told him to relax and let the game come to him and Melo listened and responded with 34 pts, 7 rbds, 5 assists, and 4 steals against the Pistons. Melo may be a jerk at times, but he's just being Melo like him or not, and if his actions are going too far, he is willing to listen to people and improve.

2. Tribute to H2O

Tribute to H2O JBB JustBBall Rookie Of The Month

I dont understand this thread. Carmelo wore a stupid shirt. What exactly is the big deal? And then there's this whole issue about Carmelo voting. Let me just say that his one vote meant nothing just like someone before me said. Absolutely nothing. It doesnt matter which candidate gets more votes so again his vote meant nothing as did a good deal of our votes. We can go back and forth but in the end if Carmelo gave Kerry the amount of money he's capable of donating then he made more of a difference than all of our little votes. That's a fact.

Then there's this he's a role model stuff... "Oh no Carmelo didnt vote now our children wont vote when they grow up and American society as we know it will crumble...".Please. Their children they cant vote so who cares? If by the time their old enough to vote they dont because Carmelo didnt vote then quite frankly they shouldnt be allowed to.

Carmelo wore a shirt that had the Twin Towers burning and stated that Kerry shouldnt have given up. That is it. He used his right of free speech and said what he wanted to say. That is still legal I think or it was before the Patriot Act. Again I'd just like to repeat that all he did was wear a shirt not attend a flag burning rally although if for some reason he was possessed to go to one there shouldnt be a problem. It has to be remembered he isnt just a basketball player. He's a person like everyone else. And he does have the right to whine, complain and wear t shirts if he wants. And he better excercise that right as much as he can because pretty soon that might be illegal. So enough of the politics. Let's go back to talking about how much the Nuggets are sucking.

3. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting realdealbneal:</div><div class="quote_post">How did Kobe suddenly appear in this thread?

It's about Carmelo Anthony.</div>

Thank you man. Damn people this isn't about Lebron, Kobe, Syracuse or any of that stuff. It's about Melo being stupid again, and there is no excuse for it. It's not about whether or not he competed, or should have completed college (one person misread a post by the way and thats how that argument started. nobody ever said that melo didn't compete, they said that he didn't COMPLETE college).

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I voted...and I won't say for who because it's irrelevant, but when I try and debate about political subjects, I will...and when I'm asked if I voted, then I can safely say that I did. If I didn't, why would my opinion count in a debate that means absolutely nothing, when I felt as if it didn't count on Election Day?</div>

Exactly. I voted too, and I can't stand it when people complain (or celebrate) the result of the election when they were too lazy, or "forgot" to vote.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Carmelo messed up...again. Weed (his or not, he's making millions, so get some new friends), irrelevant political statements, a bar fight, his Olympic whining...what else just during his first two years in the league?</div>

I'll add some things to your list: promising gold in athens, promising a win in the rookie-sophmore game, refusing to go back into a game during his rookie year, shooting horribly and then complaining about his lack of shots/playing time (this year).

The man is just not right in the head. Next thing we know he'll be asking for time off to work on a children's cd or something.

4. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

I don't hate on Melo...I just have trouble understanding why he's doing this already. I don't see why he would need attention, or why he would need to express something that has absolutely NOTHING to do with basketball...so I don't get it.

I'm sure Melo didn't get up, put on his suit and looked into his closet and thought, "Hey, I'll look professional with my Kerry shirt today." He knew it would cause controversy, just like some of the other things he has done. He's got a great rookie contract for being the top player out of college a year ago...and he's got a playoff-caliber team with a new teammate in K-Mart, a contract with Jordan for his clothes...what else does he want? If it's attention, he's got enough. If it's respect, he had enough. If it's downright controversy, he just signed on the dotted line.

5. melogirl1503

melogirl1503 JBB JustBBall Member

Im here just adding my two-cents in.............. melo should of voted point blank.If I was old enough to vote trust me i would of voted but he had that right and all he did was misused it. Now i want to give melo his props for playing a good game Thursday night against the pistons."who would of thought" the nuggets beat the pistons but hands down i gotta give it to the nugggets.

6. purpleb0n9

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">I'll add some things to your list: promising gold in athens, promising a win in the rookie-sophmore game, refusing to go back into a game during his rookie year, shooting horribly and then complaining about his lack of shots/playing time (this year).

The man is just not right in the head. Next thing we know he'll be asking for time off to work on a children's cd or something.</div>

Melo is just being Melo, he's young, still acting like a twenty year old. True, all of his actions that you said are childish and inexcusable but for the same reason why you can't stand a 20 year old sometimes. I said this not to mean that all 20 year olds are jerks but "some" of them are acting like childishly. People are just different, Melo is being Melo and whatever that he thinks he needs to correct, he is willing to do it.

7. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting PupMelo:</div><div class="quote_post">Melo is just being Melo, he's young, still acting like a twenty year old. True, all of his actions that you said are childish and inexcusable but for the same reason why you can't stand a 20 year old sometimes. I said this not to mean that all 20 year olds are jerks but "some" of them are acting like childishly. People are just different, Melo is being Melo and whatever that he thinks he needs to correct, he is willing to do it.</div>

Carmelo Anthony needs a wake up call plain and simple.

8. purpleb0n9

^ True that he needs a wake up call and when he's awake watch out for the Nuggets y all, including the Lakers! But too bad last night's 28 pts against the Kings wasn't enough to get the W... but still like you've awaken a sleeping lion, Melo's awake!

9. Billa_Bong

Billa_Bong JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting boogieman470:</div><div class="quote_post">Well he knew he wasnt ready to jump from HS to the pros even tho he would have made it into the first round. So give him credit for waiting until he was fully able to prove himself and develop as a b-ball player. Unlike the man we know as kobe Bryant. And didnt he struggle his first couple seasons in the NBA. And i agree Carmelo being selfish is abig part of the Nuggets' record so far. And again, i hate to bring up kobe Bryant, but based on your avatar and sig ur a big fan which i find funny because ur basically crucifying Melo for what Kobe does.(Besides the Pot)Kobe never even went to college and struggled his first few years in LA. And as far as being a selfish player, haha. Kobe is THE most selfish player in the league. He thinks he can do it all himself and when Shaq was being his dominant self, he pouted. And according to Phil Jackson, he was "getting tired of being second fiddle".

But to get back to the topic at hand, Carmelo hasnt been convicted. Our law system says innocent until proven guilty. If you would like to tell me different you would be saying everyone whoever has been arrested or even given a ticket is guilty.</div>

So if we are going by how our law system says people are different than Kobe has a clean record doesn't he. The reason I brought up college was because of maturity, Melo needs to grow up and with another year of college he might have learned patience and might have matured as a player. Now ya Kobe had bad season his first 2 years, maybe because he didn't get even close to the minutes Melo is seeing and wasn't the teams main offensive threat. So why bring up Kobe, if your going by what our "government" system says Kobe is innocent of every crime he has commited so he has a clean record. Now if you were going on what the majority of the people think, they will probably say Kobe raped that girl and all that crap and that Melo does drugs.

Also if you were a top three player in a league, can beat anyone on the court. How would you feel if your coach and team told you weren't good enough to be the main offensive threat when on any other team he would be the main man, he was better than Shaq, he has the capablities of being better than Shaq. How would you feel, I think you would feel like, just like you were being held back. Imagine, Kobe is 26, hasn't even hit his prime. Probably will be playing till he is 40. 14 years left and he will just get better. If being selfish is wanting your full potential, hey I am the most selfish guy on the internet. I want everything for myself and nothing less. Also if you have been watching the Laker games, Kobe seems to be very sharing with the ball and wants to get his teammates involved unlike Melo, thats why I am criticizing Melo and that's why we arn't talkin bout Kobe.

So why bring Kobe up, cuz you feel you pulled some shred of dignity for the mistakes Melo has done?

Melo ****** up, simple as that. He needs to grow as a player and as a person.

10. McGrady#1

McGrady#1 JBB JustBBall Member

how does kobe get into every damn thread on this website? quite frankly i'm sick of hearing about him!

And to the person who said one vote doesn't count - who said it doesn't? what if everyone took the same attitude and didn't vote, there would be a major swing in the voting then.
    you can't sit back and say that 1 vote doesn't count cause it does.
    Also, how could anyone protest about the election if they aren't even willing to vote against the party they are protesting???
    melo and some of you guys defending his actions on this really don't have much clue.

i live in Australia, voting is compulsory, however i don't do a donkey vote (take the ballot and leave it blank when you put it in the box) i vote for who i want to run our country.

11. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting McGrady#1:</div><div class="quote_post">how does kobe get into every damn thread on this website?</div>

Because he is the center of the universe, where have you been?

I agree with your point about voting. But I also feel that those who cast uneducated votes are almost as bad as those who don't vote at all. People need to be less passive and read up on the issues year round rather than voting for who did better in the debates or simply voting based on party.

12. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Carmelo Anothony's shirt defeats it's purpose. It suggests he has a problem with Bush and he does nothing about it by not voting.

13. jbb94ftOfTherapy

jbb94ftOfTherapy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Billa_Bong:</div><div class="quote_post">So why bring up Kobe, if your going by what our "government" system says Kobe is innocent of every crime he has commited so he has a clean record. Now if you were going on what the majority of the people think, they will probably say Kobe raped that girl and all that crap and that Melo does drugs.
    </div>
    Well first off, i never said Kobe raped her.(I never had an opinion on the subject because frankly it doesnt affect me) I said Kobe was a selfish player, and that he struggled his first few years in the league. Second will everybody shutup about melo being a ********* because hes CLEARED.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Denver City Attorney’s Office today dismissed a marijuana possession charge against Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony. The City Attorney decided to dismiss the charge after conducting its own investigation.</div>
    Link
    Ok now lets stop talking about drugs and Kobe(my bad) and focus on the topic at hand.

14. saad

saad JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Secondly, people who don't vote have no right to complain.
    </div>

yeah that idea makes a lot of sense. so if you do vote and you're dumb as hell with no information you can compain bt someon who doesnt vote and knows the issues cant? good one genius.

15. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting saad:</div><div class="quote_post">yeah that idea makes a lot of sense. so if you do vote and you're dumb as hell with no information you can compain bt someon who doesnt vote and knows the issues cant? good one genius.</div>

Is that what I said? You truly are sad, way to choose an accurate screen name.

I'm not even going to waste time trying to explain it to you.

16. Beyond_Da-Ball

Beyond_Da-Ball JBB JustBBall Member

Carmelo can wear whatever t- shirts he wants , he maybe didnt get a chance . Maybe he didnt wan't to. But showing his support is fine. He is just supporting who he wants. whats the promblem ?

17. baller#4

baller#4 JBB JustBBall Member

he's 18 he has an opinion he should have voted

18. skip

skip BBW Member

damn.. Melo is def changed, Lebron didnt let the fame get to him.. i used to like Melo better just cuz he was the underdog to Lebron, but now, i have more respect for Lebron