Memphis @ Golden State

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Rudeezy, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Memphis @ Golden State

When: Monday, Jan 12th
    Where: Oakland Arena

Probable Starters

<font color="Blue">Warriors</font>

PG: Nick Van Exel
    SG: Jason Richardson
    SF: Mike Dunleavy
    PF: Clifford Robinson
    C : Erick Dampier

<font color="MediumTurquoise">Grizzles</font>

PG: Jason Williams
    SG: James Posey
    SF: Mike Miller
    PF: Pau Gasol
    C: Lorenzen Wright

Key Factor

[​IMG]

Can Brian Cardinal keep up his brilliant play? This is a guy that nobody knew of last year, now he is someone people will not soon forget.

Golden State/Memphis Analysis

This is a matchup of two teams with one goal: 8th seed. Both teams have had up and downs this year and have both suffered long losing streaks. I see this game being very like the Sonics/Warriors game. This should be a hard fought, tight contest that could go either way. The Warriors have played very well at home this year and look to win their second straight.

Rudeezy's Prediction

I see the Warriors playing another tough game at home and playing well enough for the W.

Warriors by 7.

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

They better get at least get close to .500 soon and then keep winning if they want to make the playoffs.

3. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

Warriors will win this one. Despite their recent struggle, they have shown that they are capable of winning at home. Warriors by 5.

4. cArMeLo15

cArMeLo15 JBB JustBBall Member

Warriors by 8. Memphis isn't playing their best ball, plus GS is FINALLY home.

5. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting cArMeLo15:</div><div class="quote_post">plus GS is FINALLY home.</div>Amen to that.

6. Rudeezy

I'll be at the game tonight! I'll post pics when I return!

7. TheFuller

TheFuller JBB JustBBall Member

Warriors by 7

8. TimFlem

TimFlem JBB JustBBall Member

Warriors by 11 since yall are home play hard and get the W for all the fans you hear

9. Purple N Gold

Purple N Gold JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">I'll be at the game tonight! I'll post pics when I return!</div>

I know that was fun, it's just too bad the Warriors came up short. That was probably the best game I have seen this year, I give a lot of credit to Memphis, they were able to hit key shots when they were most needed. However, I am still confident that the Warriors can win games at home, but playing on the road is still a shaky situation for them.

10. Rudeezy

Man, what a heart breaking loss for the W's. Free throws killed the warriors once again. Athough Dampier had a monster night scoring 25 and grabbing 22 rebounds, he missed key free throws down the stretch.

11. Custodianrules2

Something stunk at the arena last night... it was Nick Van Exel! Somebody has to bench that guy so his friggin' knee can heal otherwise he'll be losing more games like this. Play Speedy and AJ in the mean time.

12. Rudeezy

Van Exel played horrible in the 4th and that is why the Warriors lost. He kept trying to take the game over when he just couldn't. J-Rich shot the ball one time in the fourth quarter...thats unacceptable.

13. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Van Exel played horrible in the 4th and that is why the Warriors lost. He kept trying to take the game over when he just couldn't. J-Rich shot the ball one time in the fourth quarter...thats unacceptable.</div>

It's just beginning to feel hopeless when they tried to make Cardinal the go=to guy last night and had stro on him. It also sucks that Nick Van Exel is being vocally negative about Musselman. Musselman is the best coach we've had in a long long time and if it was between him and van exel going. I'd want van exel out. If we trade him away it'd make the front office and Chris Mullin look bad after all we went through to get him too. I say the best course of option is to start speedy for a while. He'd love to start. and Nick Van Exel will come out to close if he's hot. I think his knees are just shot from his minutes and him trying to come back early. Its all his fault. He can't play the blame game.