memphis/toronto trade

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by Kid Canada, May 17, 2003.

1. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

ronto trades: PF Antonio Davis (13.9 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 2.5 apg in 35.7 minutes)
    SF Morris Peterson (14.1 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.3 apg in 36.0 minutes)
    Toronto receives: SG Wesley Person (11.0 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 29.4 minutes)
    C Lorenzen Wright (11.4 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 28.3 minutes)
    Change in team outlook: -5.6 ppg, -2.3 rpg, and -2.0 apg.

Memphis trades: SG Wesley Person (11.0 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.7 apg in 29.4 minutes)
    C Lorenzen Wright (11.4 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.1 apg in 28.3 minutes)
    Memphis receives: PF Antonio Davis (13.9 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 2.5 apg in 53 games)
    SF Morris Peterson (14.1 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 2.3 apg in 82 games)
    Change in team outlook: +5.6 ppg, +2.3 rpg, and +2.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED
    grizz roster
    c-pau/stromile
    pf-davis/stromile/humphrey
    sf-miller/batier
    sg-mo pete/batier/dickerson(i.r)
    pg-j will/earl/knight

raps roster
    c-wright/bradley
    pf-j y d/milicic
    sf-carter/murray
    sg-person/murray(6th man)
    pg-a will/alston

i think the trade is good for both teams :thumbsup:

2. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

Memphis would do this trade in a heartbeat. Lorenzen Wright will never be anything special. In fact, towards the end of the season Wright backed up Stromile Swift at center. The only thing that is causing West to hold onto Wright is the fact that Wright is from Memphis and has strong ties with the community. When the PA announcer calls out his name before games everybody goes crazy. He is a real hometown hero. It would be nice for the Grizzlies to have a true center though. Wright just doesn't cut it for them. Morris Petterson is still young and has quite the future ahead of him. Although the Raptors are feverishly looking to dump him, I think that it is a mistake. He could be great someday, but until then he could serve as an insurrance policy for the Grizzlies incase Michael Dickerson doesn't recover from his injury, which it looks like he wont. Wesley Person is also getting older, so the Grizzlies could use some young blood at the shooting gaurd position. I can't say much from the Toronto position, but it seems kind of unfair for them. Like I said earlier Petterson has a tremendous upside and I can't fathom why the Toronto organization wants to dump him so fast. Are there any injury problems with the two? My overall opinion is that this is a good trade for the Grizzlies, but a bad trade for the Raptors until I hear more.

3. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

you know my hate for darko, so thats why i think this is a bad trade, because the raps would have to draft him :-x . I know your trying to explore possibilities, but magloire would be perfect for Toronto, and we can the raps can draft melo or bron and somehow get rid of mo pete.

^getting rid of mo pete possibly for magloire, how can you go wrong with this lineup?

C-Jamal Magloire/Jelani if he stays/second rd pick James Lang
    PF-AD, JYD
    SF-Lammond Murray, Melo
    SG-Vince, maybe bron instead if we dont draft melo/voshon leonerd
    PG-Alvin, Rafer

that lineup would give the raptors rebounding, and plenty of scoring.

And an answer to your statement why Toronto wants to get rid of mo pete. They want to or would get rid of him because he takes dumb shots, and he shoots a low percentage i think its 39%=terrible, he should be shooting around 45%. he is criticized for not driving to the basket enough.

4. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

About Darko Milicic, why do you think that the Raptors will get the pick to draft him? You may get the fourth or fifth pick in which case the Raptors could draft Chris Bosh or Chris Kaman. Do you have any hatred towards them?

Look at this lineup -

C - Lorenzen Wight/Jelani if he stays
    PF - Chris Bosh/Jerome Williams/FA
    SF - Lammond Murray/FA/Second Rounder
    SG - Vince Carter/Voshon Leonerd
    PG - Alvin Williams/Rafer Alston

5. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

mo pete will not get traded for magloire. magloire is staying a hornet, since they got rid of elden campbell.

btw any admins that read this, you should make a trade board for weird, crazy trades that could work for both teams and get feedback on the trades. (realgm has one)

6. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

i always hear raptors21 doing a trade with the raptors if they do a small trade or no trades at all. your gonna fell reall smart huh lol

will i think they should get rid of Moe Pete and get a good "only Forward" instead

7. DLee7283

DLee7283 Bond, James Bond

student
    Memphis would be dumb to do this trade,AD is old and doesnt want to work anymore and Peterson is ok but not what we need
    [/i]

8. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

Memphis wouldn't give up Person or Wright for Mo Pete or AD...like some have said....AD is old and won't work....Mo Pete is overrated in your eyes raps21...he's done squat to be high in trade value like you're makin him....RealGM or not...another trade that doesn't go through for raps21...