Merged: |0fficial| Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Oct 28, 2016.

1. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

What are the offers that would be so much better?

2. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    Give me your best Portland offer and I'll tell you.

3. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Lillard and CJ. Pretty sure they'd take.

Not that I have the slightest interest in seeing them offered.

4. AmirIcon

AmirIcon Well-Known Member

Writer, Director, Actor
    I'd rather look for defense than offense in our 5 if we can't find a 2 way player like Cousins or Davis. I'll take Noel over Okafor. I'd rather see the team develop Vonleh more and have him as an offensive weapon in the post. It's unfortunate that Stotts isn't giving him many clear outs to see if he can score consistently in the post. After the deadline, I think we'd be better off going with Vonleh at the 4 than Aminu. Vonleh is probably a better shooter anyways and doesn't give up as much size to guys like Griffin and Jokic.

blue9 and rotary111 like this.
  5. BonesJones

Crabbe, Plumlee, Vonleh, Leonard, 2017 POR 1st, 2018 CLE 1st, 2019 POR 1st for Cousins and Temple

Blazers Roy likes this.
  6. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
    How many of them are above average for their positions? Quantity does not equal quality, it just means you'll be mediocre at more positions. And POR and CLE picks are low 20s at best. Just off the top of my head Denver (who has Cousins's fave coach) could offer a package of Nurkic AND Jokic AND Chandler/Faried and a pick or two that would likely be better. Boston has a ton of assets. The Clippers could offer Blake Griffin. The Warriors could offer Klay Thompson. Orlando could offer Vucevic, Gordon and Hezonja and a pick or two that would likely be much better. Milwaukee could offer Jabari Parker, Greg Monroe and Thon Maker, and... I'm bored of this game.

JFizzleRaider and Hobbesarable like this.
  7. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Well they obviously have zero chance of overcoming Cavaliers in the East, their second best player is Howard and their PG is still not proven enough but I agree with their decision to give the reigns to Schröder and let Teague go. They will lose Millsap at the end of season too because he is unlikely to take player option. If they decide that they aren't good enough to win this year, then they could do much worse than getting 2 young pieces like Aminu and Crabbe. Point is, for it to make sense for us we would need to be convinced that the short term benefit is worth it, which in this case would be winning the championship this year.

Very interesting what we are going to do.

8. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

:lol:

9. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

All correct. Unless Cousins says that he specifically wants to move here, I cannot see it. Not all those clubs will want him but some will.

Brook is far more likely if we are going for a ready now player. Why is it that people do not warm to this idea that much?

Sixers would IMO give one of their bigs that isn't Embiid for Crabbe because they are not getting more for them and he'd immediately start for them at 2. They would even take Plumlee and Leonard IMO if we added a pick, for Noel. It has come to a point where they will take anything really because it makes no sense to re-sign him and nobody seems to be offering much.

10. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
    I'm trying to. But Brooklyn has been so bad for so long despite him. And he's a poor defender and poor rebounder and he's paid over $20M a year. Oh, and has been injury prone. (All of which is why he might be available despite his manifest talents.)

I still prefer him to Monroe, Kanter or Okafor, in part because I have a soft spot for Lopezes, but also because I think he sees the big picture, does actually try to play D (and has a long reach so can do a lot just by standing still) and is a breeze in the lockerroom.

11. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Yep I'm the same regarding the last few sequences. He seems really cool, wants to win and IMO Brooklyn never surrounded him with players remotely good enough to compete when he got seriously good. His defense is an obvious worry but it's the same with the players you mentioned. If we want defence then it's Crabbe for Noel really. Very few centers do both when you think about this really.

12. BonesJones

Our package would be more valuable then Milwaukee's, and definitely the Clippers as Griffin would just leave next summer.

Orlando's package would be solid but I see no way they make that trade. They would still be a lotto team and wouldn't get better, plus need help on the wings.

Denver could offer a better package but I think Jokic is as valuable to them as McCollum is to us, and that they don't want to give him up, especially with other assets.

Boston would be more possible, but teams haven't valued their picks as much as they do, and they've been stubborn.

13. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, all of this could happen, but how much of it is even remotely likely to happen?

Why on earth would DEN give up Nurkic OR Jokic, let alone both, for DMC? They have two players, who are younger AND cheaper and who may become better than DMC. Also, they aren't going anywhere. So again, why would they trade young, cheap, good players that they can control for the foreseeable future for an expensive guy who could bolt next year?

Why would LAC swap Griffin, who is the perfect PF for their team, for DMC? Why would SAC take that trade when Griffin would bolt next summer?

Much like DEN, why would MIL or ORL trade young prospects or picks when they're not going to make the POs? Doesn't make any sense.

Warriors and Klay would be interesting, but I don't see them taking such a risky chance. And again, Klay wouldn't re-sign with SAC, so why would SAC agree to that trade?

BOS. So, what's the package they offer? This is the ONLY team you suggested that's even remotely realistic, and yet you didn't bother to detail how their package would be better than ours.

IMO there are very few teams that make sense as a destination for DMC, and even fewer that could put together an enticing trade package.

Blazers Roy and Orion Bailey like this.
  14. Blazers Roy

Blazers Roy Well-Known Member

I think the Lakers are crazy enough to offer Russel,Randel and a draft pick for Boogie. Hell, they might even package Ingram and Mozgov for him.

15. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
    That's just blatantly false.

They would have a frontcourt of Ibaka and Boogie with Biyombo off the bench and Fournier and Payton at guard. I think they'd be happy with that. Remember the rule of trades: whoever gets the best player wins.

Maybe. But Sacramento doesn't HAVE to trade Boogie at all. You have to tempt them. Nobody would be tempted by the offer you came up with.

16. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
    Remember what Minnesota got for Kevin Love. Boogie is better than Love.
    I didn't even mention Philly, who probably have already offered Noel, Okafor and Saric along with a guaranteed high lotto pick. They might even give up Embiid if they have private doubts about his long term health, and he projects as better than Cousins if he stays healthy.

Whatever. If we're going to bring up the stubbornness of GMs and owners, then Sacto's owner is very stubbornly attached to Boogie. And Vlade was around as a player when Sacto hung on to Webber when everyone said they had no chance of keeping him.

17. Rastapopoulos

Ballin'
    Another, more realistic name: Luol Deng. He signed with the Lakers mainly because nobody else was offering him money, probably because of health concerns. But he sticks out on that roster like a sore thumb, and both he and they will want to part by midseason so they can go back to full tank mode.

18. BonesJones

Blatantly false? Monroe holds no trade value, and Vonleh holds just as much if not more trade value than Maker. So Parker is more tempting then Crabbe, Plumlee, Leonard, and 3 first rounders? don't think so.

Lol. Not sure Orlando would be happy with that. Who would be on their bench? Who would be their SF?

Sacramento won't trade him unless they have to. And if they have to, it's not going to take as much to tempt them.

19. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Philadelphia won't offer them anything. They absolutely do not need Cousins and have staked a lot on Embiid, he is going to be their long term solution at center and by the looks of it, a damn good one as well (what a talent). Okafor and/or Noel will be traded for backcourt players or picks.

Really, we should just approach Philly and tell them that we will give them whoever they like aside from CJ and Dame and take one of Noel and Okafor from them. They won't cost much and are available, Okafor is barely getting 15 minutes now that Embiid is fit and Saric is there.

H.C. likes this.
  20. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

To stay on topic... - Okafor pls pls

You did see Vonleh get a chance to post up in the Clippers game right?
    Which led to a turnover when he had Wesley Johnson defending him in the post.