Merged: |0fficial| Trade Deadline

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    You're allowed to think that, but please don't think you've got any company.

Nikolokolus likes this.
  2. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    So we're agreed. (And Portland is not one of those few.)

3. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

BTW it's very early days, but if Evan Turner does not adjust here and turns out to be a rather poor fit, is it possible that we will include him in a trade in a few months? In terms of rules I think we will be allowed to do that, and quite a lot of teams might be willing to get him. His $16M contract is a bit of an obstacle and makes much less attractive for teams than Aminu and Davis.

4. selloutking

selloutking BALL DON'T LIE!

don't we all hope so?

5. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

No.

Dougnsalem and RR7 like this.
  6. selloutking

so if he STILL looks like trash out there, you would prefer to keep throwing money at him?

7. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Its amazing how it seems like some people think he was brought in to be a third of the big three or something?
    He was brought in for defense and play making. Play making meaning drive and dish. Not to score or hit 3's.

If he is still here when we get our third big, he will no longer be in such a spotlight and his game will settle down and be exactly what we brought him in for. Right now, too many expectations because we don't have a third. We might have paid high for a playmaker with D, but again, look at some of the other contracts dished out... this was within the margin.

Dougnsalem likes this.
  8. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I don't. Think he will be a good addition but ultimately Ezeli will be a much more important signing and will make a huge impact. I am optimist.

Dougnsalem and Orion Bailey like this.
  9. Natebishop3

So after three games, you have made up your mind?

BTW, in his last game he shot 5-9 (55.6%), and in the first game against Utah he had 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 block and 1 steal, so really he has only looked like trash in one out of three games.

Dougnsalem likes this.
  10. selloutking

not at all
    I am saying exactly what was originally said of him, IF he continues to disappoint.
    I don't have the wrong perception of him by any means, I get the idea behind bringing him here. but I think HE might have the wrong perception of what he is for the team. he has much the same feel that aminu had early last year, where he thinks he needs to be doing all these things, and be THE man off the bench or THE third guy or what ever. I sit and watch him do what feel like is forced play style, like he is just gunna come in and take over a game. I think/hope it will level out as we progress much like how it did with aminu. but the point is again, like previously said, IF that does NOT happen, and he continues that sort of forced personal offence, then yes, I hope that his contract isn't too much to be an appealing trade option.

11. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

First, I want to see Turner succeed here. I think we all do. Once he adjusts to his teammates and his role, and they adjust to him, things should start to look better.

But, if they don't...

How about BOS as a trading partner? Both Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens have said they miss Turner. With the addition of Al Horford, BOS is supposed to be the second best team in the East this season. What if they are struggling to meet those raised expectations and Turner isn't fitting in well here? Would they want him back, at his current salary? I keep hearing how BOS has all these great trade assets. What do they have that we would want?

I think for something like this to make sense, it would have to involve a third team like PHI that has assets they want to move and something like $24 million in cap space.

BNM

Denny Crane likes this.
  12. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

But Boston have very little they could give us, really. I don't want Olynyk, he is just bland and not a solution at all. They won't give us Al and center is what they are looking for, not something they can give. They won't give us Brooklyn's pick for Evan either. The only way this could work is if a third team is involved but if Boston were keen on giving Turner $16M, they would have done that before us.

Philly won't take Turner, they will take Crabbe if we offer him to them IMO. Am I the only one who just doesn't want to part with any of Harkless, Crabbe, Aminu and Davis because I feel that they will develop into something good and I just like them? Honestly I only feel fine letting Meyers and maybe Plumlee go.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Dougnsalem likes this.
  13. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

I'd do Crabbe straight up for Noel. Noel is a difference maker on the defensive end. I'd prefer a two-way big like Anthony Davis or Al Horford, but how many of those are there and how likely are we to get one? Next best woould be a defensive stopper and Noel is that, young and available.

Just thinking, if BOS doesn't meet expectations, they may want Turner back - even that his inflated salary. Why spend all that money on Horford and underachieve? But, that's a huge assumption as BOS, like us, is 2-1. They aren't exactly dominating anyone (5-point win over BRK, 6 point win over CHO and 6 point loss to CHI), but also, like us, they are trying to integrate a new player into an established rotation.

BNM

illmatic99 likes this.
  14. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I am leaning towards yes regarding Crabbe for Noel but I really wouldn't want to lose Crabbe. As for Noel, I think he could slightly develop his offense to get to a point where he is a threat. He is also athletic and fast and quite a decent passer so there would be no problem running our offense. Would not slow us down like some like Okafor.

15. Natebishop3

I'd probably do it too. A future frontcourt of Vonleh/Noel would be pretty sick.

Harry's Raincoat likes this.
  16. Blazinaway

Blazinaway Well-Known Member

IMO we have seen about as good as Aminu is going to get, I like the guy and think he has a good value contract, but I would not be surprised if last yr was as good as his 3pt shooting is going to get and would not be surprised if he slois thus yr. And we have Hark and Vonleh to play his spot. If a good trade came along I would have no issue with Aminu as part of the package

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    PtldPlatypus and Orion Bailey like this.
  17. Blazinaway

we need to think a "little" about contract size, after what we saw today with the 100 mil extensions given Adams and Gobert Noel is going to get paid easily 20 mil per or more. Now I'd rather have Noel for 22 mil per than Crabbe for 18 mil per, but we do have to consider $$$ to a reasonable extent

18. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Aminu and Leonard's contracts have some appeal to certain teams
    Needs some league experts who know other team's needs and excesses to step in, but I don't see why we cant net a third big for the following in some sort of three team deal...

Aminu/Leonard/Crabbe/Plums/Cle 2018 1st

Somehow we should be able to get a DMC caliber player with that?
    Crabbe will need to start wherever he goes so he signs off on the deal.

I know very little about other teams though.

19. Blazinaway

I really don't think we are going to get a "DMC" caliber player with that, but other option may develop but not at DMC's level IMO

20. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Lets say Vonleh comes into his own. How about we toss Ed Davis in with that. Then we net a DMC with Vonleh as the backup PF/C with.. hmmm... man. I thought we were deeper than this.