Merged: Cousins traded to N'Awlins (for some Cajun shrimp)

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Kings took the best deal. Malcontent, cancer, immature. Talented as hell, but no one wanted him.

Nikolokolus likes this.
  2. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Grant speaking the truth

HailBlazers and PDXFonz like this.
  3. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm not disagreeing with you on who he is, more the organization than anything.

There were several teams in the running for at least a guy who had 1.5 years left. IMO, they could have waited.

But, this is sacremento. The only team who would turn down a deal for a center that is relatively close to Cousins. so if all is true, this was not the best deal - especially since the pick in '17 was not even unprotected.

If Neil had been in this same situation (Dame with 1.5 years left) and got a player back in a position we were already overstocked in, an expiring, and 2 picks that won't even be that great considering... it would be catastrophic to the organization.

Then again, at least we have CJ, whereas Sacramento literally has nothing else. But, if they take the pistons offer... they get something to work with it. That is why IMO they didn't take the best offer.

4. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

They have Rudy Gay. Are you kidding???? ;)

5. damianlillard

damianlillard Well-Known Member

if sacramento never traded demarcus, we wouldn't be able to see nurkic-cousins duel this season. but now that they've traded him to the pelicans, we get to watch them duel 2 time this season. i can't wait for the first duel on march 14th.

rotary111 likes this.
  6. riverman

riverman Writing Team

it's frickin' tongue in cheek.....my fault, I posted that headcase Cousins in New Orleans (city of a lot of crime) would become the next jailblazers and it WAS MEANT TO BE RIDICULOUS....!!!! I can't believe people want to dissect posts like that....Boogie made his own bad boy image...it's his brand

TBpup likes this.
  7. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Grant Napear has a radio show from 3-7 and tonight he's going to have Vlade Divac on at 3:30. It's not often that I'm this intrigued by a trade that has nothing to do with the Blazers, I definitely want to give it a listen and hear what the GM has to say about the move.

Should be playing at this link starting at 3 pm.

http://player.radio.com/listen/station/sports-1140-khtk

PtldPlatypus, Strenuus and riverman like this.
  8. Blazers Roy

Blazers Roy Well-Known Member

Cousins is a great player on a bad franchise.
    Sac got many offers for him and said 'no' too many times and eventually they traded him out of panic instead of doing the right decision at the right time.

All this talk about Cousins being a loser\scrub\headcase\criminal who couldn't draw more interest is absurd.

Wizard Mentor likes this.
  9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

See what he was traded for and get back to me.....he didn't get enough interest....Lakers wouldn't trade a player for him the Kings wanted....melo didn't want to go to Sac....Every journalist in the sport has written about the cancer that comes with Cousins....it's not a stretch to say he comes with some risk and baggage...personally, I'd have loved to trade for him in Portland...why? He loves Lillard and Lillard would keep him in line.

10. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
  11. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

sac apparently took the best offer, which was a 23 year old averaging 8ppg on sub .400 shooting, and the 18th-ish pick in the draft. apparently that was his trade value. sac even had to throw in omri casspi to get it done.

12. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    After passing on Drummond earlier. Competent franchises don't pass on decent returns only to throw away the asset in a panic deal a month or two later. Competent franchises also don't throw stars away for essentially nothing when they have another year to try to get a better deal. Even if a better deal never materialized, this deal was so poor that they were risking nothing.

The Kings aren't a competent franchise. I'm not even willing to assume that they took the best deal offered last night.

HailBlazers likes this.
  13. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Vlade just said at the live press conference the Kings had a better offer for Cousins 2 days ago and didn't take it.

Some insider on another site said the Suns offered something like Knight, Warren and 2 1sts for Cousins and the Kings passed. Who knows if true but it's certainly plausible.

Also know the Lakers were in the mix, probably Randle and a 1st and then filler or something. Depends on how much you like Hield I guess.

14. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    In the last 24 hours, articles have said that of the offers the Kings had received in the last year or two, they got numerous offers which were better than this one. The owner simply got the urge to trade at the wrong time.

15. KeepOnRollin

KeepOnRollin Well-Known Member

They did take the best offer that they liked. But they also stopped answering the phones so they could have probably got a better deal. So both sides are right. Took best deal for them with what they were presented with. Didn't take the best deal they probably could have.

16. KeepOnRollin

Unless those were unprotected 1sts then that deal isn't really any better. Knight has a contract in numbers and length that SAC probably didn't want to have.

Where SAC messed up is just not waiting the 3 days until the deadline before deciding what deal to take.

17. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Detroit would have probably given them Drummond and a first if they insisted. Cousins is better than Drummond because of his scoring and ability to stretch the floor but Drummond would be a good piece to build on.

18. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Well, yeah, by definition they took the deal they liked best. I'm just saying that I wouldn't give them the credit of assuming that the deal they liked the best was the best one for the franchise.

19. KeepOnRollin

Isn't that in the eye of the beholder though? What one team thinks is the best of them long-term is likely very different from another team. I think the biggest fault is them not waiting the extra 3 days until the deadline.

riverman likes this.
  20. selloutking

selloutking BALL DON'T LIE!

maybe NOLA said they have X amount of time to respond or the offer was off the table because they had other options they wanted to try so some panic ensued?