Politics Message from Mags

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Fez Hammersticks, Nov 28, 2019.

1. jlprk

jlprk The ESPN mod is insane.

retired, while you work!
    I hope Wal-Mart retains greeters to check the restrooms, next to the entrance. The only thing worse than teenagers in there would be my other nemesis, barking dogs, of which there are thankfully none. Of course, I can't speak for the women's restrooms.

riverman likes this.
  2. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I detect a hint of humor in your post. Pretty subtle, though.
    I too haven't been in a Walmart many years. I use to go into a Costco two or three times a week. Now, my wife goes in most of the time and I only go in to help her when she gets confused. Oh look, now I'm picking on confused people.

3. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    About 8 years ago I was in bad pain for a year and couldn't stand for an hour in Costco. So I tried their motorized wheelchair available as you walk in. The store was standing room only and I had many close calls, but I avoided killing anyone.

I keep about 10 years worth of Costco receipts. They make for good reading and memories when this board gets boring. The board never does; that would be an insult to the moderators who keep things hopping with their arguments.

MarAzul, riverman, MARIS61 and 2 others like this.
  4. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

I think your Magnum Opus would be a time line correlating important dates in Blazers history with said Costco receipts.

June 23, 2011 Drafted Nolan Smith, Got a 24 pack Hawaiian Punch and small-size utility trailer for $229.15
    January 6, 2013 Assigned Nolan Smith to Idaho Stempede in the G-league, returned 24 pack Hawaiian Punch and got a 5lb Cheese block, $2.94 after refund

That kind of thing.

5. jlprk

retired, while you work!
    Great idea! Let's see. On March 11, 2013 I bought 4 giant bags of Doritos and a bag of couscous on sale in the coupon book, and never bought it again. To check the 2011 receipts I'd have to walk into my back room. Something back there might eat me. I don't go in there.

Man, some of these receipts have half the printing washed out...can't read them, the ink didn't last. Maybe that correlates to players not lasting.

6. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Thanks... for giving us your turkeys and letting us take your land.
    Thanks for giving?

thanks for letting us take.

I consider it a family feast day. Nothing more really....

Chris Craig likes this.
  7. riverman

riverman Writing Team

My grandmother is Lakota....thanks for asking ...sarcasm....part of our American heritage....and yes...I think the genocide of the natives was a crime against humanity..part of our history....like slavery is part of our history....you want that back to avoid disdain ABM? The world changes but we get to remember things anyway...I think gentrification is what it is...and is not the salvation some think it is

Chris Craig likes this.
  8. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
  9. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate

Back in the day, land was being appropriated (battled for) left and right all over the world. Who's to know which was done correctly and which was not.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_and_Indian_War

MarAzul likes this.
  10. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I'm a bit of a history buff......read B Traven's march to the Monteria trilogy if you're interested in studying the treatment of locals by the Scotts in the logwood trade...The Scotts were the most feared slavers amongst indigenous people. the French integrated with Native American culture more than most Europeans...learned their languages, intermarried, etc....Native American Chiefs were invited to Paris as dignitaries...in England they were PT Barnum freak shows on display....every culture has horrible people but before the Euro invasion, our land was filled with Bison for all and not chewed up for greed or religious conversion. Guns germs and steel.....another good read. I also grew up across the river from the Macy Indian Reservation and as a child they were not allowed to participate in state sports competitions or buy alcohol or go to a local bar.....that has changed. I know a bit about the culture even though my grandmother married an Irishman and considered herself an American patriot...people adapt often just to survive...many who did raised their offspring in the culture we grew up around and integrated. Genocide and relocation left them with a long hard path to get to where they are today. Times change....James Michener's Hawaii epic novel is another good read to prove my point...disease came with the conquering of the continent and in Hawaiian people's case..it nearly wiped them all out. In the plains Buffalo Bill and his crew were paid to kill off the food chain and uselessly slaughtered the majority of Bison herds leaving the meat to rot and only eating the tongue, live and heart of the beast.....yeah....I have issues with these historical facts but like many, was raised in post WWII optimism about how great we are supposed to be.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    Chris Craig likes this.
  11. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    BTW, I always enjoyed watching Justin...

riverman likes this.
  12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

New Orleans has one of the most complicated mixes of people in the country....I've mentioned this but Kenny Smith once paid for a DNA test for Charles Barkley and Snoop Dog....the results were that Charles was both whiter and blacker than Snoop....Snoop was overwhelmingly mostly Native american

14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

hoarders.png

Chris Craig likes this.
  16. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    I too ride the motorized wheel chairs at Costco but sometimes they're all tied up so my wife has to push me around in a regular wheelchair. So, how do I avoid errors when traveling in the motorized chair? My close calls are like extremely close calls. I shouldn't be allowed to drive one. I was riding in one a couple weeks ago when buying a freezer at Home Depot and bumped into a ton of appliances. Geez, they place those things so close together that it can be a nightmare getting through tight spots and especially when trying to turn in tight spots.
    The VA is getting me my own motorized one but I need to buy a car that can handle the lift that carries the wheelchair and the wheelchair to go with it. Looks like delivery date of the car will be three to four months out.

Chris Craig and riverman like this.
  17. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Reading this thread like:

[​IMG]

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

mags rockin' the Portland hipster neck beard!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  19. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    I always appreciate the newest "war on" movement. War on Christmas (that never was), War on Thanksgiving (that no one else had ever heard of before the Orange Tangerine mentioned it)...whats next? The War on President Trump!?

Fez Hammersticks and riverman like this.
  20. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Man, there are some sad tales there. I suppose your Navy days were a bitch too.