Message to Sportstwo Administrators, Moderators, and Members

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by junot111, Jul 28, 2007.

1. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticFan)</div><div class='quotemain'>

wait... so S2 bought another site out too?</p>

this place just started 8 weeks ago I read...</p></div>Yes, S2 merged in a football site a couple of weeks ago and yes the site is 8 weeks old.

2. redneck

redneck BBW Elite Member

I think the reason a lot of us from BBW dont like the move is we were in a comfort zone, and this move came as one hell of a shoke to everyone of us. also, the stylings of the board leave a lot to be desired, its like going back to 1998. BBW also had its own culture, we had certain cliches which formed and most of us had a part or reputation on there. I guess you could compare BBW to a sovergn nations,which suddenly and violently got invaded. </p>

I myself dont like this board because of the look, I was surfing the net back when all message forums looked like this. it was a pain in the ass then, and it's still a pain in the ass. I have been lurking, but without the BBW core this forum just doesn't offer me anything, its slower, has a lot of unnessicary features and is just goddy.</p>

3. ZAE

ZAE Active Member

Student

wait... so S2 bought another site out too?</p>

this place just started 8 weeks ago I read...</p>

did you get moved over without being told or did you choose to move over?</p>

</p>

inquiry minds want to know.</p>

I think the biggest thing besides some ppl's sense of betrayal is how Fugly this site is compaired to bbworld. It had a nice and easy to navigate site.</p>

you gotta do some looking around on here.</p>

</p></div>Yes only started a few weeks ago. If you give the site a try you'll notice it is much easer then you think. The admins, CMs and mods here have been part of a very large basketball community with over 26,000 members and we are very dedicated to making this site the next best thing.

4. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JRICH23)</div><div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think it is pretty obvious a lot of the members from bbw came here and saw they couldnt hang with some of the posters here like cpfan, and kid chocolate, and now they are leaving so they dont embarass themselves. I dont blame them for leaving. they would be shamed. Obviously the manly thing to do would be to stay and try and reach the level of knowledge here, but thats not going to happen for all of them. You can tell the ones who were good posters on the board, just by them giving this forum a real chance, and i think they will be a great addition. I am glad the ones who just sit around whining and making demands are leaving. They would just be crushed in any debate that came up anyway. I would rather just keep the insightful fans. This is going to work out great.</div></p>

I wouldnt exactly call you knowledgeable seeing that you cant even post an image in your signature space.</p></div>I know how to post an image. I am from another site. I made a bet that i would put in my signature whatever the other person wanted. I am not allowed to change what is there without his directive. I dont control my signature. I honor the bet even though the site has been switched.

5. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

interesting...</p>

beef how old are you? (approx if you don't wanna say)</p>

see thing is a lot of bbworld members are 13-16 and well they're acting like that to this change.</p>

there are a lot of knowledgeable and fanatically young ball fans from the site, but there's also a fair share of dumbasses too.</p>

I'm on the fence about the change. I'll give it a chance, I visit about 6-8 sites regularly to chate basketball, I'll see what this one offers.</p>

for the record Premier, I don't give a crap about the $$ in one sense, but i do have a financial background so $$ do always interest me in another sense. Ijust thought there must be A reason bbworld folded so quick without a word.</p>

it just seems odd to have 2 communities join this oh so new one.</p>

like I said, I'll stick around and see what's what .</p>

</p>

</p>

6. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think it is pretty obvious a lot of the members from bbw came here and saw they couldnt hang with some of the posters here like cpfan, and kid chocolate, and now they are leaving so they dont embarass themselves. I dont blame them for leaving. they would be shamed. Obviously the manly thing to do would be to stay and try and reach the level of knowledge here, but thats not going to happen for all of them. You can tell the ones who were good posters on the board, just by them giving this forum a real chance, and i think they will be a great addition. I am glad the ones who just sit around whining and making demands are leaving. They would just be crushed in any debate that came up anyway. I would rather just keep the insightful fans. This is going to work out great.</div>let me guess... you're the bad cop?</p>

</p>

reverse psychology?</p>

</p>

forgot to look up understanding and empathy in the dictionary.</p>

</p>

image that you (a member since 2003 is says) hop on your computer on day, go into favorites and rather than arriving at sportstwo, you're at a new site and there's a big message in the middle of the screen saying SPORTSTWO.COM MEMBERS CLICK HERE.</p>

no prior knowledge of the change, no idea why, and the new site is so different it's a pain in the butt to figure out.</p>

you'd shrug your shoulders and not give a damn?</p>

if so you'd be in the minority...</p>

</p></div>No need for empathy. I would rather see youall leave than continue to read whiny posts about how tough it is to go log onto the internet and have to see a slightly different arrangement of forum structure. I only wish someone had negotiated kleenex into the agreement, so that you would have something to wipe up your tears. Tbere is no crying basketball . . .and yet, , , ,now there is.

7. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Bball is not the first site to have this happen too. I liked NFL Forums layout much better than this and I thought about leaving but I gave it a chance and the place doesn't seem to much different. I see what you guys are saying. I don't like everything about the site. Mostly the layout but if you can tolerate that then you'll relize that some nice discussions happen here.

8. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Im 30 years old, Im married and I have 3 children, so based on the ages you mentioned, im on the back 9 of life(its amazing that 40 is the new 20 unless your 16, then 40 is just as old as it always was, maybe older....I appreaciate that your willing to give it a shot, thats all we ask....that and to tell us how we can make you feel more comfortable(short of abandoning all thats been done)....

9. Celtic Fan

I got a few years on ya then.</p>

got #1 on the way.</p>

for me it comes down to the conversation. If it's boring, I visit less often.</p>

</p>

</p>

10. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

interesting...</p>

beef how old are you? (approx if you don't wanna say)</p>

see thing is a lot of bbworld members are 13-16 and well they're acting like that to this change.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

Now it's begining to make sense. I believe the majority of posters on this site are either late teens or 20's, 30's or are so old they made them admins.</p>

I hope everyone can work together. </p>

11. Celtic Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticFan)</div><div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think it is pretty obvious a lot of the members from bbw came here and saw they couldnt hang with some of the posters here like cpfan, and kid chocolate, and now they are leaving so they dont embarass themselves. I dont blame them for leaving. they would be shamed. Obviously the manly thing to do would be to stay and try and reach the level of knowledge here, but thats not going to happen for all of them. You can tell the ones who were good posters on the board, just by them giving this forum a real chance, and i think they will be a great addition. I am glad the ones who just sit around whining and making demands are leaving. They would just be crushed in any debate that came up anyway. I would rather just keep the insightful fans. This is going to work out great.</div>let me guess... you're the bad cop?</p>

</p>

reverse psychology?</p>

</p>

</p>

image that you (a member since 2003 is says) hop on your computer on day, go into favorites and rather than arriving at sportstwo, you're at a new site and there's a big message in the middle of the screen saying SPORTSTWO.COM MEMBERS CLICK HERE.</p>

no prior knowledge of the change, no idea why, and the new site is so different it's a pain in the butt to figure out.</p>

</p>

</div>No need for empathy. I would rather see youall leave than continue to read whiny posts about how tough it is to go log onto the internet and have to see a slightly different arrangement of forum structure. I only wish someone had negotiated kleenex into the agreement, so that you would have something to wipe up your tears. Tbere is no crying basketball . . .and yet, , , ,now there is.</div></p>

First off (edited), I have yet to see any posts about basketball from any S2 members yet. Everything has been about the change.</p>

If you go through all the threads, well gee, they're all former bbw threads.</p>

secondly, this site is a step down in layout, quality and ease of use, so you can tone down the smugness, ppl are pissed at being thrown back into this dail-up days era site.</p>

thirdly I haven't griped about the change (aside from the previous line), I've only been asking for some understanding for the po'ed members of bbworld.</p>

but hey, way to come off as a total douchebag.</p>

u can go back to the football forums now bearsfan.. hope you enjoyed the superbowl.</p>

12. Bearsfan1

[quote name='CelticFan'][quote name='BearsFan1'][quote name='CelticFan']

[quote name='BearsFan1']I think it is pretty obvious a lot of the members from bbw came here and saw they couldnt hang with some of the posters here like cpfan, and kid chocolate, and now they are leaving so they dont embarass themselves. I dont blame them for leaving. they would be shamed. Obviously the manly thing to do would be to stay and try and reach the level of knowledge here, but thats not going to happen for all of them. You can tell the ones who were good posters on the board, just by them giving this forum a real chance, and i think they will be a great addition. I am glad the ones who just sit around whining and making demands are leaving. They would just be crushed in any debate that came up anyway. I would rather just keep the insightful fans. This is going to work out great.[/QUOTE]let me guess... you're the bad cop?</p>

</p>

reverse psychology?</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

[/QUOTE]No need for empathy. I would rather see youall leave than continue to read whiny posts about how tough it is to go log onto the internet and have to see a slightly different arrangement of forum structure. I only wish someone had negotiated kleenex into the agreement, so that you would have something to wipe up your tears. Tbere is no crying basketball . . .and yet, , , ,now there is.[/QUOTE]</p>

First off (edited), I have yet to see any posts about basketball from any S2 members yet. Everything has been about the change.</p>

If you go through all the threads, well gee, they're all former bbw threads.</p>

secondly, this site is a step down in layout, quality and ease of use, so you can tone down the smugness, ppl are pissed at being thrown back into this dail-up days era site.</p>

thirdly I haven't griped about the change (aside from the previous line), I've only been asking for some understanding for the po'ed members of bbworld.</p>

but hey, way to come off as a total douchebag.</p>

u can go back to the football forums now bearsfan.. hope you enjoyed the superbowl.</p>

[/QUOTE]</p>

No need for insults. I didnt say you griped about the change. All i said is that i dont want to read about it. You said i should show empathy. I disagree. Perhaps it isnt as easy to use as old forum. I wont ever know. However, griping doesnt fix anything. Simply posting what you would like to see would. havent seen that so much. You seem like a good poster. Obviously you know a lot about the history of league by your signature (although, i think your lists skews offensive players over defensive players) I am sure i will say many things that you wont agree with. I will say others you will agree with, but i hope we can keep from insulting each other personally when stating ourviews</p>

13. Celtic Fan

works for me.</p>

forget about it then.</p>

If you go to the old school folder, you'll see I drafted those players in a 10 team draft.</p>

we're currently havingforum membersvote on the matchups.</p>

and yeah, I'd rather see players put the ball in the hole than watch the 1990'sKnicks style of play.</p>

</p>

</p>

14. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

works for me.</p>

forget about it then.</p>

If you go to the old school folder, you'll see I drafted those players in a 10 team draft.</p>

we're currently havingforum membersvote on the matchups.</p>

and yeah, I'd rather see players put the ball in the hole than watch the 1990'sKnicks style of play.</p>

</p>

</p>

</div></p>

</p>

im with you on that with the exception of Van Gundy riding around on Zo's ankles during that brawl....Ill never get enough of that</p>

15. Premier

Premier Member

CelticFan, let me assure you that the quality of discussion is our biggest concern here at SportsTwo. At the risk of becoming another feeding ground for the immature fan [see: RealGM], we are carefully building up our forums in a manner that encourages intelligent and respectful discussion. Personally, I hope to develop the NBA's Atlantic Division, specifically, into a large, but highly intellectual community of forums that will consist of posters that will interact with each other and other posters throughout the site. I mean, the original group of posters, before the two acquistions, were guys that had a history of basketball knowledge and site leadership at previous messageboards. Moderators, I'm sure you know, are usually capable of intellectually, as well as literally, leading a discussion. I hope you stick around to see how knowledgable some of our posters are. I'm sure that if you decide to stick around based on content, you will grow to love it here.

16. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

You will get addicted to it.....just like beef got addicted to betahol. lol

17. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'>You will get addicted to it.....just like beef got addicted to betahol. lol </div></p>

</p>

damn right....some might say I have a problem....in fact my wife did, as I searched the satelite for canadian football, a league Ive never shown an interest in before, all because I had a prop bet with 3k riding on it....Ill tell you what I told her....if I do have a problem, Im only 12 steps away from beating it</p>

18. Celtic Fan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

im with you on that with the exception of Van Gundy riding around on Zo's ankles during that brawl....Ill never get enough of that</div></p>

LOL that needs to be made into an avatar.</p>

I'd also kill to have one of todd day throwing a punch at Larry Johnson while taking a step back in 91 when #1 UNLV played #2Arkansas. I had that game on tape for 14 years..</p>

</p>

gahh I can't wait for the kinks to be fixed, this is like dial up access. Typing a post is muddled. (I understand it may take a few though)</p>

</p>

I'll give the site a chance for sure.</p>

RealGM is just TOO busy for me. It's impossible to keep up with any topic. anything of interest in the celtic's section hits 10 pages in less than a day.</p>

I seldomly go there.</p>

</p>

19. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'>You will get addicted to it.....just like beef got addicted to betahol. lol </div></p>

</p>

damn right....some might say I have a problem....in fact my wife did, as I searched the satelite for canadian football, a league Ive never shown an interest in before, all because I had a prop bet with 3k riding on it....Ill tell you what I told her....if I do have a problem, Im only 12 steps away from beating it</p>

</div></p>

haha I love the sportsbook. Wonder if we can have it for soccer as well. (the leagues (in europe) start pretty soon, like in 2 weeks)</p>

20. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>Im 30 years old, Im married and I have 3 children, so based on the ages you mentioned, im on the back 9 of life(its amazing that 40 is the new 20 unless your 16, then 40 is just as old as it always was, maybe older....I appreaciate that your willing to give it a shot, thats all we ask....that and to tell us how we can make you feel more comfortable(short of abandoning all thats been done)....</div></p>

Let's knock off all the talk about how old 40 is. Isn't it bad enough that your signature keeps taunting me about how old I've become. 41! 41! 41! 41! Thanks alot, Beef! </p>