Messi or Rooney?

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by dycdan, Nov 1, 2006.

1. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

Which player would you rather have in your team and why? 8)

<font size="5">Messi or Rooney?</font>

2. fatfrank

fatfrank DYC 1st team Reserves

Messi any day. And whoever said Messi goes down too easily has clearly forgotten Rooney's dive against Arsenal two years back. See how many times Messi gets kicked up in the air but he fights back because he's tough. Even yesterday Terry won the ball off him but he ran back and won it back from JT. He is always a major threat regardless of who he's playing against or the occasion, unlike Rooney yet.

Skill - Messi
    Strength - Rooney
    Speed - Messi
    Temperament - Messi
    Big match factor - Messi

3. dycdan

Very diffrent players but for me Rooney just edges it.

If i seen Messi week in week out like i do Rooney, maybe i would say diffrent.

But for me its Rooney for now.

4. b0o

b0o DYC Squad Backup player

There are way to many players with the same abilitys as Messi.. Robben, Ronaldo, Robinho etc. IMO Messi is overhyped and anyone playing for Barcalona these days is, even Ronaldinho.

If i were in charge of Barcalona i'd rather have Rooney because his got stuff which nobody in there team has. Messi is the kind of player who comes along ever 2-3 years - a young kid, big hype and bigger let down.

5. sdrawrof

sdrawrof DYC Amateur

Messi...cuz hes better.

6. SoilBorn

SoilBorn DYC Mr. Rock 'n' Roll

I'd take Rooney. His intangibles (leadership, intensity etc) are more of a benefit. An in-form Rooney is absolutely unstoppable.

Messi, for me, is a great talent but doesn't have the same mental or intangible attributes Rooney does. Plus, I'd say they were very different players.

Messi is a tricky winger more in the vein of Robben, C. Ronaldo. That's near-enough all.
    Rooney is an athletic power player who uses his physical strength to accentuate his existing skill and touch.

I'd also say Rooney has more potential to get even better. Messi, for me, has reached his ceiling.

Also, Rooney is more versatile. His body-type suits being a strong winger who can physically bully full/wing-backs, or the same strong player in a more central midfield role and dropping back. Messi is just attack. Rooney will drop back and harrass players and pick the ball up from deep.

7. dycdan

<div class="quote_poster">sdrawrof Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Messi...cuz hes better.</div>Why do you think his better? apart from playing for the better team of course. [​IMG]

8. sdrawrof

sdrawrof DYC Amateur

<div class="quote_poster">dan Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Why do you think his better? apart from playing for the better team of course. [​IMG]</div>
    your not making a stab at me becuase of where im from are you...if you even know that...
    8)

anyway...I have my reasons for disliking Rooney, not just on, but off the field, well...its all becuase fo what he does on the field, but off the field in a metophorical sense. I just like Messi more, think he has mor potential, think hes smarter, thnik hes a nice guy, and, Im very sorry to all your English footy fans on here, but I have to say it. He plays a bigger role on a better national team. [​IMG]

9. reven

reven DYC Squad Backup player

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> Skill - Messi
    Strength - Rooney
    Speed - Messi
    Temperament - Messi
    Big match factor - Messi</div>Thats why i'll go with Messi aswell.

10. MrPink

MrPink DYC Gunner

As Rooney wouldn't fit for Arsenal, I'd take Messi. I think Messi has a brighter future and overall he has got more skills. And I hate Rooney.