Mets go for 2-0 series lead

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by NYR31, Oct 18, 2015.

1. NYR31

NYR31 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Tough matchup against Arrieta, probably will be 1-1 going into Chicago but good to see a NY team do well and be as promising as the Mets are.

2. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I just mentioned on the Yankee board that this is looking like the Mets WS to lose. Their starting pitching is ridiculous, the offense is doing well and Murphy is a one man wrecking crew right now.

3. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Man these starters are fun to watch. And it's not just how good they are, but the fact that there's four of them. Huge luxury for the mets to pitch degrom in a game 5, and be able to rest him until nlcs game 3 without their staff missing a beat.

SaveLundy likes this.
  4. NYR31

The Cubs are a very good team (97 wins in the toughest division in baseball, by far) but if they go down 0-2 it's very tough for them with deGrom going Gm 3.

I expect the NL winner to win the WS. I just don't see either KC or TOR being able to handle either Cubs or Mets.

5. NYR31

Yeah. Next year's rotation will be deGrom, Harvey, Syndergaard, Matz and Wheeler. That's an amazing young staff. If they are smart with adding some offense they will be contenders for years to come. Cespedes has "buyer beware" written all over him as he's played way over his career averages when he joined the Mets, but they can't let him go and not add another strong bat.

6. Messiah717

Cespedes is a tough situation. He's going to want 6-7 years at $25-$30 million a year. I don't know if the Mets would want to do that knowing they are going to have to pay their pitchers big money at some point. For what Cespedes is going to want it might be smarter to try and add two really good bats instead of putting all your eggs in one basket.

7. NYR31

I don't think he'll get $25+, but i can def see him getting $15-20M/per. I think i let him go. With the mets he slugged 100pts higher than his next best year so everyone is in love with him but he's likely going to go back to a 18-22hr .800ops player, which is good, but nowhere near $20M good. Watching him this playoffs has been frustrating b/c he's always come to the plate just hacking going for the 500ft hr when in some at bats he should have tried to at least move the runner over to 3rd by hitting the ball to the right side. Instead it'd be some weak fly out because he swung for the parking lot and missed it.

8. Messiah717

Bautista mentality in Toronto is what that is.

9. NYR31

This AB by Grandy is frustrating. As a leadoff hitter and speedy guy, he should be taking the free base by bunting it towards 3B past the pitcher. Why isn't he taking advantage of that?

10. Messiah717

Not enough guys do it overall. It's amazing to me when they're handing you a hit. Clowns in this league would rather keep hitting into the shift.

11. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    not as easy as it may seem to drop down a bunt with precision, especially if being pitched on the inner half of the plate