Mewtwo (pokemon)

Discussion in 'Graphics Showcase' started by wolverine30, Jun 17, 2007.

1. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jun 17 2007, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>When Pokemon first came out there was no Mew, I remember Mew was apart of a gameshark code glitch in red and blue but thats it.</div>Dude, but he was an original. I remember the first movie they made Mewtwo from Mew's genetics or something like that.

2. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Jun 17 2007, 11:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That's a pretty strange qualifier for original, considering a lot of the original 151 weren't in the first set. :dunno:</div>The first cards that came out had all the originals. I forgot what they were called but you bought packs for I think 3.00$ and it came with one rare and sometimes shiny cards n sh*t. There was never a mew card in those as far as I know, and I was well informed on those cards back in the day seeing as I sold them at school just about every day in late elementary school. The original 150 they had cards for from the start though. im trying to think back but I think one had the blue guy on it and the other had charizard.

3. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jun 17 2007, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The first cards that came out had all the originals. I forgot what they were called but you bought packs for I think 3.00$ and it came with one rare and sometimes shiny cards n sh*t. There was never a mew card in those as far as I know, and I was well informed on those cards back in the day seeing as I sold them at school just about every day in late elementary school. The original 150 they had cards for from the start though. im trying to think back but I think one had the blue guy on it and the other had charizard.</div>Ugh, no. After looking it up, the first set only had 102 cards (that's including trainers and energies). It had 69 of the 151 original pokemon. It took something like 3 sets to get the all the original pokemon from red and blue into the card game.

4. primetime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Jun 18 2007, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ugh, no. After looking it up, the first set only had 102 cards (that's including trainers and energies). It had 69 of the 151 original pokemon. It took something like 3 sets to get the all the original pokemon from red and blue into the card game.</div>Damn you know your sh*t. But I know by 1998 they had cards for all 150 pokemon because I remember once hearing back then of a kid who collected all 150. I just remembered something really funny about those cards. I remember putting a fake first edition on a few of my cards and sold sh*tty cards like abra for 15$. damn those were the days.I collected the cards for years but never once did I actually try to play the game. :doh:

5. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jun 17 2007, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Damn you know your sh*t. But I know by 1998 they had cards for all 150 pokemon because I remember once hearing back then of a kid who collected all 150. I just remembered something really funny about those cards. I remember putting a fake first edition on a few of my cards and sold sh*tty cards like abra for 15$. damn those were the days.I collected the cards for years but never once did I actually try to play the game. :doh:</div>All I remembered was that the first set didn't have all the old pokemon. The rest I had to look up.Yeah, I had a 1st edition Venusaur and a bunch of other sh*t... still have a lot of them sitting in my room back in Dallas, along with baseball cards, basketball cards, pogs, etc. [​IMG] I played the game a lot, but usually it was against younger kids, and a lot of them had an attitude like they were all superior if they beat me.

6. KCX

KCX BBW VIP

LOL at primetime, justice and 7goat.. that made my laugh my ass offhall of fame thread.

7. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KCX @ Jun 18 2007, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LOL at primetime, justice and 7goat.. that made my laugh my ass offhall of fame thread.</div>Pok?mons are SERIOUS BUSINESS!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. primetime

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KCX @ Jun 18 2007, 01:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LOL at primetime, justice and 7goat.. that made my laugh my ass offhall of fame thread.</div>Im just old enough that when I was in elementary school pokemon was in its prime. So I grew up with pokemon, looking back on it you wouldnt think a guy like me would have played that sh*t but if you were 6-12 in the late 90s it didnt matter who you were you loved f*cking pokemon. Looking back on it, it was really fun at the time but nowadays I couldnt get into that kind of sh*t.

9. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (7Goat @ Jun 17 2007, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>150 u nubif u rememberd the pokerap ud noe dat</div>Oh yeah...but cmon it has been a while... [​IMG]

10. AiRuPtHeRe

AiRuPtHeRe BBW Elite Member

Mew was like the good version of Mewtwo, he was just more weaker. Mew is one of the orignals though.

11. TigerTaylor

TigerTaylor BBW Elite Member

Ah Pokemon....I remember opening the card packets and being so ticked off because like 9 of the 11 were energy cards.

12. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GrizzFanTaylor @ Jun 18 2007, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ah Pokemon....I remember opening the card packets and being so ticked off because like 9 of the 11 were energy cards.</div>hahaha, what? I don't even think that's possible!

13. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Lol, some of my friends still play pokemon. They were playing it on the entire busride for my school trip...I don't know where my gameboy is, otherwise I would probably try it out again. I bet I'd get bored of it very quickly though...First time I got the game was when I was 7 or so, back in 1999 or 2000....The first week I had the game I didn't know how to leave my house..[​IMG]

14. BuLLzDoMaIn

BuLLzDoMaIn BBW Elite Member

LMAO mannn I use to feen pokemon...those were the days....and mew was a glitch... so its 151

15. Strike3

Strike3 BBW Elite Member

I remember those pokemon days...Good Times...

16. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BuLLzDoMaIn @ Jun 18 2007, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LMAO mannn I use to feen pokemon...those were the days....and mew was a glitch... so its 151</div>My mind is blown that you people seriously think that a PROGRAMMED SPRITE is a glitch. But yes, even I said Mew was 151, no sh*t.

17. AiRuPtHeRe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Jun 18 2007, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Lol, some of my friends still play pokemon. They were playing it on the entire busride for my school trip...I don't know where my gameboy is, otherwise I would probably try it out again. I bet I'd get bored of it very quickly though...First time I got the game was when I was 7 or so, back in 1999 or 2000....The first week I had the game I didn't know how to leave my house..[​IMG]</div>Probably not. When you start playing Pokemon, it gets addicting.

18. l?ckdown

l?ckdown BBW Member

I remember the glitch in red and blue to duplicate the item that makes your pokemon go up a level buy giving it to themI always thought the same as Justice, that it was only with the special events, but I just searched it and:"In Pok?mon Red, Blue, and Yellow, the Mew glitch is a programming oversight that allows players to capture Mew, a Pok?mon that at the time was only obtainable through official Nintendo promotions or cheat devices.By carefully timing the use of the "Teleport" or "Fly" Pok?mon abilities, players could "trick" the game into beginning a trainer battle even though a trainer was not present at the time. The original games only allocated a single memory region for battle data, and therefore the player could overwrite the original trainer's battle data with that of other trainers or wild Pok?mon. By choosing opponents with a specific "Special" stat, the player could fill the battle data memory region with the data of his or her choice. The "Special" stat was represented by the game's hexadecimal code. Returning to the area where the player first flew or teleported away would cause the game to trigger a wild Pok?mon encounter and misread the data as genuine battle data, resulting in various glitches, or an actual Pok?mon, as an opponent.Additionally, instead of encouterning a trainer, a player could use a variation of the glitch by allowing a wild Ditto to transform into one of the players Pokemon, and then defeat the Ditto. The "Special" stat of the Pokemon the player sent out determines what Pokemon, based on hexadecimal code, will appear during the region the player "escaped" from."MehMewtwo+Master ball>Mew

19. AiRuPtHeRe

^^ Ah I remember that glitch. All you needed to do was put the certain item like 5th and you went to Cinabar Island and swam right near the land and you would find Mewtwo I believe, then you get like unlimited stuff. I did that a bunch with rare candies + mater balls lol

20. l?ckdown

l?ckdown BBW Member

I never found mewtwo, I would get that glitch thing that F*cked up your game.