Miami Heat @ LA Lakers Christmas Game Thread!

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by jbbReal Deal, Dec 4, 2004.

1. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

I didn't see a foul, but nevertheless, the officials won't call that at the end of games anyways... ..That's just a part of the game really ...

2. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting WadeDynasty:</div><div class="quote_post">Hmm....seems to me like a reason the Lakers fans will use to claim that they didn't lose this game. It was a great game and I give props to the Lakers for fighting till the very end so get over it please.</div>
    That's not my reason why we lost. We shouldn't have let it go into OT anyways. There were questionable calls, but that makes no difference once the game goes into OT. If the final shot was a foul, it wasn't hard enough anyways...and the refs won't make the call.

3. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Did the defense fail or did the Heat just pick it up offensively :P

Jumaine Jones no defense? Really? Jumaine Jones was guarding Wade, the difference in quickness between them is massive, it was a smart move IMO, because Wade drew 2 quick fouls on Kobe early on. Jumaine Jones has always been known for his defense and is a good defender, the matchup was just not in his favour.

Shandon Anderson for a guy who is not really supposed to be invlolved in the offense took a fair amount of shots lol. He's supposed to be a good defender depending on who he's playing, but common, what's Shandon supposed to do to Kobe? I guess he's a better option than Rasual though.

I don't think Odom's defense was bad, what did he do bad defensively, their were some late rotations from a lot of players on the Lakers, but their's no place I can pin point Odom playing bad defensively. Haslem was backing off him a fair bit for a guy who has 3 point range, yea Odom isn't a good three point shooter, but you can't just give it to him.

Laettner did what he always does today, play good <u>smart</u> defense, get layups, play hard, and I think he hit one of his little mid-range jumpers. That's him and Doleac's game, the 17-20 ft jumper</div>
    Well, both. The Heat and Wade were quicker once Shaq fouled out, which I just ate that up by the way...but then I was worried just as he sat down...because I thought about it and realized that the Heat are going to want to run now. Our defense wasn't going to stop it.

Odom did play bad defense. He wasn't defending the hoop well when Wade busted Jumaine's kneecaps...and Odom also had to resort to fouling too much. I don't wanna mention all of them, but the fouls on Laettner and Wade...those were just plain stupid.

Plus, when the overtime period began, Kobe should've been on Wade. Maybe even before that...maybe with 3 left in the fourth...but you can't do much about it now.

----------------------

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">With Shaquille O'Neal watching from the bench after fouling out late in the fourth quarter, Dwyane Wade and Eddie Jones scored four points each in overtime and the Heat beat the Lakers 104-102 to extend their winning streak to 11 games, equaling a franchise record. </div>
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Corvette won, but the Lakers lost. </div>
    http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3275180

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Their were many questionable calls, but they were going both ways..I will not put that on the reason for defeat.

The reason we lost is because we couldn't stop Wade in OT. All we needed was one stop, and we couldn't get that.

But if you think about it, there was NO reason this game should of been in OT. Our defense was horrid down the stretch, that cost us the game. I hope we can solve that.

Lamar had a great game offensively, I would love to see games like that from him more often.

5. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">With Shaquille O'Neal watching from the bench after fouling out late in the fourth quarter, Dwyane Wade and Eddie Jones scored four points each in overtime and the Heat beat the Lakers 104-102 to extend their winning streak to 11 games, equaling a franchise record. </div>
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Corvette won, but the Lakers lost. </div>
    http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3275180

6. 50

50 JBB JustBBall Member

The reason y'all lost was because Kobe kept shooting 3's. Especially the last shot. He know that he was going to be double teamed and JUMAINE JONES WAS WIDE OPEN RIGHT NEXT TO HIM!!

So they wrapped it up and did yall see how Kobe got the cold shoulder at the start of the game from Shaq. What is with that?

All I am saying is that the Heat won without Shaq in their with it being crunch time. That shows that they are a good team because they dont just rely on one person.

But I do hand it to Kobe he did his thing, but I thought he was trying to show-off and be the big man in the end. This game had me hanging from the couch!

7. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

that was one of the best games i've seen in a while, and i'm still shocked that eddie jones was hitting on his jump shots, he hasn't done that all year.

8. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

Congrats to the Heat and their fans on the win... can't wait for March 17.

9. 50

50 JBB JustBBall Member

As I was watching the game, whenever Shaq came out of the game the Heat started playing better for some reason. They were passing the ball around more and taking more shots. Especially in OT. I think that getting Shaq fouled out helped out the Heat bc all they would've been doing was passing into Shaq and trying to get him to score or get him to get a nice pass.
    In my opinion, that was a blessing in disguise.

10. ctp005

ctp005 JBB JustBBall Member

Excuses excuses...

Are you serious? Wade was fouled on his last shot before OT too, so there you go, it shouldnt have even gone to OT. Idiot Kobe thinking he all that [​IMG] 12/30 shooting, how phenomenal, especially in crunch time, he scored how many points after Shaq left? Like what, none or something I think? [​IMG] Shaq was playing better from the bench!!! Kobe is the most overrated player in history of the NBA, there is no way you can mention his name in the same sentence as Michael Jordan! MJ was an amazing shooter, he would go to the line, he had everything. And he actually had a high shooting pct. unlike mr. MJ jr. who cant manage to get his team higher than a 7th seed [​IMG]

AND the corvette didnt win either, hogging the ball doesnt mean outplaying SHAQ! [​IMG]

11. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

acap

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sonics1:</div><div class="quote_post">As I was watching the game, whenever Shaq came out of the game the Heat started playing better for some reason. They were passing the ball around more and taking more shots. Especially in OT. I think that getting Shaq fouled out helped out the Heat bc all they would've been doing was passing into Shaq and trying to get him to score or get him to get a nice pass.
    In my opinion, that was a blessing in disguise.</div>
    agreed. tremendously.

Shaq was ailing with his calf problems. though he did play his heart out in an up tempo game enviorment that shq is definately not comfortable with.

just my opinions.

12. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ctp005:</div><div class="quote_post">Are you serious? Wade was fouled on his last shot before OT too, so there you go, it shouldnt have even gone to OT. Idiot Kobe thinking he all that [​IMG] 12/30 shooting, how phenomenal, especially in crunch time, he scored how many points after Shaq left? Like what, none or something I think? [​IMG] Shaq was playing better from the bench!!! Kobe is the most overrated player in history of the NBA, there is no way you can mention his name in the same sentence as Michael Jordan! MJ was an amazing shooter, he would go to the line, he had everything. And he actually had a high shooting pct. unlike mr. MJ jr. who cant manage to get his team higher than a 7th seed [​IMG]

AND the corvette didnt win either, hogging the ball doesnt mean outplaying SHAQ! [​IMG]</div>
    Idiot Kobe? You judge him on his shooting, but Wade shot a worse percentage...I don't get it.

Everyone else, Heat fans, Lakers fans, etc...are avoiding confrontation and trying to keep the thread mature. I don't see the need to bash Kobe, really...he, and everyone else, just gave us an incredible game.

13. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

HAHA the Heat WON !!!!!
    O YEAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SO HAPPY

When that game went into overtime and Shaq was fouled out, I truly thought it was over. I'm not trying to hate on Kobe, but he was trying to show off in this game and every one knows it. Shaq played smart like a team player throughtout this game and in the End the Heat came up with a victory. Lol Kobe was practically the whole Lakers team in this game, besides Lamar Odom who played great offense and mediocre defense. Lamar Odom was tryying to prove something. Shaq played this game like nothing was different. He wasn't trying for 40+ points like Kobe. Dwyane Wade realy picked up the slack in Overtime.

THe Heat won their 11th consecutive victory and they beat the Lakers AT HOME. O YEAH!!!!!!!! Also There were many questionable calls in this game most of them in favor of the LAkers I might add. I'll just leave this at that.
    Great game too.

Lol there was one Laker fan in the audencience who has really spoke the truth and All LAker fans know it's true.

"All I want for Christmas is my Shaq back"
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ace2k2:</div><div class="quote_post">HAHA the Heat WON !!!!!

When that game went into overtime and Shaq was fouled out, I truly thought it was over. I'm not trying to hate on Kobe, but he was trying to show off in this game and every one knows it. Shaq played smart like a team player throughtout this game and in the End the Heat came up with a victory. Lol Kobe was practically the whole Lakers team in this game, besides Lamar Odom who played great offense and mediocre defense. Lamar Odom was tryying to prove something. Shaq played this game like nothing was different. He wasn't trying for 40+ points like Kobe. Dwyane Wade realy picked up the slack in Overtime.

THe Heat won their 11th consecutive victory and they beat the Lakers AT HOME. O YEAH!!!!!!!! Also There were many questionable calls in this game most of them in favor of the LAkers I might add. I'll just leave this at that.
    Great game too.

Lol there was one Laker fan in the audencience who has really spoke the truth and All LAker fans know it's true.

[​IMG] [​IMG]</div>
    Haha, I'd hate to say this...but if it wasn't for Shaq fouling out, which was great btw...the Heat would've been in trouble. The Heat are <u>amazing</u> without O'Neal...because they are fast and can shoot the ball. That's tough to beat. When the game was slow, we were taking it to the Heat...which wasn't supposed to happen in the first place.

Fact remains that the Heat should've blown us out, since we have guys saying we aren't good enough for the playoffs. If we're good enough to hang with the best team in the Eastern Conference (at the moment), then we are a pretty good team IMO.

15. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

HAHA the Heat WON !!!!!

Great game too.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">Haha, I'd hate to say this...but if it wasn't for Shaq fouling out, which was great btw...the Heat would've been in trouble. The Heat are <u>amazing</u> without O'Neal...because they are fast and can shoot the ball. That's tough to beat. When the game was slow, we were taking it to the Heat...which wasn't supposed to happen in the first place.

Fact remains that the Heat should've blown us out, since we have guys saying we aren't good enough for the playoffs. If we're good enough to hang with the best team in the Eastern Conference (at the moment), then we are a pretty good team IMO.</div>

Ya Even as one of the biggest Shaq fans on this board I must agree. When Shaq got fouled out the team was then placed on Wades shoulders, and Wade was creating shots and making shots, and creating a fast break style of play. I still say that usually the Heat are MUCh better with Shaq than without Shaq. Injuries were slowing him down I think.

Ya you guys played a great and competitive game and were missing Caron Butler a key player IMO. The LAkers played better than I thought actually. I think that the Heat can keep that 1st Seed in the East the whole season or by the end of the season #1 will be thiers. When Shaq fouled out though I don't think Kobe really wanted to prove something and he though he beat Shaq in thier litle "ShaqvsKobe" thing. Having Shaq in the game I think is what set him on fire.

Lol Did Kobe dunk on Shaq or even attempt? Sorry I missed like almost the entire first half of the game.

17. ctp005

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">Haha, I'd hate to say this...but if it wasn't for Shaq fouling out, which was great btw...the Heat would've been in trouble. The Heat are <u>amazing</u> without O'Neal...because they are fast and can shoot the ball. That's tough to beat. When the game was slow, we were taking it to the Heat...which wasn't supposed to happen in the first place.

Fact remains that the Heat should've blown us out, since we have guys saying we aren't good enough for the playoffs. If we're good enough to hang with the best team in the Eastern Conference (at the moment), then we are a pretty good team IMO.</div>

Yeah I guess youre right, when the lakers on their best day still lose, theyre a pretty good team [​IMG] Lakers had a good day today, they dont play nearly as good on a regular basis, so yeah lakers suck, so does Kobe. Oh sorry, are we not allowed to use the words idiot and suck around here? I dont get it, you were describing what i said as horrible and oh this and that, i used the word "idiot" not f.....or b....or you know, nothin like that. Fact of the matter is, whether you like it or not, kobe is overrated.

Yeah Dwyane Wade did shoot worse than Kobe, so? He was having a pretty bad day, well, he played well early and late, but everywhere else he did pretty bad. But lets check Kobe and Dwayne's stats on the year shall we?
    Dwyane Wade fg pct. .496
    Kobe Bryant fg pct. .393

Yeah thank you very much, Kobe can be 1st or 2nd or whatever in shooting but lets see what the 2 leaders in ppg are doing. One's team is 7th in the conference, the other's is what? 9th or something? And in the east on top of that! So yeah hogging the ball really gets you somewhere doesnt it? Kobe got what he wanted, hes the star now, but he cant win by taking all the shots, especially now that he doesnt have a decoy like shaq to draw the coverage and ease up life for him. Now i see youre a lakers fan, it might piss you off that i am bashing kobe but all i am doing really is laying the facts on the table

18. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ctp005:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah I guess youre right, when the lakers on their best day still lose, theyre a pretty good team [​IMG] Lakers had a good day today, they dont play nearly as good on a regular basis, so yeah lakers suck, so does Kobe. Oh sorry, are we not allowed to use the words idiot and suck around here? I dont get it, you were describing what i said as horrible and oh this and that, i used the word "idiot" not f.....or b....or you know, nothin like that. Fact of the matter is, whether you like it or not, kobe is overrated.

Yeah Dwyane Wade did shoot worse than Kobe, so? He was having a pretty bad day, well, he played well early and late, but everywhere else he did pretty bad. But lets check Kobe and Dwayne's stats on the year shall we?
    Dwyane Wade fg pct. .496
    Kobe Bryant fg pct. .393

Yeah thank you very much, Kobe can be 1st or 2nd or whatever in shooting but lets see what the 2 leaders in ppg are doing. One's team is 7th in the conference, the other's is what? 9th or something? And in the east on top of that! So yeah hogging the ball really gets you somewhere doesnt it? Kobe got what he wanted, hes the star now, but he cant win by taking all the shots, especially now that he doesnt have a decoy like shaq to draw the coverage and ease up life for him. Now i see youre a lakers fan, it might piss you off that i am bashing kobe but all i am doing really is laying the facts on the table</div>
    Haha, you might wanna debate this with someone else...

19. ctp005

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Real Deal:</div><div class="quote_post">Haha, you might wanna debate this with someone else...</div>
    Why, cause youre a mod? :suspicous

20. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ctp005:</div><div class="quote_post">Why, cause youre a mod? :suspicous</div>
    No, I'm not a mod. I'm a team leader...and that doesn't make me any different than anyone else on here, and that's not the reason.

The reason why you don't want to argue this point with me is because I've already been through this many times, and you are no different than those that I've already debated this issue(s) with. Unless you have all of your information gathered and you're ready to go 5-10 pages on the topic, then don't try and stir up a debate with me about Kobe Bryant.