Miami Heat @ LA Lakers Christmas Game Thread!

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by jbbReal Deal, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

It affected Wade's game the most obviously. You could tell he wasn't getting the elevation he needed to get his layups or dunks off. He missed a lot of shots that he could've easily made if he was 100%.

Kobe doesn't even look like he's injured. I really don't think he's injured, he doens't limp or anything.

2. jbbReal Deal

jbbReal Deal Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr.Wade:</div><div class="quote_post">It affected Wade's game the most obviously. You could tell he wasn't getting the elevation he needed to get his layups or dunks off. He missed a lot of shots that he could've easily made if he was 100%.

Kobe doesn't even look like he's injured. I really don't think he's injured, he doens't limp or anything.</div>
    Yeah, maybe Kobe's faking it. He just wears an electro-stimulator and gets treatments for plantar fasciitis...but it's just a joke I guess.

Dude, I'll admit that I was wrong in the prediction...but why is it so hard to admit that Wade CAN IN FACT shoot lower than 40%, like I stated?

3. jbbReal Deal

Haha...except the Magic never had a chance at the East playoffs last year...not even close in fact.

4. Mr.Wade

It's not hard to admit Wade can shoot under 40%... it's just a rare occasion. And today it occured, because he was slightly injured in a bad place for someone who plays like him... it's not an excuse...

5. jbbReal Deal

It's not rare...

This season...
    Mavericks 113, Heat 93 (<font color="Red">Wade 6-18 shooting...33%</font>)
    http://www.nba.com/games/20041111/DALMIA/boxscore.html

Blazers 99, Heat 87 (<font color="Red">Wade 5-13 shooting...38%</font>)
    http://www.nba.com/games/20041123/PORMIA/boxscore.html

Pistons 78, Heat 77 (<font color="Red">Wade 6-17 shooting...35%</font>)
    http://www.nba.com/games/20041126/MIADET/boxscore.html

Heat 106, Celtics 104 (<font color="Red">Wade 7-18 shooting...39%</font>)
    http://www.nba.com/games/20041128/BOSMIA/boxscore.html

Heat 101, Bucks 96 (<font color="Red">Wade 5-15 shooting...33%</font>)
    http://www.nba.com/games/20041208/MIAMIL/boxscore.html

Heat 106, Wizards 83 (<font color="Red">Wade 0-4 shooting...0%</font>)
    http://www.nba.com/games/20041213/WASMIA/boxscore.html

Heat 117, Magic 107 (<font color="Red">Wade 6-20 shooting...30%</font>)
    http://www.nba.com/games/20041219/ORLMIA/boxscore.html

6. Mr.Wade

That's 6 times, out of how many games? Around 29?... the 0% shouldn't count since he got injured at the start of the that game....

I'm just saying at least he doesn't AVERAGE under 40% shooting... instead of time to time shoot under 40%.

7. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr.Wade:</div><div class="quote_post">That's 6 times, out of how many games? Around 29?... the 0% shouldn't count since he got injured at the start of the that game....

I'm just saying at least he doesn't AVERAGE under 40% shooting... instead of time to time shoot under 40%.</div>
    That's still 6 times. It's alot, when you say this:
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr.Wade:</div><div class="quote_post">Plus Wade will not shoot under 50%... it's virtually impossible, and if he does it's like 10-21 like yesterday vs. Sacto, not 6 for 17.. that's complete bs. He hasn't shot that bad all year, not even against the leagues best defender Artest last year in the playoffs, I don't think just having Kobe on him will make him shoot 6 for 17... Artest is a better defender and couldn't even guard him.</div>
    Point is, Wade would even agree...that I was right all along. That's all I have to say. This isn't about how well he's shooting altogether...like I've said before, Wade is a pretty damn good player. However, when you say something like that...what do you expect me to do?

What I said was not BS...that's why I said it.

8. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

Hmm...Somebody find out how many time KOBE shot under 40%? Or I will when I get home. I just dont feel like it cuz he shot so many times under 40% and that means it's gonna consume a lot of my time searching for the records LMAO

9. WadeDynasty

Why are you even debating? That's ridiculous.
    LOOK!! THE HEAT BEAT LA LAKERS IN LA.
    Get over it.
    There's no point of saying stuff like "if he did this, we should have won" cuz that won't get your game back. I loved the game and think it was the best game i ever watched so let's leave it at that.

10. AA13

AA13 JBB JustBBall Member

That was a great game. I watched it at my cousins house and he was rooting for the Lakers and I was rooting for the Heat, so we had some difference of opinions.

But the pre-game greeting Shaq and Kobe exchanged was no big deal. If Kobe wanted to talk/apoligize to SHaq he''l do it after the game so none of the reporters would make a big deal out of it.

But this was a great game Shaq's oop was a great play. When Kobe shot the bank shot in the 3rd quarter I think, me and my cousin got into a fight if he planned that or if it was just luck.

After Shaq fouled out I though it was over but like Wade said to Shaq "Have no Fear the Flash is here".

And btw Shaq had 2 blocks on Kobe.

When you all debate over the Lakers should have won, because if anything th e debate should be the Heat should have won more. The last two fouls that were called on Shaq were very questionable. But kudos to Kobe and the Lakers for playing a good game and by keeping the game close so I could have a good Christmas present.

11. purpleb0n9

purpleb0n9 JBB JustBBall Member

I saw the highlights and Dwyane was crazy that spin n lean move was sick he was the only one moving at 120 mph the others are sort of jogging out there... good game by the heat and wade but we'll get you all next time on your floor hahaha

12. jbbReal Deal

WadeDynasty and AA13...nobody is debating the game. Kobe's shooting percentage has nothing to do with my discussion about Wade's, either.

The point was, someone said that it was virtually impossible for Wade to shoot under 50%. He has shot under 40% a total of 8 times...and the only reason I posted the stats was because someone mentioned it. Everyone knows Kobe isn't shooting well right now...but I'm not going around and stating false info about how it's impossible for him to shoot under 50%, either.

There's no debate about the game. I've stated this CLEARLY. The Heat won, we shouldn't have let it go into overtime in the first place. There's another game, so we'll do what we can in Miami. However, it IS in fact possible for Wade to shoot bad. When I predicted it, I expected guys to argue about it...but it happened.

13. pigpen

pigpen JBB JustBBall Member

heat won! they could have won by more if it wasn't for shaq getting into foul trouble. and yes, wade was shooting poorly. but if he wasn't, even if shaq didn't play the whole 4th quarter, heat will still win by at least 5.

kobe, kobe, kobe. kobe was so good. his team was holding him back. or is it the other way around? but man, what a game. i hope butler plays the next time these teams meet.

14. og15

og15 JBB *********

Common, even Shaq has shot under 50% before, not that it happens often, but I saw it a few times, like 3 times a year or so.

Now the circumstances helped, but the prediction wasn't really in the same light because the prediction was that Kobe would make him struggle which was not the case at all since Kobe was hardly guarding him.

Yes he had the injury, but he made some bad decisions early in terms of jumpshots, but it was because he was a little hesitant and driving, but down the stretch, you got to go what you got to do. The only place the hurt would've been apparent would be on some layups that he missed.

I've had a knee injury like that before, that soreness kinda deal, adrenaline can carry you through it, it only hurts when you're relaxing, when you jump [more off on foot than two] and sometimes while playing defense, the lateral movements could be a little painful.

15. jbbReal Deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Common, even Shaq has shot under 50% before, not that it happens often, but I saw it a few times, like 3 times a year or so.

Now the circumstances helped, but the prediction wasn't really in the same light because the prediction was that Kobe would make him struggle which was not the case at all since Kobe was hardly guarding him.

Yes he had the injury, but he made some bad decisions early in terms of jumpshots, but it was because he was a little hesitant and driving, but down the stretch, you got to go what you got to do. The only place the hurt would've been apparent would be on some layups that he missed.

I've had a knee injury like that before, that soreness kinda deal, adrenaline can carry you through it, it only hurts when you're relaxing, when you jump [more off on foot than two] and sometimes while playing defense, the lateral movements could be a little painful.</div>
    Well, Mr.Wade knew about the injury when he said it was virtually impossible. Plus, the content of his post was how Wade hasn't shot under 50% the entire season (and if it was under 50%, it wasn't by much), yet that statement was false.

The argument wasn't about how Kobe would make him shoot...it was the general idea that it was impossible for him to shoot poorly, even if someone like Artest was defending him. So, no matter who it was, Wade wasn't supposed to shoot poorly...according to Mr.Wade. Also, he hasn't done so this season yet, except I found 7 instances where he did.

How Shaq shoots, how Kobe shoots, or how Phil Jackson shoots...that has nothing to do with the debate at hand. Wade shot poorly, and it's the 8th time this season that he's done so...7th if you want to make the argument that he only played a quarter or two before he was injured in the game he went 0-4. I'm stating the facts...that's all.

16. og15

og15 JBB *********

That's what I'm saying, even Shaq has shot under 50%, so their's no way Wade would never shoot under 50%, he's a guard [​IMG]

17. WadeDynasty

And Wade is a human too. He makes mistakes and makes bad decisions too. The worst decision he had made would be to shoot a pull up jumper at the end of 4th quarter instead of driving to the hole. I think the only reason he's shooting at so high percentage is that he really doesn't settle for jump shot cuz he can blow by his defender any time he wants to.

18. jbbReal Deal

So...I don't understand why you both are arguing my point. The point was, Mr.Wade said it couldn't be done...I proved him wrong. In fact, he shot under 40% 8 times...and I brought it up ONLY BECAUSE Mr.Wade said that DW hasn't shot bad the entire season.

I'm not arguing that he can't shoot...it's obvious that he can. I was just proving my point...and the point was that he had IN FACT shot poorly in 8 games this year. It's logical that he would...nothing wrong with it...but there is when someone believes it's not true.