Miami Heat vs Detroit Pistons

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by Heatfan32, May 21, 2006.

1. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

Miami Heat = 2006 NBA ChampionsShaq, Wade, and Walker were all amazing tonight. No matter how much the media is overblowing Wades performance Shaq was the MVP of the game tonight. He was abosolutely unstobbale as was Wade. Then add a DRIVING Walker and this team is unbeatable.This is a great series if you are a Miami fan. I'm loving all these Shaq alley-oops. Shaq touches = win as KMart said.

2. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

For those who say that the Heat are the NBA champs, I do believe that you will get to the finals in 6, however that does not mean you will win it. Mavs or the Suns could easily take the Heat down. My god the Detroit Dynasty is dying slowly. If they lose this series it could be a major blow to them especially with all this news about Ben Wallace leaving them. My god the Pistons have to watch out for Wade, they can't let him to continue to be racking up the points (35 tonight) only predicament is that if htey focus on Wade then Shaq (27 tonight) will dominate the game.

3. anypoint

anypoint BBW Member

You guys are right about Shaq needing more touches. But I sense that you are getting mixed up with shots and touches. Shaq needs the touches for miami to be at maximation of efficiency on the offense. He doesnt need the shots for Miami to be great. When he gets the touches, you can disect the defenses easier with all the cutters and such. And initiate the offense from there. Get it?

4. Heatfan32

Heatfan32 BBW Elite Member

I don't think Ben will leave Detroit at all, he fits perfectly in their system.Back to the game, like said above when both Shaq and Dwyane get there set of touches its almost an automatic.Antoine played well this game also which was important for us.We were down by 1 at 1 point in the fourth and I thought it was over when they were coming back.A few 3 point plays and dunks got us the lead and the tempo again which we just followed throughout the rest of the fourth.I'm glad you all noticed Detroit isn't in another level which was I was trying to say in the Cleveland series.Pistons are a great team with a superior backcourt but the Heat are just as good as a team.

5. melo

melo Magic

Shaq used to call dalla's hacking on him a couple of years ago as clown basketball. Now his team did the same thing.

6. LightsOut

LightsOut BBW Elite Member

Great, great game. I think our week of rest is paying off big time now. But, we still can't be too overly confident. We did what we were suppose to do get the win at home, but we're only up 2-1. If Pistons keep playing like they did tonight, we're be fine, but if they start playing like the Pistons I use to know, we better be ready. I'm still confident in my prediction of heat in 6, but we better come out in game 4 as strong as we did tonight and make sure we finish off these Pistons.

7. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Where are the Pistons fans? *Cricket cherp*

8. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

I think I saw one last week

9. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

The heat know how to beat the pistons now, they used reverse phychology in basketball, which is one of the first time i've seen that used. From the begining of the year, i said how Saunders inability to change a gameplan would kill him by the end of a 7 game series.I will be surprised if the Pistons win 1 more game.

10. Heatfan32

Time to make a game 4 prediction.Miami Heat will take this one also, they are a tough team to beat at home in the playoffs and are comming in with the momentum of a game 3 win.We need Antoine to keep producing for us and GP to help guard Chauncey(he blows right by Jason Williams).Shaq and Wade need to get there points and we can't have too many turnovers, they also need to avoid foul trouble.Hopefully if all goes well, Miami will be leading after this game 3-1.

11. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

The Pistons look flat once again. Wade is playing his best of his career right now with his efficiency. He makes jumpers at a high percentage now. The Pistons don't look like the same team they did earlier this year.

12. ChuckTheD

ChuckTheD BBW Elite Member

Do the Pistons even want to win this series? With the kind of shots they're taking it doesn't look like it.

13. ballorama

ballorama BBW Member

Its official Flip is the worst playoff coach ever.But I still have faith, look at SAS down 3-1 after losing gm 4.. winning game 5 and 6, and ALMOST winning gm 7 in regulation. There a #1 seed too..foul trouble and shot selection hurt us bad. we deserve this deficir.

14. Wade3

Wade3 BBW Elite Member

This series is just about finished. I think the Heat got this in 6. And maybe even 5. With Wade's great fourth quarter playing it is going to be hard for Detroit to finish them off at the end of games. Because, we all know they are going to be close games!

15. Heatfan32

You aren't playing like you look at a possible comeback.This series is over right about now, like Prime said the Heat know how to beat them now.Flip isn't the defensive minded coach Larry Brown was, and there trying to outscore the Heat with insane jumpers.Miami is just the better team this year and are going to reach the finals for the first time in franchise history.

16. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

And with that, the West has won a 2nd consecutive championship. I love the Heat(and won't count them out because I know better than to do that) and might end up rooting for them if the Mavs win, not sure, but with both West teams being able to play a fast pace game I don't think Shaq will be much of a factor and that would hurt the Heat. I think any Finals series will be pretty entertaining though.

17. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

Flip is a douche bag on legs.

18. Blaze

Blaze BBW Elite Member

Go Heat! They're up 3 games to 1! Flash is AMAZING this series. I really hope Shaq wins another NBA Championship. He deserves another. I just hope he's the Finals MVP :rock:

19. Wade3

Wade3 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AirBlaze @ May 30 2006, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Go Heat! They're up 3 games to 1! Flash is AMAZING this series. I really hope Shaq wins another NBA Championship. He deserves another. I just hope he's the Finals MVP :rock:</div>Wade actually only had a good game in the fourth quarter. He sure sucked in the third.

20. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

I think Flip Saunders is getting badly outcoached by Pat Riley. Riley seems to bring an intimidating prescence to the other team. You just know that Riley will give the Heat the best possible matchups and decisions on how to beat the team they play. Heck he almost found a way to beat the Jordan Bulls when he was the Coach of the Knicks. I think once again his team is overachieving in the playoffs.