Miami Heat vs Detroit Pistons

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by Heatfan32, May 21, 2006.

1. nykfan4life

nykfan4life BBW Elite Member

this is miami's year!!! if they pull this off then i really think they are going to win it all this year. phoenix and dallas are good teams but i think the heat can handle either of them.

2. anypoint

anypoint BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ May 30 2006, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think Flip Saunders is getting badly outcoached by Pat Riley. Riley seems to bring an intimidating prescence to the other team. You just know that Riley will give the Heat the best possible matchups and decisions on how to beat the team they play. Heck he almost found a way to beat the Jordan Bulls when he was the Coach of the Knicks. I think once again his team is overachieving in the playoffs.</div>Thats overrated. If Wade goes cold and shoots 30% then Flip is a masterful coach. No one was whinning during their franchise record season. Its the players fault moreso than the coaches. Riley is looking good because of what Wade and Shaq are doing.

3. LightsOut

LightsOut BBW Elite Member

Well, congrats on the game 5 win. Wade was contained all night and Shaq had a somewhat off game. But making 6 of 20 from the line as everyones been saying is just not gonna cut it. Oh well this loss only means one thing. My prediction of Heat in 6 is still intact. :happy0144:

4. Heatfan32

Heatfan32 BBW Elite Member

Flip seems to be getting alot of heat for the Pistons below-average performance.The coach should get the blame but if the players aren't producing then theres really nothing the coach can do.Pistons were down last year 3-2 also, hopefully all goes well for Miami.

5. anypoint

anypoint BBW Member

Wade had a so and so game, not a historical one.

6. nykfan4life

nykfan4life BBW Elite Member

i think if the pistons win game 6 the series is over. i don't think the heat can win in the palace again especially in game 7. the pistons live for games like this. i want the heat to win tho but the pistons are not playing like the pistons right now. they seem out of synch and no flow to their offense. anyway let's go HEAT!!!!!!!!

7. KMart?

KMart? BBW Elite Member

I agree nykfan4life. If the Pistons win the next game, not only will they have all momentum, but they will be going home for game 7. Add the two together, along with Shaq's inconsistent play (Touches or not) and Miami needs to win the next game. It will determine the series

8. Pistonfan11

Pistonfan11 BBW Elite Member

Miami will be in for a fight tonight. The Pistons aren't going down there to lose. They know that they have the homecourt advantage and that if they wn this game the Heat could lose their will for a game 7 at the Palace. I expect Rasheed to have a good game. He performs wel when we are down in a series on the road, because he loves to shut the crowd up. Plus, if Ben plays like he did Wednesday the Heat are in real trouble.

9. melo

melo Magic

Honestly, Shaq means so much to this team. I can't believe people said wade is the mvp, shaq's impact is the reason why they are up.

10. LightsOut

Well so far Heat are up 40-27. Playing great basketball, Pistons are in for a real tough night if they want this game.

11. Wade3

Wade3 BBW Elite Member

It's at the half. I think the heat got an 11 point lead. Should be good!

12. Heatfan32

Heatfan32 BBW Elite Member

Pistons seemed discouraged again, there missing layups and wide open perimeter shots.They've been getting good lucks but haven't been sinking the shot.I think they don't trust Flip, according to this quote <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Ben Wallace, Antonio McDyess and Rasheed Wallace have taken turns questioning their coach. Sources say management hasn't been thrilled with Pistons coach Flip Saunders far longer than lately.-- New York Post</div> Heat are still leading after 3 quarters.

13. melo

melo Magic

CB, I won the bet :happy0144:

14. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MIAMI HEAT IN THE FINALS! GO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE!

15. STAT

STAT BBW Elite Member

Go MIAMI!!!!!!! Way to go Wade!

16. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

I'm just glad we don't have to watch the Pistons play like crap anymore.

17. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

As much as I bi*ch about antoine walker, he was fun to watch in Boston, I'm glad he's got a chance to get a ring

18. LightsOut

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Melo_061 @ Jun 2 2006, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>CB, I won the bet :happy0144:</div>Hahah, yeah CB4 me too. I have that sig ready for you.

19. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ Jun 3 2006, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>As much as I bi*ch about antoine walker, he was fun to watch in Boston, I'm glad he's got a chance to get a ring</div>I hated him in Dallas; I'll be glad to see him get beat.

20. 1MrBigShot1

1MrBigShot1 BBW Member

I got to give props to the Heat. I'm not going to make any excuses for everything that's happened in the playoffs. Miami came out and played well. A lot of you probably would've thought I would've blamed this on the refs, but I'm not going to do that (altho I would've appreciated a few more traveling calls and off. foul calls on Shaq). We just were bad. Couldn't hit a shot (except for the Ripster)