Miami Heat Vs Detroit Pistons

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by heatfan, May 22, 2005.

1. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Right here beeatchs!

Have fun trying to win 2 games in Detroit. LMFAO!

One question fellas. About when did you hop on the Wade wagon? Did you ever see him play in college? [​IMG]

<font color="blue">Edited for vulgarity.</font>

2. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

It isn't hard to tell the diference between game one and two, with that being said Wade has to keep it up because the Pistons will adjust as well.

3. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Greatly said^.

4. iheartsheed42

iheartsheed42 JBB JustBBall Member

We all knew that miami was gonna have a bounce back game but detroit wasn't gonna let them have it easy. Pistons made a pretty good come back in the end and Sheed did really good in Game 1, not as good in game 2 but now that were in detroit were gonna take advantage and take the rest of the series.

Main goal to shut down Miami....

No easy fouls from on our big guys
    or
    SHUT DOWN WADE..............
    or
    No more easy turnovers
    or............
    ALL!

Talk to you all later!

Ballahollic

I HEART SHEED!!!!

Detroit Pistons- Soon to be 2005-2006 world CHAMPS!
    [​IMG]

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I was very impressed with the Heat's performance last night, mainly Dwayne Wade. The Heat made the adjustments to free Wade up by running double screens for him and creating better space on the court for him to attack. With Wade attacking, it got Tayshaun Prince into early foul trouble and once he picked up two fouls Wade became even more agressive on offense.

The main reason the Pistons lost was the turnovers they had in Game 2. Chauncey Billups had 8 in the first half alone, and the turnovers led to easy baskets for the Heat and allowed them to set their defense after they scored. The Pistons ended up with 15 turnovers, which is uncanny for them, and only shot 38% from the field. They got into early foul trouble and played too, much 1 on 1 basketball on offense instead of moving the ball around. Watching Ben Wallace have to score against the clock was painful and the Pistons cannot have him shooting 2-10 from the field.

I liked the duo of Shaq and Zo playing together for the Heat. It made it harder for the Pistons to jump in and steal offensive boards. Even when they did get the offensive boards, they didn't have an easy look at the basket. The size of Shaq and Zo alone made it tough to get around them and attack the rim.

The Pistons still got what they wanted by taking control of homecourt advantage and playing both games competitively. The Pistons should be fired up in Detroit.

One thing I don't understand is the 3 days off they are giving this series.

6. og15

og15 JBB *********

Miami takes another, their were some interesting key's to this game outside of Miami's great play all-around, especially from the outside shooters and role players:

<ul>Shaq making 6 free throws in a row [​IMG]

Detroit commiting stupid fouls on the full court pressure or early in the clock, stop reaching, you know they'll call those

Detroit getting stupid technicals, though those weren't that detrimental[/list]

Wade showed again that you can't "figure him out". He had another big game scoring 36 points, shooting over 50% [12-21], and getting to the line 18 times, though about 6 were on stupid fouls by Detroit. He didn't do much in the assist department with only 2, but also had 7 rebounds and only 2 turnovers.

Shaq was big in this one though, his playmaking was great, he wasn't rebounding too well, but he had 5 assists, hit his free throws, and scored well.

Gotta give props to Lindsey Hunter though, he really tried in this one. You can't say the same for Billups and Rip after Hunter came out, they just couldn't continue to produce that intensity and pressure defensively.

7. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

YES! Heat win thanks to some excellent play by Wade and Shaq. That was a great game and hopefully we can keep playing well and take the series.

8. OGmAXiFY

OGmAXiFY JBB JustBBall Member

interesting, the Champions lost their poise.... and who loves rasheed (iheartsheed), he started their downfall with his technical.

9. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Dwyane Wade is truly amazing. The Pistons have not had an answer for him since he started attacking the hoop again. He's basically outplaying the entire Pistons backcourt in the last two games because Rip and Chauncey have yet to play well at the same time. Eddie Jones defensive has gone under the radar in this years, and the playoffs in general. He's been doing an outstanding job of forcing whoever, he guards into tough looks and making them shoot 20 shots to reach 20 points. The Heat's offense usually gets all the accolades, but their defense has improved each game this series. The Heat are also protecting the ball and making the most out of each possession. In the first two series, they didn't really have to worry about New Jersey or Washington locking them down defensively. After Game 1, Van Gundy has made the adjustments to free up Wade more and has definitely engrained it into his team to protect the ball.

The Pistons desperately need Rasheed Wallace to get his mind back into this series. When he gets going inside the post there is no one on the Heat who can guard him. He's too, tall for Haslem, and too, quick for any of their other PFs. He's settling too, much for perimeter shots and fadeaways from the baseline. He needs to get back inside to draw fouls, and force Shaq or Zo to rotate over to let Big Ben attack on the weakside glass. The Heat are using the Pistons baiting technique to tempt the Pistons into shooting jumpshots instead of driving, posting up, and getting into the lane. The Pistons have also gotten away from the re-post on offense and swinging the basketball around.

With the Heat taking back homecourt advantage and a 2-1 lead, Game 4 is a must win for Detroit. It's going to be interesting to keep an eye on Shaq if the Pistons can force a longer series. There will only be a 1 day layover after each game instead of a 3 day layover.

10. heatfan

heatfan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting heatfan:</div><div class="quote_post"><font color="Red">Wade</font>'s game one performance was very uncharacteristic of him.
    His decision making just wasn't sharp like usual.
    He was out of the game mentally at times. Settling for bad shots several times.
    Wade only shot 2 Free thows the whole game.
    7 of 25 from the field.

Wade statistically has shown to comeback from tough games with very strong performances.
    The Heat apparently needed this wake up call after winning 8 Straight.
    With that said, I expect Miami to bounce back and <font color="Red">take Games 2 & 3.</font></div>

Man it feels good to be Right. [​IMG]
    I knew Game 1 was a fluke for Miami. The Heat are for real.
    Detroit is a great team, but Miami will Win this series.

Anyone who is still doubting Dwyane Wade at this point has serious problems.

11. Heat4Life

Heat4Life JBB JustBBall Member

Need4Sheed: I got a koo avatar that would go great with your sig [​IMG]

12. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

LMAO
    Hey dont be too harsh to Need4Sheed
    He might become Wade's fan once we beat the pistons. LMAO

13. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

overrated

This might be one of the most overrated post-season performances ever!! Dwayne was good don't get me wrong, but not to the extent you people are making it out to be. He had 36 points, great. He had 7 rebounds great. He had 2 assists, very poor for a PG / SG who handles the ball a lot. He had 2 turnovers, thats a 1:1 Assist to turnover ratio [​IMG] . And the most telling part that in my mind he did not completely dominate the game is that when he left with five fouls (way too many for a SG/PG to pick up) the Heat were down 2. When he came back they were up nine. So before everyone goes and says how Dwayne Wade led the team to victory remember they didn't start to win until he was on the bench.

14. Heat4Life

Heat4Life JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting WadeDynasty:</div><div class="quote_post">LMAO
    Hey dont be too harsh to Need4Sheed
    He might become Wade's fan once we beat the pistons. LMAO</div>You never know, the Spurs and Suns are still battling. He still has other options [​IMG]

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JWohl:</div><div class="quote_post">This might be one of the most overrated post-season performances ever!! Dwayne was good don't get me wrong, but not to the extent you people are making it out to be. He had 36 points, great. He had 7 rebounds great. He had 2 assists, very poor for a PG / SG who handles the ball a lot. He had 2 turnovers, thats a 1:1 Assist to turnover ratio [​IMG] . And the most telling part that in my mind he did not completely dominate the game is that when he left with five fouls (way too many for a SG/PG to pick up) the Heat were down 2. When he came back they were up nine. So before everyone goes and says how Dwayne Wade led the team to victory remember they didn't start to win until he was on the bench.</div>You know what's overrated? Beating the Defending Champions on their very own court and watching them self destruct. Overrate that.

BTW did anyone see Ben Wallace take a 3pt attempt? It was the last minute of the game and the Pistons were just praying for a miracle at that point. They must've been pretty desperate [​IMG]

15. bbwSwish

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JWohl:</div><div class="quote_post">This might be one of the most overrated post-season performances ever!! Dwayne was good don't get me wrong, but not to the extent you people are making it out to be. He had 36 points, great. He had 7 rebounds great. He had 2 assists, very poor for a PG / SG who handles the ball a lot. He had 2 turnovers, thats a 1:1 Assist to turnover ratio [​IMG] . And the most telling part that in my mind he did not completely dominate the game is that when he left with five fouls (way too many for a SG/PG to pick up) the Heat were down 2. When he came back they were up nine. So before everyone goes and says how Dwayne Wade led the team to victory remember they didn't start to win until he was on the bench.</div>
    DID YOU WATCH THE GAME?! Man he was amazing and kept knocking down all his jumpshots. You are going through every single stat category so of course he isn't going to be perfect. He isn't God here. I bet if Wade was on the Knicks you would be acting the exact same way we are. Wade has been playing incredible and is proving he one of the better players in the league.

16. MagicBalla12

MagicBalla12 JBB JustBBall Member

What really hurt the Pistons was that 13-4 run about halfway in the forurth in which the Heat made 11 points from free throws. Congrats for Shaq, I was suprised he was able to make 8-12 free thriws, good for him. Another nice showing by Wade, although it's kind of hard not to expect him to put up 36 points a game, he is becoming such a great player. I think Eddie Jones needs some props, who played 40 mins, scored 11 points in the 4th for the Heat, and had 4 assists. But the main point is, the Pistons lost their cool, and the Heat didn't. During the Heat's spurt, both Rasheed Wallace and Chauncey Billups picked up technical fouls, which will really hurt you. Good job Heat, I'm looking forward t owatching the next game of this exciting series.

17. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Swish15:</div><div class="quote_post">I bet if Wade was on the Knicks you would be acting the exact same way we are.</div>
    So you are basicly saying that you are biased towards him and the only way to fully apreciate him is to be rooting for the Heat?

18. WadeDynasty

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JWohl:</div><div class="quote_post">This might be one of the most overrated post-season performances ever!! Dwayne was good don't get me wrong, but not to the extent you people are making it out to be. He had 36 points, great. He had 7 rebounds great. He had 2 assists, very poor for a PG / SG who handles the ball a lot. He had 2 turnovers, thats a 1:1 Assist to turnover ratio [​IMG] . And the most telling part that in my mind he did not completely dominate the game is that when he left with five fouls (way too many for a SG/PG to pick up) the Heat were down 2. When he came back they were up nine. So before everyone goes and says how Dwayne Wade led the team to victory remember they didn't start to win until he was on the bench.</div>
    Haha sure he had 2 assists but he had 36 points against THE Detroit Pistons defense. I don't know if you saw it on TV but only 3 others other than Wade in NBA history scored 40 or more and D-Wade scored 40 and 36 in 2 games in a row. So what he only had 2 assists? Were you expecting Wade to drop 36 points and 10 assists? Making him responsible for almost 60 points? Oh and thanks to you you brought up the fact that while Wade sat down, Heat started winning. Thanks man cuz you just admitted that our Heat isn't all about Wade and Shaq. We got other options. Many options.
    Nonetheless, Scoring 36 alone is great performance. I don't know why you are trying to bash Wade. Maybe you expected Wade to score even more? U a Heat fan? Welcome to our realm then [​IMG]

19. WadeDynasty

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MagicBalla12:</div><div class="quote_post">What really hurt the Pistons was that 13-4 run about halfway in the forurth in which the Heat made 11 points from free throws. Congrats for Shaq, I was suprised he was able to make 8-12 free thriws, good for him. Another nice showing by Wade, although it's kind of hard not to expect him to put up 36 points a game, he is becoming such a great player. I think Eddie Jones needs some props, who played 40 mins, scored 11 points in the 4th for the Heat, and had 4 assists. But the main point is, the Pistons lost their cool, and the Heat didn't. During the Heat's spurt, both Rasheed Wallace and Chauncey Billups picked up technical fouls, which will really hurt you. Good job Heat, I'm looking forward t owatching the next game of this exciting series.</div>
    Yeah honesly i been bashing EJ for the most of the season but I would apologize if I ever met him in person. I was so wrong.

20. bbwSwish

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JWohl:</div><div class="quote_post">So you are basicly saying that you are biased towards him and the only way to fully apreciate him is to be rooting for the Heat?</div>
    No I'm saying that you are calling Wade overated because he isn't on your team and I think your jealous to be honest.