Miami Heat Vs Detroit Pistons

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by heatfan, May 22, 2005.

1. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Swish15:</div><div class="quote_post">No I'm saying that you are calling Wade overated because he isn't on your team and I think your jealous to be honest.</div>
    YEp, he's jealous and his favorite player is Boumjte Boumjte

2. kingrex

kingrex JBB JustBBall Member

Game 1 of the series was no fluke. The Detroit Pistons are for real. They are still the defending champs and to count them out would be a mistake.

Kudos to Stan and the Heat for making the necessary adjustiments and executing those adjustments to win 2-games in a row. The Pistons will still win this series in 7-games, but only if they can keep their poise unlike in game 3.

With both teams playing at their highest level, the Pistons should win the series because of their championship poise. Without that edge in poise, then the Pistons are NOT better than the Heat.

Kudos to Shaq for developing a better free throw shot. 6-in-a-row, who would have thunk it.

3. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

The Pistons proved they have flaws just like every other team in the NBA, those two technicals with about eight minutes left in the game were very unnecessary and ultimately cost Detroit the game. Billups and Wallace (sheed) both made a mistake, but doesn't Sheed ever learn from his mistakes? Dude has had a problem with his emotions for his entire career, but you would think he would get it together and mature a little bit, especially in a key game in the Conference Finals. Like already said, the Detroit Pistons had no "championship" poise in this game. They let their emotions get the best of them arguing every call made by the officials. Also they committed many careless fouls, a few times they fouled jump shooters and twice they gave up potential four point plays (one for Jones/Butler both missed the FT). To top it all off, both teams shot badly from the free throw line. (Exempting Shaq who had the night of his life hitting six important free throws in a row!)

This series can still be a good one, but the Pistons better start playing smarter or they will get torched.

4. OGmAXiFY

OGmAXiFY JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">This series can still be a good one, but the Pistons better start playing smarter or they will get torched.
    </div>
    correction....they've already been twice. Game 1 was still a good game for the Heat, remember it was tied 81-81 with 5 min. left in the 4th quarter, just Wade had a bad game and Detriot made some key plays and slipped away, the Heat weren't blown out or anthing.

5. N4S

N4S BBW Member

I gotta give it up to Wade but not yet.

If he can lead the Heat to wins the series while being pestered by Prince and then lead the Heat past the Spurs being pestered by Bowen.

Now, that's an accomplishment.

6. dallasdude

dallasdude JBB JustBBall Member

Does Keyon Dooling think he's a superstar or what?? Get the ball to Shaq/Wade man!

7. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

The reason we lost was because Shandon Anderson didn't play. Without him, we didn't stand a chance. [​IMG] JK

This was a good game and this series is getting really exciting. Hopefully the Heat will come back and take Game 4.

8. og15

og15 JBB *********

^
    Thinks? He is a superstar lol

Anyways, good game by the Pistons, they had the energy, got Shaq in foul trouble which ended up playing a big part [as it should], and were efficient offensively. Billups and Rip played extremely well, and were the main catalysts in this win.

Wade struggled early, but he did pick it up later, but it wasn't enough. That anger foul on Hunter was not good either lol. Dooling really makes me laugh though, he's a funny character. The thing with him is that he's not really a PG, you see that Damon Jones is not that talented, but he know's how to get the ball to Shaq and Wade.

Anyways, Miami is going home now, and every game now is really a must win for both sides.

9. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Is it me or did the Rip put on his best Manu Ginobli impression. I saw Rip flop about four or five different times when there was either a travel of a no call. Rasheed, when will you learn not to cry about any call against you or your team. Whenever there's a foul i see Rasheed and his huge white spot on his head running and screaming about the foul. He is without a doubt the biggest cry baby in this league.

10. Heat4Life

Heat4Life JBB JustBBall Member

The Heat played terribly and the Pistons played a great game. The Refs did a job on us. I guess all that crying to the media after Game 3 really payed off for the Pistons. But don't let that take away from the real reason the Heat lost: they flat out played terrible. Not one bright spot you can say about this game or any player. If the Pistons need for the Heat to play bad, put all our players in foul trouble, get the help from refs, and play a near perfect game then this will be a tough series. That's all.

11. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

The difference was the Pistons actually defended, something they didn't do in game 3. When they defend like they can then they are very tough to beat. Pistons played a good game but certainly not their best, They can play better than they did last night. The refs at least made up for the terrible decisions they made on the Pistons in game 3 by giving the Pistons some calls in game 4.

Rip's injury seems to be healing. He is the key to the series, If he is performing like this then the Pistons have to be favourites to win this series.

Heat have homecourt but the champions have proved they can win on the road and in a best of 3 series, experience can be a huge factor.. Game 5 will be huge and could be the deciding factor who takes the series.

12. WadeDynasty

Man this series is going to give me a heartattack!!!!!! End it already!
    Shaq looked good earlier but .....foul trouble foul trouble...

13. bbwSwish

These are the three things the Heat must do to win this series.

1) Work the ball down low to Shaq and let him score. He proved that he could score despite his injury in Game 3 and we need him to knock down those 8 foot hook shots. If he can score under the basket, that will open the rest of our offense and will put points on the board.

2) Dwyane Wade needs to sink his shots. He didn't have a good Game 1 but has bounced back since then. He needs to continue to shoot the mid range jumper because that is where he is hurting the Pistons the most. He also needs to continue driving to the hoop because that is where he can majority of his points.

3) Slow down Rip Hamilton. He has been the person that has hurt us the most and has been scoring 25-30 PPG in this series. We need to stop him and make other guys score.

If we can do these things I think we will have a good shot at taking the series.

14. WadeDynasty

Rip Hamilton shoulda pursued another career...Marathon!!!!!
    That guy never gets tired and it would be a heluva job to slow him down. I still count on EJ to have some defensive impact cuz he plays great D. Hope i dont get a heartattack this thursday...

15. $Quan$

$Quan$ JBB JustBBall Member

Yo i think that the Heats got this the whole thing. because the pistons are not ready for wade and shaq. Two of the best players n the league.

16. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting $Quan$:</div><div class="quote_post">Yo i think that the Heats got this the whole thing. because the pistons are not ready for wade and shaq. Two of the best players n the league.</div>

Well aparently they have been ready because in game 1 and 4 they took those guys out of the game. Lets just hope that they aren't ready for them in games 5 and 6

17. WadeDynasty

Yeah Shaq needs to stay out of foul trouble and be aggressive. He needs to remember that even with the injury, he's the most dominant center. I'm already nervous about game 5. GO HEAT!

18. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Problem Shaq has is the fact there is only one day of rest for both teams. History has shown that Shaq is only really effective after more than 2 or 3 days of rest. The mini break between games Is not helping him at all. This was a problem even when he was healthly in the playoffs last year, nevermind when he isn't quite 100%.

19. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Game five was a great game for the Heat. They controlled the game with championship like poise. It is important for the role players to step up, Damon Jones had a big game and Butler came in and provided a huge lift. That cat was hitting some clutch step back jumpers like they were layups. The Heat have a chance to take the series at Detroit, lets see if they can win even if wade doesn't play.

20. bbwSwish

Man this sucks. I will post more about the game when I'm not still mad. [​IMG]