Miami Heat vs New Jersey Nets

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by Wade3, May 5, 2006.

1. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Heatfan32 @ May 15 2006, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The Heat's perimeter defense isn't the best but most teams don't seem to exploit that.</div>That's the problem right there. The Pistons are great from the outside and they play great defense. Wade and Shaq will be contained and there will not be a lot of good looks for the Heat.

2. Wade3

Wade3 BBW Elite Member

Miami will not be able to stop Pistons fast break game. Which I am sure will be very good in the series.

3. anypoint

anypoint BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ May 15 2006, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That's the problem right there. The Pistons are great from the outside and they play great defense. Wade and Shaq will be contained and there will not be a lot of good looks for the Heat.</div>When has the Pistons contained either guy?To beat Miami you single cover Shaq and double up Wade, leaving Walker open. You want him to beat you as opposed to someone else.

4. LightsOut

LightsOut BBW Elite Member

Ver very close game right now. Miami is up by a point and have the ball with about 12 seconds left.EDIT: Jersey just got the ball and have called a timeout down by one with 1.4 left. This is it...GAMEOVER. Wade steals the inbound and clock runs out. HEAT WIN!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

5. Opal

Opal Active Member

WADE KNOCKS IT LOOSE! HEAT WIN!

6. Heatfan32

Heatfan32 BBW Elite Member

Great game and nice job to Wade I would also take this time to thank Antoine Walker for playing great this series and hitting his shots.This is great news for the Heat since we can rest while we watch the Pistons battle it out with the Cavaliers.The Nets really need to fix there 4th quarter performing,they can't seem to close out games even if there up by 20.

7. LightsOut

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LightsOut @ May 5 2006, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'll say Heat in 5.</div> :brucelee:

8. hoopskidd5

hoopskidd5 BBW Member

Congrats to Miami..They were just a better team out there all series. Role players stepped up around Wade and Shaq and the Nets had no answer for Wade's amazing play and couldnt find a fourth scorer around RJ, Kidd and Carter with Krstic struggling..

9. LightsOut

^Thanks. You guys put up a great fight as well, and definitely gave us a scare in game 1.

10. Opal

Opal Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hoopskidd5 @ May 16 2006, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Congrats to Miami..They were just a better team out there all series. Role players stepped up around Wade and Shaq and the Nets had no answer for Wade's amazing play and couldnt find a fourth scorer around RJ, Kidd and Carter with Krstic struggling..</div>Thanks for taking a loss like a man. :dribble:

11. hoopskidd5

hoopskidd5 BBW Member

Ill be the first to admit that I was critical of the moves Riley made in the offseason. I didnt think the new group of players would gel and I thought they wouldnt live up to last year's play. For the majority of the season, I thought I was correct in my assumption and was puzzled by Riley's decisions. Now, however, I have seen the club play well together in a seven game series. Even with Shaq in foul trouble they were able to control the tempo and the game. Wade picked his spots when to score and got teamattes involved and when given the chance to shine, role players like Payton, Haslem and Walker stood up to the challenge. I was impressed by Walker's play late in the series. I haev always been one of his biggest critics and have never been a fan of his, but if he plays like he did today, attacking the basket and shooting in-rythem three pointers, it adds another dimension to this team, making them tough to beat. Even coming into this series, I thought the Nets had a shot. I dont think they played their best basketball and I think they could have put up more of a challenge, but the credit has to go to Miami in taking the Nets and the individual players on the Nets out of their game and controlling the game the way they wanted it to be player. Im not going to complain about referees or non-calls because they go both ways and both teams have issues they can have legitamite arguments in. The fact is, when it came down to executing, the Heat did and the Nets sputtered. Congrats, once again to the Heat, and thanks to my Nets for a great season..

12. anypoint

anypoint BBW Member

You guys heard that Wade is going to train with Payton and Kobe this offseason to work on his defense?

13. hoopskidd5

hoopskidd5 BBW Member

Yeah I heard that on TNT. Ive been impressed by how much hes improved his three point shooting ability. It was the one thing I thought coming into the season we would be able to "relax" on in terms of defending Wade. He definatly turned it on and it seemed like any shot he took during the series hit bottom. Its scarry how good this guy can be..

14. anypoint

anypoint BBW Member

My series MVP goes to Walker. He was the x-factor in the last 3 games. Without him, the series easily goes to 7.

15. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

Well Miami is advancing to its second straight ECF so congrats to them. I agree, Wades shown some improvement in 3 point shooting in this series. Next up comes their real test though against Detroit....... unless Clevelans pulls a MAJOR upset, but I doubt it.

16. hoopskidd5

hoopskidd5 BBW Member

I think if it werent for some mistakes in execution and turnovers the Nets make down the stretch in a couple of the latter games, we are looking at a 3-2 series..Looks like Im wearing my Nets jersey tomorrow, I always stand by my team, win or loss..

17. melo

melo Magic

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (anypoint @ May 17 2006, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You guys heard that Wade is going to train with Payton and Kobe this offseason to work on his defense?</div>I thought kobe and wade disliked eachother :dunno: and if wade becomes a good consistent defender he's going to be the best player in the league [once guys like Duncan and kobe disappears\]

18. anypoint

anypoint BBW Member

No one really hates anyone anymore in the NBA aside from the Allen-Bowen feud. Thats the problem I have with the NBA now, too many friendly ties. Its time for these guys to get just down nasty and mean.Its more of a competitive fire within a game. So I would say that Wade and Kobe are on good terms.The bigger question becomes why would Kobe help Wade to become the best player in the NBA?

19. nykfan4life

nykfan4life BBW Elite Member

lets go miami right to the finals!!!!! :boogie: just gotta beat the pistons or the cavs we still don't know about that series because it's tied. :closedeyes:

20. jkidd51524

jkidd51524 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nykfan4life @ May 17 2006, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>lets go miami right to the finals!!!!! :boogie: just gotta beat the pistons or the cavs we still don't know about that series because it's tied. :closedeyes:</div>You say it like its nothing. They will beat the Cavs if the cavs pull a upset on the Pistons. But we all know the chances of that happining are very slim. Another Heat-Pistons eastern conference finals would be good. I just dont see the Heat beating them though. They dont have to double shaq as much because of Ben Wallace's ability to defend him. They are a great defensive team. They will beat the Heat if that is the matchup.