Miami @ LA Lakers

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by huevonkiller, Feb 28, 2008.

1. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    MARION GOT ****ing STUFFED!

Hah.

2. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Marion got owned by Kobe at the end. Thank god for a huge lead, hopefully we can rest the main guys in the 4th. Any time where Kobe doesn't have to be on the court is probably a good thing.

3. huevonkiller

Student.
    Why was that called a foul by Ronny? That's such a soft call.

He's bringing it on defense.

Ronny again with a block, then Farmar with a three!

Bench Fisher movement strengthens, lol.

4. huevonkiller

Student.
    Sasha broke Wade's ankles and Farmar hits another 3 even though he was fouled. Congrats on your new career high of 24. jordan.

Sasha with another 3.

5. huevonkiller

Student.
    Kobe didn't like the holding by Wade, so he comes back with a nice dunk that freezes Haslem on the other end.

Davis hits a three to keep it close but this is just stat padding really.

Farmar is 9-13 from the field, and 4-7 from three point land in 19 minutes.

6. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

Moo, good thing our Heat won't be playing like this [​IMG]

7. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

Interesting game. I thought it would be a 30 point blow out, but Miami is playing better than their record.

The Lakers are most likely going to meet at least one of these teams on their way to the finals.

Utah - Kobe would score against anybody they throw at him, Boozer would score on anyone with Okur dragging one Bynum/Gasol out to the 3 pt line
    Phoenix - They don't match up well at all with the Lakers after the Shaq trade
    SA - Other than the fact that they are old, the Lakers matchup well against them
    Dallas - Odom has the body to shut down Nowitzki, but I wouldn't overlook them after the Kidd trade even though Kobe usually drops 40+ on them
    NO - No playoff experience, and like the Jazz, they are weak at the SG position

If they meet a healthy Goldenstate in the first round, they will give them a run for their money and take them to 6 games. If GS is healthy and they make the playoffs, the Rockets will be the only team that can pull an "upset" if they win a series.

Boston - Lakers would beat them in 4/5
    Detroit - This would be a grand finale and bring back some rating to the NBA finals. The Lakers have a shot at revenge, and this series would easily go to 7 games

As long as the Cavs don't make it to the ECF again, I'm happy. Get ready for the best Wester conference playoff basketball.

8. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

right now I'm predicting a Lakers/Cavs final......the key to the Lakers making it out of the west will be how Bynum bounces back from his injury....they've been playing great as of late, but they'll definitely need Andrew to get thru all of the bigs in the West.............

and lol @ kobe and wade kind of getting into it....both men hate to lose to one another.......I sinced a little heat in between the 2 of them at the end of the game....I don't think they even shook each others hands at the end of the game, haha......

9. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Dream @ Feb 29 2008, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>right now I'm predicting a Lakers/Cavs final......the key to the Lakers making it out of the west will be how Bynum bounces back from his injury....they've been playing great as of late, but they'll definitely need Andrew to get thru all of the bigs in the West.............

and lol @ kobe and wade kind of getting into it....both men hate to lose to one another.......I sinced a little heat in between the 2 of them at the end of the game....I don't think they even shook each others hands at the end of the game, haha......</div>

Wade is an afterthought these days. Stay healthy for once.

10. The Dream

I agree...it sucks since I'm a big fan of his.....I don't know why Miami is even playing him this year?!?!?. They should allow him to take the rest of the year off so he can get fresh and be ready for next year. They should get an extremely high draft pick and they should have some money to spend, therefore their eyes should be on next year

11. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I don't see how Cleveland has any opportunity of making it out of the East. Even LeBron admitted that Detroit beat themselves last year...

Right now I'd take Detroit and Boston over Cleveland, and maybe even Orlando over them.

12. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Cleveland has no shot at the Finals. It's still a one-man show down there, regardless of what people say. They're supporting cast is still not that good. I'm not at all sold on Ben Wallace for them. He helps out a bit on defense, but in the offense, unless he's dunking the ball, he's just in the way. Beyond that, the Celtics and Pistons are still MUCH better than them, and more than likely, they'll have to beat both of them to get to the Finals, which isn't going to happen.

13. The Dream

Detroit is still the Detroit team from last year (although their bench is a lil better), and Cleveland always gives them problems....Boston I just don't believe in primarily, because I don't believe they're big enough down low, and I don't think Sam has a lot left in the tank to be an affective backup........I'm confident the Cavs can keep it close with both teams and if the game is close I'd put my money on the team with the best player.

14. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I think you're underrating the signing of PJ Brown. Despite his age, he can still be very effective. He's still got a solid mid-range game and can still crash the boards. Plus, KG is very effective on the post, Kendrick Perkins is an ok post player, as is Leon Powe. I honestly don't see an issue with their frontcourt.

The other thing you have to realize is, in the East, you don't necessarily need dominance down low. If you think about it, the only dominant big man out East anymore is Dwight Howard. There's a bevy of good bigs out East, but none dominant outside of Howard. You could also throw KG in there as well, depending on what you view him as.

Due to this, I don't see any reason why the Celtics can't win out East. They have a trio of stars and a solid bench, that's only going to get better with the additions of PJ Brown and Sam Cassell. If you look at the Cavs, I honestly think they're still a mess. Ben Wallace adds nothing to the team and might actually make them worse up front. He's no longer intimidating defensively and just gets in the way on offense. And to be honest, if Big Z gets hurt, they're doomed. Big Ben is no good as a primary center anymore and he gives nothing offensively and not nearly as much on defense as he used to. The Cavs have no chance in my eyes, regardless of how great LeBron plays. It's already been shown that a one-man show can take you so far, and that's what LeBron will have to do come playoff time.