Mid-Late 90s Blazers

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Sinobas, Jul 18, 2014.

1. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I remember watching that season and thinking Shaq should have fouled out by halftime in almost every game. He'd put his hand on Sheeds face or Sabos and dunk the ball getting the +1... then Sheed gets the T..get out of foul trouble free card he had going on

2. Harry's Raincoat

Harry's Raincoat Member

I'm old enough to have seen the whole spectrum. My favorites are the '77 team for winning it all. Special moment that hasn't been replicated. I also really liked the '90, '91, '92 teams. We were so darn close.
    Then, I really liked the team that lost to the Spurs with "the shot" by Sean Elliott. There were a couple of knuckleheads but the Jailblazers weren't in full force yet. I was sad we gave up on Rider/Jackson in place of Steve Smith. But understand that it was an attempt to gain control of the immature players. Then, we added Pippen!! Wow. But that was very short lived. That team was demoralized by Shaq and Kobe. Never recovered. Imploded. I actually "hated" a few players on my home town team!!!! I feel sorry for posters that only have these '00 and forward teams to reflect upon.

3. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

You know a guy is playing with heart when he does that. I love sheed.