Mike Dunleavy calls Butler-Rose rift 'chatter,'

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Jun 29, 2015.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

It’s nothing but talk in Mike Dunleavy’s world these days.

Rumors about Jimmy Butler wanting to be elsewhere next season, the reported rift between Butler and Derrick Rose, Dunleavy’s own pending free agency … all just June 29 “chatter.’’

“I think a lot of that stuff as far as Jimmy’s and Derrick’s relationship is just chatter,’’ Dunleavy said in a phone interview on Monday. “I think there’s chatter as far as free agency in general.’’

The 34-year-old, who will be a free agent as of midnight, July 1, took it a step further, indicating that not only does he expect to be back with the Bulls, but in conversations he’s had with Butler this offseason, his belief is the No. 21 will be joining him.

“I really think that Jimmy will be back,’’ Dunleavy said. “I’m really optimistic that he and I will both be back. I’ve talked to him a little over the course of this summer. Obviously, nothing is set in stone and he’s got to go through the process, but I would be surprised if Jimmy’s in another uniform next year besides the Bulls.’’

Read more http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/...rose-rift-chatter-says-butler-want-stay-bulls

2. _GB

_GB Bulls Fan Staff Member Moderator

Thanks for posting that Cowley article.

I guess Dunleavy was too positive for his taste, so he threw in the insinuation that Dunleavy was given an unfair contract to balance the article out.

3. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ya Cowley can troll. He is a hoot during games.