Miles' Curious Quote....

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by ABM, Oct 11, 2008.

1. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    http://www.telegram.com/article/20081011/NEWS/810110390/1009/SPORTS

Hmmmm....................OK.

2. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

It means that he thought he was buying some street drugs, but they actually sold him diet pills.

barfo

3. bodyman5001

bodyman5001 Genius

auto collision technician
    He just said that so he can establish a pattern when he gets caught using steroids. Or smack or goofballs or whatever he is on.

4. drexlersdad

drexlersdad SABAS

probably was taking diet coke.

5. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

I'm trying to remember the movie (I think it was Go)...a bunch of kids in the back of a van pretending that they're getting high, until someone says "yeah, actually that's Dexatrim".

Wouldn' surprise me if Miles gave someone $1000 for a vial of "good stuff", popped positive for Dexatrim, but now he can't say "I didn't take no diet pills, man....it was (Drug X)."

6. Masbee

Masbee -- Rookie of the Year

I read a few months back that there were several supplement producers who hawk "all natural" wieght loss pills/herbs/potions/whatever that labs showed had drugs in them.

People don't want to take "drugs", so they buy "natural" pills to help with their problem. They don't work. Pill pushers want customers to buy again, so they stuff their pills with drugs that do actually work.

Miles could have been talking what he thought were vitamin/herb/ etc supplements, or using a meal replacement powder that was spiked.

7. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

The drugs were THAT good. He blacked out.

8. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Miles had 4 minutes of "action" in the Celtics' last pre-season game.

Maybe they are saving him for the season? :ghoti:

9. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    http://www.enterprisenews.com/sports/x83015576/Darius-Miles-bids-to-return-to-NBA-with-the-Celtics

10. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

11. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

12. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

Give the guy a break . . . he was told it was flax seed oil.

13. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

probably same as when he "checked out" on Portland... after he blows out a knee

I just don't understand the hate many have here. Is it resentment from him potentially messing up Portland's capspace, anger because somehow the knee injuries were his fault, or just an excuse to get the hate on??? Dude is guaranteed his Portland contract whether he plays or not. He is probably looking at getting a NBA minimum deal from the Celts on top of that, so in essence he is busting his butt in training camp for relative peanuts. As such, the DM is lazy/only motivated by money argument doesn't hold much water.

Personally I want the best for most everyone and think it would be great if DM were able to reclaim a semblance of his game.

STOMP

14. Masbee

Masbee -- Rookie of the Year

Admit it, you're just a hater HATER.

Hater.

15. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Hate? I think Darius just does not care much about the game of basketball. He happened to have some natural gifts, he did just enough to get a large contract from the Blazers, and then he proceeded to put on weight and point the finger at everyone else.

I understand your point of view and I don't subscribe to it. It's doubtful that Darius is even going to make the Celtic roster at this point.

16. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

Your recollection of history is off. He got a new contract (which btw I was against) and was in shape and playing well before suffering an injury. Then he came back too early because he was asked to by the team (according to him). It was only after this point when he was really injured that he put on some weight.

Regardless, if he doesn't care (as you're guessing) why does he put himself through rehab and another training camp? Whatever he might make from the Celts this year will pale in comparison to what he's banking from the Blazers regardless of whether he plays... so it's not the money.

STOMP

17. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

admitted... I find the pig pile on player X because we can stuff to be very tiresome. It's like everyone wants to ignore what little we do know and just assume the worst. As if it's time for everyone to channel their inner Canzano

And PapaG... I'm talking about a lot more posters then just you. Sorry that I've seemed to have singled you out with the original quote.

STOMP

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  18. drexlersdad

drexlersdad SABAS

if miles can show he can play again, he could be in for ALOT more money. yeah he has made tens of millions, but if he can get another team to sign him to another deal thats tens more. he's only 26.

19. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

Actually I heard Miles invested all of his money in mortgage backed securities, stock in Lehman Brothers, and GM ... the dude needs a contract now and bad!!

20. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

this year? No way. Obviously he's nowhere close to what he once was as several teams have had him work out for them and said no thanks. His game was based on his athleticism and length... his skills were never that great and at 6'7.5 with mediocre hops, dude is no PF. Several knee surgeries later it's pretty safe to assume he's lost even more bounce then what he was down to in Portland, and his long term prognosis is a matter of record.

Dude has lost most of his cartilage in one knee and his knees are near shot. Good guy or not, I feel pretty confident in predicting that no team will take a tens of millions of dollars flyer on a SF compromised like he is with the injury history he's had. Heres wishing the guy the best and all but I also believe that the medical experts know what they are talking about... dude would literally need a miracle to ever be worth a MLE or anything around that range and that wouldn't be extended this year.

STOMP