Politics Milo Yannopoopalous

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MickZagger, Feb 17, 2017.

1. DaLincolnJones

DaLincolnJones Well-Known Member

Here is a well reasoned take on the situation http://www.fdrpodcasts.com/#/3600/milo

I have stayed abreast of this story, and have stated my opinion on the guy already. I think the above link best sums up how tragic this is all around.

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

It sounds to me like he's rationalizing what happened to him. I was reading somewhere that this is a common theme with people who suffer traumatic experiences when they're young. They think they were at fault. The guy clearly needs some help dealing with his past, but I wish people wouldn't treat him like he was the pedophile. To my knowledge he has done nothing wrong.

3. Nikolokolus

Nikolokolus There's always next year

Most people that molest were molested themselves. Should they be let off the hook because they were victims?

I'm not saying Milo wasn't molested by a priest and wasn't a victim himself at one point, but eventually adults have to own their opinions. Milo endorsing, pederasty isn't a crime, but it sure does illustrate for me somebody with a viewpoint far outside of the mainstream.

4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Sure, but that's actually a crime. I'm not saying that someone who commits a crime should be let off the hook because they were a victim. I am saying that maybe people should have some compassion for a guy who is clearly fucked up. Instead it seems like people are just using this as an excuse for their severe hatred of the guy.

5. Nikolokolus

I don't hate Milo, I just don't particularly like him, because I think at his core he's little more than a very successful provocateur or troll (and there are even a few issues where we agree -- like the toxicity of the modern feminist movement and most identity politics). Likewise, I've never believed he should be barred from speaking at universities and every time somebody overreacts to him they basically give him what he wants (more notoriety).

However, whatever happened to Milo in the past is between he and his therapist, but when he all but advocates (or at least gives tacit approval) to sexual contact between minors and adults, then his opinions are fair game for criticism; His victim-hood ends when he starts arguing for pederasty.

6. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    Basically, Milo saw Andrew Dice Clay's act from the '90s and thought "more gay, and you've got something. And the great thing is - you don't need any talent!"

7. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

:dunno: Sounds like you'll want to read his letter(s) over again so you can gain understanding into his situation.

8. blue32

Oh that's rich. You coming at me, the king of the #pizzagate threads on here, with calls for me approving of pedophilia.

Dude, step the fuck back, and fuck off.

9. Nikolokolus

I have no idea what you are talking about. In your pizza gate thread, all I said was extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, which you never provided.

10. blue32

Exactly. People are not, or have not listened to both the JRE podcast, nor the Drunken Peasants one.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of George Takei. Whose basically said the same shit Milo has.

11. blue32

Ok, then move along. You're barking up the wrong tree if you're thinking I am approving of that.

12. Nikolokolus

So you don't approve of Milo's position on pederasty?

13. blue32

Everyone on this forum knows my position on pedophilia.

What is Milo's position? Please tell me? Because I've read his position and he's clearly against it. But please pray tell what you think his position is.

THEN when you're done pondering that, please tell me what you think of George Takei, and Bill Maher. Just as bad? Worse? Should they be removed of all of their positions they currently hold in your opinion? Curious.

14. Nikolokolus

Milo's position is on page one, go read for yourself (his words, not mine).

If Maher and Takei advocate sexual relationships with minors then fuck yes they should be held accountable for their views -- Denounced loudly at the very least.

15. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Actually it was you who repeatedly called people pedophiles because they weren't getting upset over pizzagate. I had to delete two of your posts. I deleted one and then you immediately made another one, so I had to delete that too.

16. blue32

I've read Milo's position. I've listened to the podcasts, and I've read his follow-up posts. I think he is correct when he said he fucked up by making fun of his abuse situation in the way that he did and used 'imprecise" words or whatever. Do I think he is a pedo, nope. Do I think George and Bill are, nope. Do I think its fucked up humor, yes. It's just a bummer that Milo was targeted w/the smear campaign by Evan McMullin & crew.

I'll be amazed if Bill Maher and George Takei receive the same treatment.

17. blue32

That's not what I said. I am pretty sure I said they must think it's "OK".

18. SlyPokerDog

I won't because I bug the Blazers enough as it is but I would love it if someone asked them to stop playing the George Takei, "Oh My......." everytime Meyers scores. It's always annoyed me and now there is a legitimate reason to end it.

19. SlyPokerDog

I don't think anyone in this forum is ok with pedophilla.

riverman likes this.
  20. blue32

Sure....
    Big difference to say someone might be okay with it, and saying they are one though.