Milwaukee drafts Yi

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Bahir, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Schaddy

Schaddy Tangerine

I really don't like this pick. At all. You guys have already covered most of the bases, but two things stick out to me. Yi doesn't want to be here, and he's not a good fit with the Bucks at ALL. Milwaukee? I don't blame him for laughing and not believing this happened. [​IMG] Furthermore, what is the biggest need for the Bucks? Another wing defender? A veteran PG? A replacement PG for Mo? No, we need another big man who needs time and touches to develop. Oh wait, no, we don't. With Villanueva, Bogut and Yi, we've got too many of the same thing up front, plus it makes Danny G's contract even more ridiculous considering he hardly played last year.

I surely hope that the Bucks trade Yi. The teamdoesn't need to be making stupid 'bold' moves, we need to just get our stuff together and gel. Yi doesn't bring us any closer to a playoff spot, and we may have missed our biggest chance to solidify a backcourt that may erode this off season.

2. tinyballer

tinyballer JBB JustBBall Member

Who said Yi does not want to be here??? Yi wants to be anywhere in the NBA. His American Agent and his Chinese Agent does not want him in a small market team. As far as Yi cares playing anywhere in the NBA is a big raise from making 10 000 RMB per year. I am going to enjoy watching Yi in a Milwaukee Uniform and am going to buy his jersey.

3. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

Theres a rumor that the sixers are still trying to trade for him. What do you guys think it would take. Thad Young and Willie green? Or maybe just Andre Miller for a gaurd and yi?

4. Basketballer05

Basketballer05 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Schaddy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I really don't like this pick. At all. You guys have already covered most of the bases, but two things stick out to me. Yi doesn't want to be here, and he's not a good fit with the Bucks at ALL. Milwaukee? I don't blame him for laughing and not believing this happened. [​IMG] Furthermore, what is the biggest need for the Bucks? Another wing defender? A veteran PG? A replacement PG for Mo? No, we need another big man who needs time and touches to develop. Oh wait, no, we don't. With Villanueva, Bogut and Yi, we've got too many of the same thing up front, plus it makes Danny G's contract even more ridiculous considering he hardly played last year.

I surely hope that the Bucks trade Yi. The teamdoesn't need to be making stupid 'bold' moves, we need to just get our stuff together and gel. Yi doesn't bring us any closer to a playoff spot, and we may have missed our biggest chance to solidify a backcourt that may erode this off season.</div>

Larry Harris has already said we are not going to trade him.

5. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

i just heard That Potential Bulls-Bucks Trade: Yi for Joakim and a little more

6. CLos

CLos JBB=The Originals

Yi isn't going anywhere. If his trade demands don't happen, he will play. He knows if he doesn't play that no team will want him. It's simple. He plays until his contract is up and then goes elsewhere.

7. Basketballer05

I say we just trade him. He really does not want to be in Milwaukee so lets trade him while he has high value.

Whats the point in trying to make Yi a good player if he is just going to leave in 2 or 3 years when his contract is up? We have to trade him now unless him and his agents say they are happy in Milwaukee.

8. yudalicious

yudalicious JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Basketballer05 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I say we just trade him. He really does not want to be in Milwaukee so lets trade him while he has high value.

Whats the point in trying to make Yi a good player if he is just going to leave in 2 or 3 years when his contract is up? We have to trade him now unless him and his agents say they are happy in Milwaukee.</div>

As it has been pointed out NUMEROUS times: Yi said he will play ANYWHERE, his representation does not want him in Milwaukee, don't misplace the blame. I personally think Yi's rep really did him a disservice, and ended up getting his bluff called. I'm expecting a trade as well.

9. Basketballer05

<div class="quote_poster">yudalicious Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">As it has been pointed out NUMEROUS times: Yi said he will play ANYWHERE, his representation does not want him in Milwaukee, don't misplace the blame. I personally think Yi's rep really did him a disservice, and ended up getting his bluff called. I'm expecting a trade as well.</div>

Could I please havethe link that says Yi would play anywhere?

Plus, Yi did not look to happy on draft night when he heard his name called out. Barely even a smile out of him.

10. I-Miss-MJ

I-Miss-MJ JBB I am so SMRT

<div class="quote_poster">NTC Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yi seem's mega pissed

[​IMG]</div>

He's like "Yeah, I won't be in these colours for much longer"

11. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

Yi is 19. They said that when they drafted him didnt they?

12. Really Lost One

Really Lost One Suspended

<div class="quote_poster">Answer_AI03 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yi is 19. They said that when they drafted him didnt they?</div>

Yi's age is still a mystery, which is probably one of the reasons why teams were hesitating to draft him. There is so much mystery around this guy it's not even funny. I've seen reports that Yi is 22, 23, 24, and even 25. I highly doubt Yi is 19 years old, I've never seen him listed that young. If I had to take a random guess, I would probably say 23 years old