Milwaukee trade idea...

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by NattaNerNuttaMan, Feb 10, 2009.

1. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    With the Bucks looking to unload contracts going past 2010 and even a rumor of them entertaining thought for swapping Jefferson for Wally World's contract.

Why Doesn't 'Sota take a stab at a deal...I'm sure they can make better offer than that....like.....

Bucks trade:

Richard Jefferson
    Ramon Sessions (with agreement of contract extension)

Wolves trade:

Mike Miller
    Rashad McCants
    Calvin Booth's exp contract
    Boston's 1st Round pick

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4991705
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Why the Bucks would consider:
    Wanting to dump salary...in Miller they get a good locker room guy who can contribute until next year when they can let him drop off the books or trade him for a young player or picks next season to a team making a playoff push...Booth is 1.5mil off thier books this season. McCants is a nice gap filler for the season lose of Redd....at a reasonable contract...which has a reasonable 3.5 mil qual for next year. And an extra pick is always wanted by a rebuilding team.

Why the Wolves would consider:
    Jefferson gives them a reliable scorer who can will fit in nicely at a position of need. In Session they get a young potential mid-star level player at another position of great need.

Keep in mind this deal hindges on a contract extension of Sessions...if he doesn't agree to extension and wants to test free-agency or opts to wait until the end of the season to decide on a contract...Minnesota should pull the draft pick.

2. Shogun

Shogun Member

Livin'
    I think this is a possibility seeing as MIL was trying to deal Sessions AND Alexander for Conley earlier this season where the rumor was they didnt want to pay big bucks to Sessions, this relieves them of having to pay 2 guys big money. McCants can get a half year workout as back up to Redd and might even learn a thing or 2. I wish we were one more year into the rebuild, because i think RJ would be a great fit here and is a veteran that we could really use, but i think our guys are still too young to try and make a real push. Im on the fence

3. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    Yeah, this was more of a deal I came up with once I saw the rumor of the Wally deal...and thought "hmmmm....we can do better than that."

It's is apealing for the Bucks and even more so now since Redd is out for the season.

But I would much rather see us go after Chandler....sign Marvin this offseason and draft a PG

4. tim

tim Respect JPJ

If it's possible, I would love it. Would the Bucks really be willing to part with both of those guys? If so, I'd jump all over a deal similar to the one you posted.

5. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    Both are up for grabs. With the recent talks of Jefferson for Wally and the Bucks trying to deal Sessions and something else for Conley...they have made it clear they are not willing to pay to bring sessions back....so thier using him to sweeten deals

Both Jefferson and Sessions would help us out...Jefferson could really help fill the scoring void left by Big Al. And I like Sessions game...but it would all hindge on him doin a "sign-n-trade"...I'd hate to give up that pick if Sessions just up and leaves at seasons end

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009