Minor League Baseball Player Blog

Discussion in 'Other Baseball' started by RTusk40, Dec 15, 2011.

1. RTusk40

RTusk40 New Member

I have updated my blog with some new content about my time in Venezuela winter ball and some other topics. Please give it a look! I'd appreciate it!

http://www.ryantatusko.wordpress.com

2. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

Is the type of "ball" thrown hitter-dependent, or situation-dependent? For instance, the blog talks about the curve that bounces right behind the plate. Is that a setup pitch for a guy who swings over the top to get a strikeout, or a pitch b/c you want the next pitch to be grounded for a double play? Do you raise the eye level for a specific batter b/c the scouting report say that fools him, or because everyone lets the next "borderline low" pitch go by?

3. RTusk40

RTusk40 New Member

Sorry for the delayed response! Usually when you throw a curve right behind the plate it is a setup pitch or it might be a pitch that is effective because you know the guy will expand the strike zone with 2 strikes. I will raise the eye level on some people if the guy is known to be a "chaser" but you can get in trouble doing that, because if you don't get it up enough that ball might land 500+ ft away :)

4. RTusk40

RTusk40 New Member

I am currently in AAA with the Washington Nationals and although I am older (26) I am still chasing my dream down everyday. I started a blog about 6 months ago to try and give people a first hand experience of not only my journey of making it but what its really like behind the scenes, what we as the players feel emotionally, what we go through physically and how we cope with things on a day to day basis. I have had a lot of ups and down in my career, and my path has been a little windier than others but I am still focused on that ultimate goal.

I hope you will give me blog a look, I am always open for questions, comments, or criticisms.

Thanks

Ryan Tatusko

http://www.ryantatusko.wordpress.com