MLS Game of the Week - New England at Columbus

Discussion in 'Americas' started by agoo, Sep 6, 2008.

1. agoo

agoo Member

Andy Iro nearly went for a second as he gets on a Schelotto corner. Iro looks very dangerous on set pieces as he is 6-5.

2. agoo

agoo Member

Missed the last ten or fifteen minutes. Crew scored a third. Pat Phelan has entered for New England and Pat Noonan has replaced Robbie Rogers.

The match is in the 75th and the spark that New England started the second half with looks long gone. And Castro leaving for Phelan is questionable. No reason to get defensive here.

3. agoo

agoo Member

We're in the 79th and the Crew commentators have made the obligatory comment about Michael Parkhurst's extremely low foul count. These guys really held out on that comment for a while. I'm impressed. Usually ESPN or FSC commentators get it out in the pregame.

4. agoo

agoo Member

Emmanuel Ekpo enters in the 81st for Schelotto. A quicker attacking presence joins the Crew front line.

5. agoo

agoo Member

Ekpo takes a run at Heaps and gets by before Heaps curls in for the tackle, setting up a Crew corner, which results in a minor threat after the initial play.

Now that I have seen the goal that the Revs were "attacking" in the first half, I can see that there's a stage with cheerleaders dancing on it. Not a typical footballing scene.

6. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

I couldn't find the game anywhere on the tv agoo, so I ended up watching some of the Euro WC qualifying games.

7. agoo

agoo Member

89th now and fortunately the game is almost over. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut not before Jason Gary scores his second off a brilliant long ball from Pat Noonan.

As if this wasn't bad enough, Shalrie Joseph is laying face down on the pitch.

8. agoo

agoo Member

And this game fortunately comes to an end for the Revs. 4-0 Crew win. Schelotto with a goal and two assists. Andy Iro was a beast and Robbie Rogers and Eddie Gaven were causing issues all match long.

Awful performance by the Revs.