MLS JERSEY

Discussion in 'Portland Timbers' started by EPJr, Dec 9, 2010.

1. EPJr

EPJr Producer Staff Member Producer

MLS JERSEYS

Timbers, Alaska Airlines Unveil 2011 Jerseys
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    PORTLAND, Ore. — The Portland Timbers and Alaska Airlines, official jersey partner of the MLS club, today unveiled the team’s official uniforms, training wear and apparel line that will be featured during the Timbers’ inaugural Major League Soccer (MLS) season in 2011.

Dubbed “Runway on the Runway,” the event was held in the 64,000-square-foot hangar of Alaska Airlines’ sister carrier, Horizon Air, at Portland International Airport. Timbers players and Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air employees revealed the team’s official look to some 1,000 fans and supporters. To further mark the occasion, Alaska Airlines unveiled a specially themed Boeing 737-700 emblazoned with “Proud Jersey Sponsor” alongside the team logo and iconic green, yellow and white Timbers scarf.

The team’s primary jersey, produced by adidas, the official athletic sponsor and product supplier of MLS since the league’s inception in 1996, features a Ponderosa green that pays tribute to the Timbers’ rich history and exciting future in MLS. The body fabric, which prominently displays the Alaska Airlines logo and Timbers primary logo, is specially engineered with the Timbers signature chevron repeating down the middle, tying together the two shades of green that make up the body of the shirt. The classic look reflects the diversity of color one would see in a lush Oregon forest.

http://www.portlandmls2011.com/news...s-official-team-apparel-during-runway-runway-

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

LOL at how different the colours are. Still nice kits though.

3. agoo

agoo Member

I don't particularly care for them myself. If the sleeves weren't white, I think it would work or if the body was just one color. The long sleeve version doesn't look so bad to me for some reason.

The image is big so I'm linking to it.

4. GriLtCheeZ

GriLtCheeZ "Well, I'm not lookin' for trouble."

Gleaming the Cubicle
    I'm happy they got a little creative without going overboard. MLS has way too many bland kits.

How 'bout these:
    [​IMG]
    :pimp:

5. GriLtCheeZ

GriLtCheeZ "Well, I'm not lookin' for trouble."

Gleaming the Cubicle
    The "Rose City Red" kit looks more like a third kit to me. MLS teams aren't allowed a third kit in the first year, but we got one anyway. Lucky us!

6. miketyson986

miketyson986 New Member

nice design, i like that

7. EPJr

EPJr Producer Staff Member Producer

its your change jersey, there is not a law that it has to be white (a little pushing the boundaries). They can have a 3rd jersey in 2012 - I hope they bring back the black jersey

8. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Green is uncommon, good to see it. The red is pretty typical and there are a lot of teams with kits like that.

9. agoo

agoo Member

Timbers and Sounders will be the only green squads in MLS, so the red isn't likely to see too much light. Even then, there aren't many red squads around. Toronto, Chicago and Salt Lake are the only solid reds, with Dallas and Chivas using hoops and stripes respectively. Colorado have a maroon, but that's no worry. There are also rumors of a red New England kit, but there are always lots of rumors of new and good things from New England that never happen.

You'd actually think that Colorado would be a green team given that its been a primary color from their founding until 2007. When they rebranded, they dropped the green, despite moving into Dick's Sport Goods Park (a green brand).

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  10. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I'm feelin' that red!