Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Cowboy71, Jan 15, 2004.

1. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

OK. Sorry for the early entry on this. I know we have some time, but I need the time to get to know some of the draft class (besides the big names). After all, as a Cowboys fan, I'm not used to drafting at the bottom of the first round.

Don't jump all over me for these choices...I didn't do it. I am just passing it along as a posting to see what everyone thinks of the choices. Agree or disagree, I just thought it looked fairly thought-out.

There is one glaring change that would need to be made that I know of. Carnell Williams did not declare for the draft, but this list was made before that decision.

1)SD- Eli Manning QB Miss. (Brees is not the answer)

2)Oakland- Roy Williams WR Texas (Tempted to take Ben, but they need youth at WR..they hope to get Rivers in the 2nd)

3)Arizona- Ben Roethisberger QB Miami,Oh (Once Oakland passes, this is a no brainer)

4)NYGiants- Robert Gallery OT Iowa (they need O-Line help in the worst way, Gallery is a blue chipper)

5) Washington- K. Winslow TE Miami (Early pick for a TE, but if he's ANYTHING like his dad, it will be worth it. TE a major need for them too)

6) Detroit- Sean Taylor S Miami (tempted to take Jackson, but like Winslow, too good to pass up here)

7) Cleveland- S. Andrews OT Arkansas (Both sides of the line are a mess up there)

8) Atlanta- Tommie Harris DT OU (really wanted Jones, but they also need D-Line help....if Atlanta wins the coin flip, reverse these two picks)

9)Jax- Reggie Williams WR Washington (No brainer, Jimmy Smith getting old...Leftwich and Williams together for years, could be scary!)

10)Houston- Vince Wilfork DT Miami (perfect fit for the 3-4 D of Capers)

11)Pittsburgh- S. Jackson RB Oregon State (need to replace the Bus)

12)NY Jets- D. Hall CB VATech (need secondary help bad, added plus is he returns punts, another need)

13)Buffalo- Michael Clayton WR LSU (will take Winslow if he's here, if not Clayton is the perfect choice.

14)Chicago- K. Udeze DE USC (A monster...gives Urlacher much needed help in front of him)

15)TB- Kevin Jones RB VATech (they are thrilled to see him sitting there)

16)SF- Chris Gamble CB Ohio State (will lose Plummer most likely, they replace him with another Buckeye CB)

17)Bengals- Randy Starks DT Maryland (Lewis loves defense. Starks makes the D-Line better right away.)

18)Saints- DJ Williams OLB Miami (they need so much help defensively. Williams makes sense here)

19)Vikings-D. Strait CB OU (a defensive steal for the Vikes at 19)

20)Miami- JP Losman QB Tulane (Marino running the show, he doesn't like Fedler. The QB takes a QB)

21)NE- Karlos Dansby OLB Auburn (Perfect fit with McGinnis aging)

22)Dallas- Carnell "Cadillac" Williams RB Auburn (fills a desperate need and is a good value pick at 22. May turn out to be the best RB from this draft...IMO)

23)Seattle- Will Smith DE Ohio State (needs a pass rushing DE...thrilled to see Smith there)

24)Denver- Will Poole CB USC (need help at CB. Poole is a playmaker)

25)GB- Phil Rivers QB NC State (need to get that understudy to Farve, he can't play forever. Oakland upset Rivers is off the board)

26)Titans- A. Odom DE Alabama (Replacement pick for Kearse, who I believe they will lose)

27)Rams- Vernon Carey OG/OT Miami- (may lose half of their O-Line in FA including Pace. Carey the smart pick.

28)KC- Matt Ware CB/S UCLA (DEFENSE! DEFENSE! DEFENSE!...they like Ware who is 6'3, can run, and play either SS or CB)

29)Carolina- Dunta Robinson CB South Carolina (the only question mark for this D is the secondary. Good fit.)

30)Indy- K. Ratliff CB Forida (D still not up to Dungy's liking)

31) Philly- R. Woods WR Oklahoma State (run D is the most glaring weakness, but get Mcnabb some decent WR's. Woods would be a steal here)

32) NE- Chris Perry RB Michigan (perfect fit here for NE)

2. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

I wonder if the Steelers will actually draft Jackson. That's an interesting Mock.

3. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

22)Dallas- Carnell "Cadillac" Williams RB Auburn (fills a desperate need and is a good value pick at 22. May turn out to be the best RB from this draft...IMO

Sorry Cowboy ... here's some news that throws a monky wrench into your draft.

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/in...61853115040.xml

4. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Did you even read the post Zack??? How often do you read half a post and then make comments on them???

5. Cowboy71

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'>22)Dallas- Carnell "Cadillac" Williams RB Auburn (fills a desperate need and is a good value pick at 22. May turn out to be the best RB from this draft...IMO

Sorry Cowboy ... here's some news that throws a monky wrench into your draft.

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/in...61853115040.xml</div>

Re-read the post Zack. I mentioned this issue already. Secondly, its not my draft, so like it or not, I can't take credit for it.

6. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cowboy71)</div><div class='quotemain'>

20)Miami- JP Losman QB Tulane (Marino running the show, he doesn't like Fedler. The QB takes a QB)

</div>

I like this. I already knew Eli would not be available & resigned myself to Rothliesberger being off the board as well.

Rivers is my preference in the 1st or Clausen from Tennessee in the 3rd. I forgot about Losman but is he a 1st rounder?

Where is Wisconsin WR Lee Evans? Ideally, the phins could grab him in the first & get Clausen or Losman in the 3rd.

Has anyone heard anything about Schneider from Cent. Fla. who appearantly did well @ the Hula Bowl this past weekend??

7. gogobroncos

gogobroncos nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cowboy71)</div><div class='quotemain'>24)Denver- Will Poole CB USC (need help at CB. Poole is a playmaker)
    </div>

I'm hoping that the Broncos take a look at De Angelo Hall from Va. Tech. Rumor has it, this kid ran 4.15 40 yrd. dash in this summer's work out in Virginia. The Broncos could really use that recovery speed and the help in the secondary. I've also heard this kid has tremendous vertical leap. If Chris Gamble doesn't slide down to 24 I say we have no choice in the matter.

8. Cowboy71

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gogobroncos)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cowboy71)</div><div class='quotemain'>24)Denver- Will Poole CB USC (need help at CB. Poole is a playmaker)
    </div>

I'm hoping that the Broncos take a look at De Angelo Hall from Va. Tech. Rumor has it, this kid ran 4.15 40 yrd. dash in this summer's work out in Virginia. The Broncos could really use that recovery speed and the help in the secondary. I've also heard this kid has tremendous vertical leap. If Chris Gamble doesn't slide down to 24 I say we have no choice in the matter.</div>

I did see that the PFW mock draft this morning has the Broncos taking Hall.

BA, that same PFW draft has Losman going to the Pack at 25. It looks like he will be gone in the first, if not the first part of the 2nd.

9. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steelerfan_2003)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wonder if the Steelers will actually draft Jackson. That's an interesting Mock.</div>

Steelers will draft stephen jackson who alot
    scouts are saying is one of the best rbs along
    with kevin jones to come out of college in
    a long time. Stephen jacksons comparisons
    are of ricky williams. They say he's a little more
    elussive a quicker. 6'2 230 pounds running a
    4.4 is pretty impressive.

Early mock says kevin jones and jackson will be a coin
    toss who goes first.

10. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

cowboy i have link that has all the top mock
    drafts web sites on 1 page if you would like
    it let me know.

11. Thoth

Pittsburgh IMO needs a shut down CB. Nathan Vasher of Texas who has also played SS & can return kicks could be the answer.

12. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

I hope you're right Bucs. I think the Steelers need to get some young talent in at Running Back that they will be able to develop over the next 5 seasons. I think Jackson could be that guy.

The thing that makes me nervous is that the Steelers also need a CB and RT. So picking Jackson is not a foregone conclusion. I think this is a pretty heavy CB draft so I'm hoping they go after one in the second rount.

Only time will tell.

13. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

31) Philly- R. Woods WR Oklahoma State (run D is the most glaring weakness, but get Mcnabb some decent WR's. Woods would be a steal here)

whoever wrote that was WRONG. our run D was the best untill about week 7.

we had hollis thomas, grasmanis out after then. they were our 2 best run stoppers, then burgess missed the whole season, and whiting missed alot. thats why it was so bad, NO DEPTH,, simon and walker are better PR DTs than run stoppers. they got so tired, thats why it was horrific.

14. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DAWK_VADER)</div><div class='quotemain'>31) Philly- R. Woods WR Oklahoma State (run D is the most glaring weakness, but get Mcnabb some decent WR's. Woods would be a steal here)</div>

Maybe Pack attack can back me up. Don't forget about Lee Evans from Wisconsin. "He could be a diamond in the rough.", says the Miami fan still waiting for (former Badger) Chris Chambers to step it up a notch.

15. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>Pittsburgh IMO needs a shut down CB. Nathan Vasher of Texas who has also played SS & can return kicks could be the answer.</div>

Due to free agency this offseason there will be
    over a dozen free agent corners. So pitt can sign
    a decent corner. Due to free agency this year and
    the small numbers of rbs and qbs. Pitt will take
    there pick and go with a rb. Jackson and jones
    are said to be franchise rbs to good to pass up.

Nathan vasher is a question some say he could slip
    into the 2nd day even. Drafting him that early in the
    draft when he could be there in day 2 makes no sense.

Just my opinon.

16. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

DeAngelo Hall running a 4.15 40??? Hahahahaha, we have all been playing a bit too much madden(where 99 speed translates to a 4.23 40 time while scouting)....no human can run a 4.3 flat....not even Deion ran under 4.4....if DeAngelo Hall was timed at 4.15, then he was running 36 yards, down a hill, with a stiff breeze at his back, and may have been sliding on ice....this gets worse every year, schools start these stupid rumors to get thier guys drafted higher, but teams know its all BS...Deion ran a 4.4 flat, turned, bowed, and left....no ones has run it faster before or since....

17. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

Beef,

To those who have played and ran 40's
    in football know this. 40 yard dash times
    and wearing equipment is a big diffrence.
    Yes no one runs a 41.6 with a helmet and
    pads on. These times are taken by with
    shoes and shorts on only. Thats how
    they do it at the combines. But yes scouts
    brag of 40 times and its sad cause better
    athelets are passed up due to a slower
    40 time. Ask lee suggs who dropped in
    the draft, when he was suppose to go 1 thru
    5. Look at him this year in baltimore.
    He ran alot quicker then his combines 40
    time of 4.7. lol

18. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

No one runs a 4.16 with equipment on, and no one runs a 4.16 naked...Consider how fast that is....its nearly impossible to imagine such a speed....Deion Sanders ran what is considered the fastest time ever at the combine, and it was somewhere around 4.4 flat, he literally ran, turned, bowed, and then left, he didnt do any other workouts and the scouts were floored by it....when you hear about someone running a 4.2 or something ridiculous, its bullshit, it was either totally fabricated or he ran it on a 36 yard track, with a "friendly" timekeeper

19. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

definately true beef, no one is running these speeds that they say they are, the only reason people say he ran that is to get him drafted higher, and for a few extra dollars i would too

20. gogobroncos

gogobroncos nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>No one runs a 4.16 with equipment on, and no one runs a 4.16 naked...Consider how fast that is....its nearly impossible to imagine such a speed....Deion Sanders ran what is considered the fastest time ever at the combine, and it was somewhere around 4.4 flat, he literally ran, turned, bowed, and then left, he didnt do any other workouts and the scouts were floored by it....when you hear about someone running a 4.2 or something ridiculous, its bullshit, it was either totally fabricated or he ran it on a 36 yard track, with a "friendly" timekeeper</div>

I guess I hear some friendly, fabricated rumors every year. I remember that the kid Pittsburgh drafted last year from Louisiana-Lafeyette, DBIke Taylor, ran a 4.19 at the combine last year. I would also put my top dollar that Antwan Randall-El ran a faster time than 4.4, but seriously I think this Hall kid is faster than ol' Deion. I've seen two different plays where he out-ran every single person on the field, including his teammates. [​IMG]