Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Cowboy71, Jan 15, 2004.

1. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

There is only one 40 time you can trust, and thats the one they run at the combine, in the dome, in Indianapolis....anything done at a private workout is fubar.....Ike Taylor didnt run at the combine last year and neither did Antwaan Randall-El...the fastest at the combine last year was turned in by Justin Fargas who ran 4.32....I did some research and the fastest ever recorded 40 time at the NFL combines was in fact Deion Sanders, who ran a 4.29....If Deangelo Hall can show up at the combine and beat that time, then more power to him, but my gut tells me he wont even come close(and for the record, a 10th of a second is not even close, Fargas was close)

2. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I found this on a draft site, of course, it is refering to Mr. Hall:

For the man who set the school’s standard with a 4.15 forty time earlier this year, Hall is ready to line up this fall at wide receiver, in addition to his duties as a shutdown cornerback and incendiary punt returner.

As you wipe the drool from your lower lip after reading that forty time, it should be noted that Virginia Tech seems to regularly over-hype the forty times of its football players. Hall’s impressive sprint was on the school’s notoriously fast track and timed with a hand-held watch. Regardless, he’s still blazes fast and should easily post a 4.3 time if given the chance at the combine.

3. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

I don't see Green Bay taking a QB in the first round. Not this year, anyway.

4. gogobroncos

gogobroncos nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>I found this on a draft site, of course, it is refering to Mr. Hall:

For the man who set the school?s standard with a 4.15 forty time earlier this year, Hall is ready to line up this fall at wide receiver, in addition to his duties as a shutdown cornerback and incendiary punt returner.

As you wipe the drool from your lower lip after reading that forty time, it should be noted that Virginia Tech seems to regularly over-hype the forty times of its football players. Hall?s impressive sprint was on the school?s notoriously fast track and timed with a hand-held watch. Regardless, he?s still blazes fast and should easily post a 4.3 time if given the chance at the combine.</div>

I stand corrected. Nice research beef. I didn't realize that Randell-El and Taylor didn't run forties at the combine. I will, however, stand by De Angelo Hall and his speed, but I now seriously doubt he will even come close to a 4.15. He still might run a faster time than Deion, but that must be waited on until the combine.. =)

5. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

If he runs at the combine...a ton of top talent refuses to workout at the combine every year now in fear that they might be exposed....they much prefer working out in thier choice of settings where a controlled environment reduced the chances of a bad showing, atleast in thier minds....

6. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Did you guys see Kipers mock draft. He had the pats getting Stephan Jackson at 21. Man I would be pumped if that should happen. Beef- he also had JP losman going to you guys at 20.

7. Glenso1188

Glenso1188 nfl-*****s member

I sure hope this is the year we get a RB in the first round. I think Kevin Jones is still my favorite but I love power backs like Stephan Jackson as well. I would be very excited with either one of those guys.

8. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

For the record, DeAngelo Hall ran a 4.34 at the combine, a good number for a CB(tied for the fastest time at the combine) but not nearly a fast as the 4.16 that was reported all over the net....Once again VT inflates a players measurables in an attempt to build some hype and ends up looking like morons....

9. RPboftballer53

RPboftballer53 nfl-*****s member

10. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

if its hand timed, and it likely was, then add .5 seconds to any 40 time, thats what scouts do....even that site you linked it too listed him at 4.3, and they didnt designate how they timed it....ill do a little more research and see if I can find out more about the kid...