OT Mods, Biases, and Sects Oh My!

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Orion Bailey, Apr 24, 2020.

1. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Maybe sue for defamation??

The Professional Fan and RR7 like this.
  2. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    This is just an informal forum, where people chat for fun. It's really not worth this sort of emotional investment--I think you'll find things go more smoothly if you talk to the people you like, or who you get stimulating discussion from, and ignore all the miscreants and terrible people that you feel make the forum worse. Because, the reality is, people can piss you off without breaking any rules--just like in real life. And just like in real life, where the police can't do anything to help you with people who just make you angry, your best bet is to ignore those people. You're not going to "reform" people in your ideal concept of what an internet poster should look like, so you'll simply experience endless frustration if you try.

No one is trying to be biased in the moderation here. I see tons and tons of posts I disagree with philosophically and politically. I'm sure Sly and PtldPlatypus and Craig and everyone else does too, and we're all quite different in what we believe. We don't come down harder on people we disagree with or mess around with all those posts. Only ones that don't follow the (few) rules we have here or are just long back-and-forths about how much two or three people don't like each other.

If you perceive bias, join the club. We've had liberals, conservatives, nice people, murderers, etc, all accuse us of bias. Rather than create a thread or a long back-and-forth within a thread about it, maybe just shoot one of us a private message if you feel you're being singled out. Other than barfo <cough>murderer</cough> we're all nice people who can explain to you why you're just being paranoid and no one except the US government is targeting you.

This isn't aimed at anyone specific, but if you think this was aimed at you, it is.

3. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

@barfo is a serial killer? It all makes sense

4. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Cereal.

Chris Craig likes this.
  5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Daytime serial killer....made a million pilots and so far none have aired!

Chris Craig and SlyPokerDog like this.
  6. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Apparently he’s a serial killer that has accused mods (including himself), of bias!

Chris Craig and SlyPokerDog like this.
  7. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

okay, that was funny.

8. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm a bit insulted that people think I'm a serial killer.

Like I'm some sort of machine, stamping out the lives of other humans.

I'll have you know my work is the conception, design, and execution of bespoke, artisanal killings.

barfo

9. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

So you're the Bone Collector

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  10. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

That was my nickname in prison!!!!

11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

He didn't mean "Boner collector"!

12. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I read this last night and wanted to give it a little thought prior to responding, as you make a couple of really good points that I suppose I will need to come to grips with. Sorry if this is a bit long.
    First, I would like to say I have spoken to enough people and witnessed it first hand, that there are a couple biased things going on, whether its apparent to some others, including those involved, or not. I have first hand proof of it that we don't need to get into unless you care to discuss further in private. Publicly, we can just agree to disagree. I get more frustrated with the denial of it than the actual biased behavior anyhow....

I want to thank you for the analogy of "...just like every day life...". Ive never even thought of it that way and ive been a fool to think anything more. For so long i've felt that this place has a bunch of members who share a bond that would equate to a higher level of respect for one another and this simply isn't the case. This place is just like the street and I should just consider everyone here joe blows until/unless I get to know them.

Ive been an idiot to think that just because we all share an affinity for the Blazers that that should garner some sort of brotherly bond. I have no clue why I have not realized this before and why I held onto this notion for so long.

However coming to this realization has made it a sad moment indeed....

Anyhow, I appreciate the patience and persistence to find the right analogy that made it click inside my head. I do believe it will better help me just ignore those I don't get along with, knowing I have no special bond with them, there is no higher level of respect provided, and there will never be any change to behaviors because of this.

13. THE HCP

He has FINALLY seen the light.

14. THE HCP

Look bro, I promised the S2 Brass that I wouldn't acknowledge you, the bones kid and a couple others anymore for the betterment of the site. BUT......

It just baffles me how you let this place get to you so much. It's a chat room for hoops. Why on earth would you join this place trying to make friends? Why would you expect anything other than a bunch of "Joe-Blows" talking smack about things? You just get so damn wound up worrying about everybody else and how they act and who get's treated fairly and who doesn't.

I honestly can't wait for the reply to this.

And as far as certain people getting treated with a favorable bias, yep, there is. Shouldn't be a surprise. Been going on since I joined. To be on the good guys side, it's great. All joking aside, The bias treatment towards some is nothing new. So It just cracks me up how upset you get......as if it JUST started happening. I said in another thread how confused I am at why you would interact with something or somebody who caused you so much pain and anguish. Especially when you know, no matter how much you complain, it isn't changing.

I took a break for a few months because of you and the aforementioned. Just stepped away and it felt great.

I want to take a sec and thank Sly and the rest of his virgin, basement dwelling minions on how much of a great job they do here.

If at any point this place makes me SO upset I need to post chapter long complaints and enter in examples or exhibits as if this were a trial....... I'd be out! I wouldn't drag everybody down with me.

Take some deep breathes and start fresh KNOWING that this is kinda how this place works. Always has, always will. Go Blazers

15. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Absolutely correct. And it pains me to give you props for a post.

16. THE HCP

And I want to go back to my "make friends" comment. Nothing against any of you guys. Because the ones who I've had the pleasure of meeting have been very cool. I've formed some relationships with some and it has been a great experience. This is the one and only forum/chatroom I've ever even been on, so I don't know how they work. But I can tell you I didn't come on here with any preconceived notions that I was joining some type of club. I looked at it, and still do, as sitting at a bar talking smack with some strangers. Thats why I gave Sly and his crew props for how they run this place. He has gone above and beyond to get everybody together for events.

17. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I believe I explained it in the post you referred to? I'm confused as to why you ask questions I actually just explained, or so I thought i did? Maybe Im missing something?
    A bit more detail also that maybe you missed, that ive explained in the past( no one can read everything around here):

I don't have many sports friends, most are musicians. There isn't really another online outlet to discuss and bond with others about our passion for the Blazers. This is the spot. Musicians have a huge bond that crosses genres. A love of musicians whether they are strangers or blood. Musicians hold a sacred bond, like Bikers...
    I suppose I just assumed Blazer fans would be the same. I fully admit, I was wrong in thinking so. I don't understand why it isn't there, but its obvious to me it isn't.
    However in the time of trying, I DID meet some quality people and built some friendships. Then when you, the one who the forum adores, blamed me publicly for going after your job, stung. Then when you privately told me I ruined this place and I would never see the video truck, but then turned and went public and invited the forum for a tour, yeah that stung.

Listen, I'm not going to go into all the details that we have been round and round on so many times before. You wont be candid about the job thing and have an adult conversation about it, but have no issues trying to make people think I tried to go after your job. You wont meet me half way to clear the air on that and that's pretty fucked up. Because regardless of what you think, I DID make some friendships here and I do value and respect some people here and I take pride in being an honest man(when being serious) and to have you say I actually did things outside this forum, but never actually have a conversation with me, was fucked up. Dude, I would have helped you investigate who did do it.

Lets just move on. Damage has been done and none of this is new news. I'm not really sure why you even commented. As you said, you wont change, so not sure why you are asking me anything at all.

But FYI, some people can and do change their behaviors as they go through life, continually trying to improve themselves inside and out. Some don't. You choose your path, I will chose mine man. I no longer have a desire to try to set things straight with you.

Thanks,

18. THE HCP

19. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Look, you may not consider me a friend.

Your wife on the other hand... when my phone chimes at 1:30 am every monday-wednesday-friday... oh, we're friends alright.

AHHHH I kid. You my boy, blue.

THE HCP likes this.
  20. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Id like to say that maybe one thing that is getting missed here is that we are, i am a passionate fan. We/ i dont have the outletand interaction like you and maybe a couple others have. You could never come to this forum again and still get your fill of nba interaction through the blazers and nba in general.
    Many of us dont have that and so this is the only place to come to congregate with like minds of fandom. This may be cherished much more than you by many, because we dont have an alternative to discuss hoops and get our fix filled.
    I think that this point might be overlooked when you question why such the emotional tie.

for many or for me at least, Its this place or no place...