Rumor Moe Harklesss Part of Trade With Knicks !!!!!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Vraiders, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

You may want to double check. I looked again, for some reason thinking you may be correct......you weren't. Iverson was on the WCF team. Unless I'm wrong twice, which could be the case.

2. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

A legit question is whether that inefficiency is because the offenses he's been on require him to hog the ball. I'll keep bringing up his usage on team USA. He was used more as a spot up shooter than the ISOs we've gotten used to seeing in the NBA. He was extremely productive and efficient in that role. Now of course the competition is different, but I don't see why he couldn't fill that same role in Portland. And the stat I brought up was in response to a comment about him being an average shooter. Of course it was selective. Completely disagree on the offense becoming less efficient with Carmelo. Carmelo has never been surrounded with the type of shooters/scorers Portland offers. The offense would be so multi dimensional. Pick and rolls with Nurk. Spot ups for Melo, Crabbe, and CJ. Can ISO Anthony in the post. So many options. So much space. I'm all for it. Agree to disagree I guess.

PHXBlazer1 and mook like this.
  3. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's definitely the case. The best part is Iverson was traded FOR Billups. Bye.

4. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Unless I've totally misunderstood what this pissing contest is about, Iverson, on the Nuggets, played a total of 9 playoff games over 2 years, 07 and 08.

Allen did play on the Denver team that went to the Western Conference Finals ( the 09 team) but he played on that team for 3 games before he was traded for Billups.

It's not actually hard to look that information up.

5. Mediocre Man

The offense he was on in NY was the triangle....or a version of it. It's anti hold the ball.

6. Mediocre Man

So wrong twice. I said it was possible. I'm wrong a lot.

7. Mediocre Man

Bye what? You ate right about AI. I am right about Melo being overrated garbage

BBert, RipCityDSCPL and BonesJones like this.
  8. OSUBlazerfan

OSUBlazerfan Writing Team

One is a fact, the other is opinion. Apples and Oranges

Scalma likes this.
  9. Mediocre Man

Don't be silly. When he's right he's right. AI leaving was a fact as well

10. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I'm sorry but you've been somewhat unbearable lately. You're comments to some people are getting over the top.

1.) If Melo can't attract free agents to New York City, what makes you think he'll play a factor in bringing free agents to Portland? His contract guarantees we won't have any space, and he's a ball stopper that doesn't defend. Strawman argument.

2.) Yes he's on the decline. His BPM last year was a -0.7, compared to a 2.6 the year before.

3.) He hasn't had multiple seasons of 40% 3pt shooting... For someone who's harking on people not getting their facts straight, to spew a lie like that... Carmelo is a career 34% 3pt shooter (worse than Meyers Leonard last year) and shot 34% the past 2 years before last year. He's a completely average 3pt shooter at BEST.

4.) All-Star appearances aren't a good way to gauge a player, as a Blazer fan you should know that. When a player (Melo) doesn't pass, doesn't defend, and chucks a bunch of shots in order to score 25ppg, he'll make a bunch if all-star teams, and wont be helping his team.

5.) I love how your using a small sample size of international basketball where Carmelo playing next to hall of famers against non-NBA players in your argument. How bout I use real NBA stats from last year:

53% TS% (Inefficient)
    -2.2 DBPM (Horrible defender)
    0.9 Assists Per 36 (Doesn't pass)
    2.2 Turnovers Per 36 (Awful for someone who doesn't pass)

dviss1, Darkwebs and BBert like this.
  11. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

You caught me in a lie. He only had one and a half seasons. Including that one and a half, he also had three seasons of 37%+. And like I said, there's a huge difference between a Carmelo Anthony three, and a Meyers Leonard three, so bringing Leonards name into this is misleading at best. All of Leonards threes are catch and shoot. You want to compare them? Then check out Carmelos catch and shoot numbers.

Not being able to attract free agents to the Knicks probably has more to do with the dumpster fire of an organization rather than Carmelo Anthony. You also call him a diva, yet he's been a good amabassador for the game for quite some time now. Maybe earlier in his career he was one.

And if you can't see the point I was making with team USA, I'll bow out of this convo now.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  12. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Also, your fascination with cap space is hilarious. You know you root for the Blazers, right?

13. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Actually @BonesJones the more I look into these stats you threw at me the more I laugh at you trying to call me out for lying.

0.9 assists per 36? False. Not even close.

2.2 turnovers is bad? False. Quite the opposite. That's actually very good for a guy that has the ball in his hands as much as Melo.

That's all I was in the mood to check for now.

14. BonesJones

I was wrong. I was reading steals.

15. BonesJones

You cherry pick stats to the fullest extent.

You're right that Meyers' 3s are all spot up. Carmelo still isn't a good 3pt shooter. I don't know how you're trying to argue hits 34% 3pt percentage.

I think its funny that youre wondering what my fascination is with cap space is because its the Blazers (and we can't attract free agents) but think that a 33yo, washed up Carmelo would help us attract free agents that we couldn't get because we'd have no space because we'd be paying Melo $28M a year. If Melo had that much draw on the FA market then it wouldn't matter what the situation was is NYC, free agents would sign there because Melo+NYC would be enough. Me lo+NYC Dumpster fire has as much draw as Melo+Good Portland team.

Every coach has had a problem with Melo. You don't think that's reflective of him?

You're point about Team USA is invalid because international competition made Kenneth Faried look like an all-world PF.

RipCityDSCPL likes this.
  16. Mediocre Man

This is a subject where we are singing kumbaya together

17. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Every coach has had a problem with Melo? You mean George Karl? I'll take Coach K and Jim Boeheims assessments (all of whom praise his leadership) on Anthony over that scumbag, thanks. Even Hornacek praised Melos leadership. I don't really value his assessments on anything, but I know you'll bring up that one incident they had.

For the last time, regarding team USA: my point was international Carmelo is more in line with what he would be asked to be in Portland. It had more to do with who was around him than who he was playing against. It shows he can adapt to being surrounded by good players and blend into a less selfish, but ultimately more efficient role.

18. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

I really don't know why the argument about Melo. Due to the fact that properly not the player Olshey going after in these trade talks. Melo don't fit Dame and CJ time line due to his age and for him become UFA next year. If I know Olshey it be a player like Hermangomez be his target in a trade situation.

BBert and Boob-No-More like this.
  19. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

You think? I'd certainly be on-board, I'm just doubtful.

20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I disagree with this...Team USA is not filled with all hall of famers and international teams have lots of NBA players....Melo does play better for team USA...my opinion....coaching....I know Melo would rock the house under Stotts system on offense...comparing what a player does for one coach doesn't always translate to other systems....NY has had a dysfunctional front office and roster since Melo has been there....it's not all on him. I just don't see him ever wanting to play in a small market....I'd say the Clippers might move Griffin for him in a trade if anything or Cuban will call him.