Moe's big night

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Five Second Violation, Nov 22, 2017.

1. mook

mook The 2018-19 season was the best I've seen

Buy a recipe binder at CookbookPeople.com
    To me, that's a guy who doesn't get how the NBA works. Unless you're Golden State, you are lucky if you have 3 guys to play through.

SportsAndWhine likes this.
  2. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I dont know what this means, but I am thinking 25th out of small forwards is still starter potential? There are what...32 small forward starters?
    Yes, would be nice to have on in the top 10, but It doesnt appear Moe is as bad as we are making him out to be. He may go unnoticed, but it seems fo the most part, so do the guys he covers... so a wash is a wash right? Which is all we really need form our non offensiveness players?

Dont get me wrong, I too think we need an upgrade here to take it to the next level, but im trying to be fair to the kid here. :) He is getting smacked around pretty good right now.

upload_2017-11-24_5-31-46.png

Attached Files:

3. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

I guess direct fucking quotes are murky with the likes of you?

4. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

Good thing we didn't trade for Paul George, he's only 26th.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  5. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    Lol...still at it? Damn....nothing else to do? Then again, what you quoted that I said, I never said. Then you said that I essentially said it which still wasn't true. Make up all you want. More important things to do than debate with someone making up something I didn't say and then having them incorrectly trying to assume what I meant. Have fun....rant away. Use as many F-bombs as you like. :cheers:

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  6. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'
    So... has Moe been banished to the bench for the foreseeable future?

7. Nate

Nate #itsokaytobewhite #wakandaforever BANNED

Stotts is a horrible coach. It’s that simple.

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  8. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

Oh I agree, Harkless falls asleep on defense all the time and should get pulled when he does.
    I remember him getting yanked out of games and this forum up in arms about why he wasn't playing.
    I tried to say it was

BonesJones likes this.
  9. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

10. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

Regardless of what looked open. It would've been very smart of Layman to have his head up expecting a pass.
    That offensive set is ran so often and that pass thrown so often in the Blazers offense. There is no excuse.

11. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Layman missed a couple bunnies today but moved well off the ball to give himself those looks and played pretty well defensively. He should continue to play.

12. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

Layman didn't hurt the team today so I would continue to play him.

13. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

It was 1 game... :smiley-hmm:

14. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

More like he took 2 shots and doesn't have the ability to create more.... :dunno:

15. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

This isn't Stotts' fault. This isn't Quick's fault. This isn't Lillard's fault. This isn't McCollum's fault. This isn't Olsehy's fault. Mo Harkless' lack of productivity belongs to one person - Maurice Jose Harkless.

Was it Lillard's fault Mo got ZERO rebounds and ZERO steals? Was it C.J.'s fault? You want more shots, try hustling once in a while. Get a fucking offensive rebound. Get a steal. Try moving without the ball to get open. Try cutting hard off a screen.

Mo is sleepwalking through these games. He isn't putting forth any effort. HE IS FUCKING POUTING. The guy is starting (well he was) for an NBA team at the age of 24, making over $10 million a year and he's crying in his Post Toasties over a trade that didn't happen. Suck it up buttercup and do your fucking job! You get ZERO sympathy from me.

I swear Mo Harkless is more mentally fragile than Meyers Leonard. I really didn't think that as possible. Meyers is cursed with slow reaction time and a lack of instincts, but at least he tries. Mo has neither of those limitations. He has talent, what he lacks is effort - especially when things don't go his way. So, he didn't get fucking traded. Big fucking deal. This is a business and you are a PROFESSIONAL basketball player. Start acting like one.

BNM

16. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Pretty sure that is Stotts’ opinion as well. When he starts Pat over Moe, he’s delivering a message.

17. Boob-No-More

I know it's not his best position or even his second best position, but until Aminu comes back, I'd like to see Stotts try starting Swanigan next to Nurk and Vonleh. Yeah, I know Swanigan will struggle on defense, especially guarding smaller SFs, but he'll have two defensive studs behind him in Vonleh and Nurk. Plus with the way Stotts has his players switch on EVERY pick and roll, he'll probably end up on an opposing big anyway.

So why do it? When it comes to hustle and effort, Swanigan is the exact opposite of Harkless. This team continues to struggle to get going at the beginning of games. Swanigan's energy and the extra possessions it creates can help jump start the team's scoring. Just put him out there for 6 or 8 minutes, getting offensive rebounds, steals and diving after loose balls. All the things Harklesss should be doing, but isn't.

Yeah, I know it's unconventional, but why not try playing the guys who actually act like they want to play and bench the guys who don't. Playing time should be earned and Mo Harkless isn't earning any. Bury him deep on the bench until he starts acing like he actually wants to play.

BNM

UncleCliffy'sDaddy likes this.
  18. Boob-No-More

Starting Patty Baseball at SF makes us severely undersized. Which is why I suggested starting Swanigan. I'm not advocating playing the rookie big minutes at SF. That wouldn't work. But just put him out there for 6 or 8 minutes to bring some energy and then go with a more conventional line up.

I can't wait until Aminu gets back. For all of his flaws, lack of energy and effort has never been a problem for Cheif. Plus he's actually a better shooter than Mo, and seems to making better decisions with the ball this year.

BNM

Orion Bailey likes this.
  19. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Yeah, I wasn’t advocating Pat as a long term solution at SF. I think he made a good delivery boy for Stotts’ message though.

20. Boob-No-More

The problem is, one game isn't going to be sufficient for Mo to get the message and respond. He's been pouting all season. If Aminu was healthy, I'd bench Mo and let him rack up a series of DNP-CDs until he demonstrates by working his ass off in practice that he's willing and able to contribute.

BNM