Game Thread Montreal at Rangers

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by cagedlion, Nov 25, 2015.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Reports on Purcell is that he is horrible defensively. Pouliot plays with an edge. He also played well in big games. Would have been great if not for his dumb penalties. I've been pushing for the Rangers to bring this guy back at half price for a while. I think they can do that now. This is probably a stretch but I wonder if they can pull off a trade for Simmonds with the Flyers. Flyers make crazy deals. They really don't care who they trade with. Tough, right handed shot, scores dirty goals and is having a crap season. Maybe something like Yandle, Etem and Halverson for Simmonds with the deal contingent upon Yandle signing an extension. You never know. Flyers need a puck mover. Streit is hurt and is older than dirt.

2. kreidertime

Chuck, you're a fool in denial. How quickly you don't want to accept that the were one Holtby whiff on a Kreider wrist shot from the blueline with a minute left of being knocked out in 5 games in the second round. Craps are better. So are the Habs. So are the Sens. You're lost.

3. kreidertime

Pretty much everybody who watches this team is stating their defenseman unit blows and the team is soft. You're the only assclown left who still won't admit it.

4. chuckd3534

chuckd3534 Well-Known Member

I am lost...got you.

I know you are not the kind of guy who likes to let facts get in the way dump, so I'll drop it.

But we are TEN points better this season than last season after 22 games.
    We have allowed FIFTEEN less goals against this season than last season through 22 games.
    AND somehow a soft bunch of assclowns who are not built for the playoffs (your words) have won EIGHT playoff series the past 4 playoff seasons, and have made 3 of 4 ECF's and 1 SCF during that time.

Clearly the facts back you up dump...LOL.

And BTW...Mess and Prod also agree with me. So it is the 3 of us against the rest of you over the top negative chicken little's dumpster.

And again...facts...not your strong suite...the Kreider shot was from the edge of the faceoff circle not the blue line.

Happy Thanksgiving.

5. chuckd3534

You do have one good strong suite though...making up 785878648797805095 trades that NEVER EVER EVER NEVER EVER happen. You are spot on there dumpie...LOL.

6. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

Why are you saying we're chicken littles Chuck, because we point out something of issue, and big issue, about the team? It isn't magically going to get better simply because it's the first day of spring and the playoffs roll around. Watching these games you can't tell me you sit there and say 'this isn't a big concern' with the way the d is leaving people wide open all the time. Staal and G aren't getting any younger and Staal looks like he's aged 5 years.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  7. chuckd3534

No...I say it because we are a much better team this season through 22 games than we were last season. I point it out because dump says things like this team is soft and not built for the playoffs, yet we have won series after series the past 4 playoff seasons.

Now NONE of that means we will automatically win playoff series again this season, and as I said I do think we need to tweak a little, upfront to me not worried about the D, but you guys are WAY over the top and have been since day one.

This is a win now playoffs team. 22 games in the regular season, during which they are 16-4-2 10 points better than last season at this time and 15 goals against less than last season at this time, are not going to make me flip out and curl into the fetal position like some of you other "fans".

8. kreidertime

He doesn't get it. He didn't get it last year. He thought the 4th line being useless all season was not a big deal. He was wrong. It's like he watched the playoffs with his eyes closed last year. They barely won each game vs. Pitt who had half their team out. Should have lost vs. the Craps. Were dominated in 4 out of 7 games vs. Tampa. The games they lost weren't even competitive for the most part. It's pointless talking to him. This is the same guy that wants to give up all our draft picks every year at the deadline.

9. chuckd3534

You are so clueless dump it hurts...I was the guy on this board saying ALL SEASON LONG we didn't have enough depth upfront and the bottom 6 was a huge issue. I can bump 800 posts about that, so again FACTS not your strong suite dumpster...LOL.

Should have lost to the Caps...BUT DIDN'T.
    Dominated 4 of 7 games against TB...BUT WON THE OTHER 3.
    You loved the Yandle deal. And loved the Nash deal. And LOVED the MSL deal. And loved the other pick deals we made...AND NOW KNOCK THEM.
    You loved MDZ for years...HOW DOES THAT LOOK.

You are comical dump. Again facts are no concern for you...I admire that quality...LOL.

10. kreidertime

He was sucking off the Yandle trade last year. I waited until this year to judge it. It's been a disaster. While I'm not convinced with Duclair to ever play defense in this league he is scoring. Giving up the picks has been horrible. Yandle hasn't delivered what the team expected. He's been poor defensively and has not added a lot to the PP. This team has shown absolutely nothing vs. the best teams to make you think they would beat them in a best of 7 playoff series.

11. chuckd3534

Facts dumpie...you were all for the Yandle trade after it was made buddy. You changed that tune after we lost to TB. You can't run from facts no matter how hard you try dump.

I still love you though bro.

SaveLundy likes this.
  12. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    I was waiting to aee the post about Hank not being about to play in Montreal. ...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

13. kreidertime

The Rangers have had the best goalie in the world for over a decade and have won nothing which means the team never had the right mix. So for certain tools to sit here and tell us the team is fine, the mix is great, is laughable to say the least. The mix hasn't been right since Hank took the nets for this team. If it was, you win cups with the best goaltender in the league.

14. chuckd3534

Now I do agree with that comment dump. I think they need to add a tougher/grittier player upfront. Still too much finesse and prettiness for my liking, and as you advance later in the playoffs I don't think that works well. It also doesn't work well when you have to grind for every little thing in round 1 and round 2 and win 2-1 games every night.

So yeah I do think we either need to stop the fancy BS and understand GETTING PUCKS TO THE NET is the key. That means guys like Brass, Yandle, Step, Hayes, even Zucc need to look to shoot more often.

AND/OR add a tougher forward upfront that can score some dirty goals. Ladd would fit that bill as 71 has mentioned, but I don't think it is feasible for us to get him.

15. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

I knew this team would be better than last year's simply by MSL retiring, Glass and Hags gone but never expected this kind of success. The Rangers go on long winning runs somewhat routinely every year but usually not this early in the season, Hank showing up in midseason form has been the difference. That being said there are still flaws obvious to even armchair posters like ourselves and the defense has been one of the more glaring. The Rangers defensive unit gets dominated by teams like Montreal who are able to get through the backcheck and challenge our dmen to clear them from the crease. Offensive improvement means the Rangers change their mindset to pass less and shoot more often but I don't see a solution defensively with the current personnel. Offense begins with a good breakout started from your own zone and that's where the Rangers suffered last postseason, our defensive unit could not get the puck out of the zone for minutes of time.

McIlrath to me seems like a logical upgrade since in the few games he's played I watched him fend off forecheckers with one hand while controlling the puck with the other and put a slapshot on goal from the blue line. That doesn't make him a savior to me, I just want to turn the page on Dylan, he was drafted in 2010 and the Rangers, let alone any poster on this board still don't really know what they have in him as an NHL player. Dan Boyle could sit for 2-3 weeks at a time and still come on the ice and be the same guy you get playing him every game. Yandle or Staal has to go, I'd much prefer Yandle but with Staal oversigned and probably untradeable it has to be Yandle. This isn't a terrible thing since he's a decent player and even in his last year will be easy to move.