Most Improved and Quote From Musselman

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Phi_Slamma_Jamma, May 5, 2003.

1. Phi_Slamma_Jamma

Phi_Slamma_Jamma JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Guard Gilbert Arenas won the NBA's Most Improved Player award May 1. Arenas, in just his second pro season, got 41 of 118 first-place votes, finishing with 288 points. Utah's Matt Harpring was second with 234 points, followed by Arenas' teammate Troy Murphy with 144. San Antonio's Tony Parker was fourth with 143. Arenas started all 82 games this season and responded with career bests of 18.3 points, 6.3 assists and 4.7 rebounds. Sadly for the Warriors, Arenas may have improved too much. Because he was a second-round pick in 2001, he is a free agent this summer and might choose to leave Oakland. </div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"Well, I guess I'm 'old school' as much as I can be for somebody my age, yeah. I'm kind of a crossover, back and forth. Some days I'm old school, some days I'm not." </div>
    -- Coach Eric Musselman, 38, in the San Jose Mercury News, on his back-to-basics approach

2. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

arenas was a steal in the second round