Mourinho Plays Down Lampard Talk

Discussion in 'Chelsea FC' started by Colonel Ronan, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    [​IMG]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho says he does not expect to sign Frank Lampard this summer - but is "100% sure" he will rejoin him in Italy in a year.

The 30-year-old midfielder is a top target for his ex-Chelsea boss after Deco's £8m arrival at Stamford Bridge.

But Mourinho hinted Lampard may see out the last year of his deal.

He said: "For the next season it will be easier for him to join me at Inter. I'm 100% sure in 2009/2010 he will be playing here."

[​IMG] Mourinho believes Chelsea will resist any moves for Lampard from Inter this summer as new boss Luiz Felipe Scolari prepares to take charge. "This season? I don't think so. Why won't he? Well, it's not because we don't want him to but I'm sure Chelsea officials and Chelsea and don't want to sell him," stated Mourinho.

Lampard is into the final 12 months of his contract at Chelsea and he is yet to commit his future to the club after reports that talks on a four-year deal had stalled.

And, despite Mourinho's downbeat message, BBC Radio 5 Live football correspondent Jonathan Legard still believes a deal to take Lampard to Serie A is on the cards.

He said: "Deco's arrival looks like hastening the departure of Frank Lampard, who has done little to quell long-term speculation that he is bound for a reunion with Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan.

"Barring a last-minute change of heart on both sides, it's a question of when he signs in Italy, not if."</div>

Just another ploy. I agree though - there's 100% chance he will move there sometime.

2. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Didn't they report that he's already agreed to a deal?

Reporters these days. lol

3. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    Exactly. BBC are getting worse and worse with this crap. We still haven't even seen the finalized deal of Nasri yet. I'll be so pissed if this was all b/s.