Move Dame now?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BoomChakaLaka, May 24, 2018.

1. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    Not advocating to trade Dame, but I am really glad you’re not the GM. Just sayin’

2. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

If you're not glad, then you're being foolish.

Donovan Mitchell might be as good as Dame someday, but probably wont be.. And who knows if he'd want to stay in Portland if that day ever came? That difference is worth shipping out our face of the franchise, who's a great leader and who's ingrained in our city's culture, for a GLUE GUY?

C'mon man.

dviss1 likes this.
  3. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    I never said I would do that trade but the idea you wouldn’t think about it would scare me a lot.
    Also the comment about you as a gm was also meant as just reading a bunch of your comments in this thread.
    We’re all entitled to our opinions, but your opinions are different than mine.
    Maybe you’d be a great GM, I don’t know, but I don’t think you’d be.

4. BonesJones

Lmao. Dame is untouchable and a rookie plus a glue guy isn't going to get me thinking about trading him.

You disagreeing with me is actually a credit to me! Yay!

5. BonesJones

It's Judy funny, because on the Bucks board you don't have crap like "Move Giannis now".. you don't have similar stuff on other teams forums.

For some reason, it's just our fanbase that simply wants to give up it's superstar.

6. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

I really hope your girlfriend is named Judy....

7. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    No one but Lebron is untouchable. I agree you don’t move Dame unless the deal is amazing.
    I don’t know how me disagreeing with you is a credit to you, other than you value your own opinion more than you should, but whatever.

But since Dame is untouchable, you wouldn’t trade him For Lebron, or Harden, or AD, or Curry, or KD, etc.

Don’t take it too far, I realize none of those guys are available. My point is the idea of “untouchable “ guys or being so in love with a guy you won’t trade him or even think about it can set a franchise back.

Like I said I’m not saying to trade Dame, I’m not advocating to shop him either. I’m just saying as a GM your job is to look at every piece you have and get better.

Trading Dame would more than likely be a catastrophic mistake, no doubt. Not listening to anything involving Dame could also be a mistake depending on what comes up.

It does concern me that so far Dame hasn’t been that good in the playoffs, now We can dissect some of that and “excuse it” away, but teams throw everything they got in the playoffs at every team’s best player. But we don’t let other stars off the hook for it.
    I think Dame deserved first team, and I think he’s a legit top 10-ish player in the NBA right now. I’d love to see a new coach, instead of a trade of Dame or CJ, I just hope NO / Stotts don’t waste Dames prime.

8. BonesJones

"Excuse it away".. It's not excuses if there's a legit reason why he srruggled.. and it definitely wasn't on him at all. Their defense and our lack of adjustments to their defense is what the problem was.

I'm not gonna listen to a package unless it pops out to me. A rookie fringe-all-star and a glue guy aren't even close dude. By your logic, we might as well listen to Kuzma and Josh Hart for him... heck, we might as well listen to every trade offer...

What does "listen" and "think about" even mean? If I know I wouldn't take it right away, why listen or think about it? What s the need...?

9. BonesJones

?

10. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Kuzma and Mitchel aren’t close to the same. Personally I think Mitchell is going to be the best player from this rookie class, and it has some really good ones.

I get what you’re saying about Dame, but it wasn’t just this series. I heard a stat that of active players with 500 shot attempts in the playoffs Dame’s got like 4th lowest shooting percentage. I may misremembering that stat, but outside of a couple stand out games, and that amazing shot to beat Houston, he really hasn’t played up to his standards in the playoffs

I am not claiming that it’s all on Dame, because it isn’t. However we go after every other star for their poor performances in the playoffs.

Saying Mitchell is a fringe all-star, well right now yeah but he’s a rookie. Dames been a fringe all-star most of his career, part of that is just how many talented guards play in the West.
    Also Mitchell’s rookie year I’d argue was better than Dame’s.

Anyways I don’t think either team would do that particular trade.

PHXBlazer1 likes this.
  11. Strenuus

Damnit bones... The joke is right there!

Your phone autocorrected to a girls name, if its not your girlfriend then you gonba have some explainin to do as to why that name is on your auto correct!

Joke ruined, joke ruiner!

12. BonesJones

Doesn't matter. I'm not thinking about trading Dame unless there's a decent chance I'm getting the better player now, or down the road (so the 1st overall pick, maybe). I don't think it's likely that Mitchell will ever be better than Dame, and Ingles isn't a needle mover in a deal of this magnitude.

Teams guard Dame the same way nearly every series, and Stotts never adjusts. He isn't used well, doesn't get freed up in transition or off the ball, and is used as a pick n roll ball handler almost exclusively, and it's a big reason why I want Stotts gone.

Maybe before going after a star, watch a series to make sure you understand what's truly going on, it's not like Dame is out here bricking a bunch of open shots...

Dames been a fringe all-star by default. I'm talking level of play. Dame is a superstar, Mitchell is a fringe all-star. This trade only works out if Mitchell ends up so much better than Dame that it offset the intangibles that Dame brings to the table AND it only works if Mitchell stays. That's very unlikely, so it took no thought whatsoever to realize that was a bad deal.

13. BonesJones

?

14. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    I can agree there, I think Stotts is a good coach, but there seems to be no plan B.
    This is purely based on the “eye test” and I know that’s incredibly dangerous and I wouldn’t make a trade like this off of it. When I see Mitchell I see D wade with a 3 point shoot, and who knows where he ends up, but that quickness and explosiveness is there.

BonesJones likes this.
  15. PHXBlazer1

PHXBlazer1 Well-Known Member

I love Dame and I don’t ever wanna see him traded, but I honestly think Utah hangs up on us if we ask for Mitchell

dviss1 and BonesJones like this.
  16. Strenuus

:MARIS61:

dviss1, PtldPlatypus and BonesJones like this.
  17. BonesJones

Mitchell will be great, but we have a 1st Team All NBA guy...

dviss1 likes this.
  18. BoomChakaLaka

BoomChakaLaka Well-Known Member

Designer / Artist
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico (formerly PDX)
    Throw in a #1 picks and include Leonard and I’d look at this.

My criteria for trading Dame:

1. A top player or players come our way +
    2. Important draft pick or picks +
    3. Also get rid of Turner or Leonard

19. BoomChakaLaka

BoomChakaLaka Well-Known Member

Designer / Artist
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico (formerly PDX)
    This thread is entitled as a question: “Move Dame now?” I then proposed one trade that would make me agree to such a trade.

Are you saying that there are no possible packages that would make you consider moving Dame now?

Let’s just suppose (for the fun of it) that Boston actually agreed (Dame + Leonard + #24 pick in upcoming draft / for: Irving, Brown, Morris + Memphis 2019 #1, owned by Boston) you would or would not pull the trigger?

20. BonesJones

Why the hell would shedding bad salary be an important part of a Dame trade? Are we gonna sign free agents next summer after trading Dame...?

The only possible rationale to trading Dame would be going full rebuild. It's not gonna hapoen. Why is this even a discussion?

hoopsjock and Hobbesarable like this.