Mr. Administrator

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Zackman, Dec 30, 2003.

1. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Minimum Cap hit for Keyshawn Johnson no matter what happens=$7mil.....cap hit for Keyshawn is hes traded(no way they can trade him) or release him before march=$14mil

2. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

There are guys out there other than "Meshawn" that can catch the ball. I don't want that Cancer or the 49er Cancer on my team.

You can have both those bums as far as I'm concerned.

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I tend to agree, if the Pats have taught us anything its that thier approach of "bulinding a team, instead of collecting talent", is the best way to approach things, and adding selfish WRs who need the ball even if its detremental to the team is a mistake

4. Rube Cred

Rube Cred nfl-*****s member

Good paper Zack, thanks for sharing. Lot of good points. I never liked welfare myself, but I never spelled out why in such a clear manner. The conclusion is great.

5. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

Beef,

Never say never there's a tuna in dallas
    who gets the players he wants. Like ive
    said tampa doesnt want much for johnson
    just someone to take over his salery.

I was thinking over the marruchi deal
    and there is no way in hell he would let
    keyshawn on his roster. He had enough
    problems with owens and his greed.yet
    alone to take on keyshawns demands.

Guess we will find out if key is moved
    or not.

6. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Key will definetly play elsewhere next season, I just dont think the Bucs will get anythign for him because no one is gonna assume that contract for a guy that a championship team exiled....after they release him, he will sign somewhere im sure at much less than his current salary

7. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>Key will definetly play elsewhere next season, I just dont think the Bucs will get anythign for him because no one is gonna assume that contract for a guy that a championship team exiled....after they release him, he will sign somewhere im sure at much less than his current salary</div>

I agree Beef. Someone would have to be real desperate. Dallas is a possibility at a much lower salary (Parcells claims to always sign "his guys" at "his price"). Otherwise, Dallas wouldn't be interested and I don't think anyone else will bite either. Front offices are getting smarter about this stuff.

8. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in arizona with Dennis green. If he could handle moss he can deal with keyshawn. Plus they have a ton of cap room.

9. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

Green couldn't handle Moss. Tice is the only one so far to be able to handle him. Remember the Carter and Moss arguments on the sidelines during Green's last year? Moss was a problem back in the Green era, not in the Tice era.

10. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

Diffrence keyshawns complaints have always
    been getting the damn ball. If dennis green
    were to get keyshawn, he would get him the
    ball. Now you have anquan boldin,
    bryant johnson and keyshawn on the same
    team not bad, especially when marcel ship is
    a clone to jamal lewis but faster. Dennis green
    gets his qb and drafts alot of defensive players.

Keyshawn is still out there with a for sale sign.
    As allen has some work to do in tampa.
    Who's gonna bite on keyshawn? tuna,denny
    marruchi or how bout al davis [​IMG]

11. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

If I was the GM of a team, I wouldnt take Keyshawn at the league minimum. I respect Jon Gruden, and the fact that the Bucs felt they were better off eating the salary cap hit and removing Key tells me alot....There is more to the story than we all know, because you dont seperate yourself from a 100+ catch WR just because he "demands the damn ball"....Where theres smoke, there might be Nate Newton smoking 800lbs of pot, but there also might be fire...

12. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

I can't believe this thread about Keyshawn has reached 3 pages... whew

13. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

well, it didnt start about Key, the 1st have was about somthing else, so its really only 1.5 pages about Keyshawn

14. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Vikingfan,

I don't call having your head up moss' ass handling him and that is exactly what tice is doing. Yes Moss had another fine year this season but last year with Tice wasn't all roses. I mean he was blatently taking plays off and the whole traffic cop incident. When he came to New England they were showing replys of him not even running a route. He definitely had troubles with tice as well.

15. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>I tend to agree, if the Pats have taught us anything its that thier approach of "bulinding a team, instead of collecting talent", is the best way to approach things, and adding selfish WRs who need the ball even if its detremental to the team is a mistake</div>

Many many teams have tried what the
    patroits have done beef, and MANY have
    failed.

16. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I disagree with that statement....Since the inception of the free agent era, nearly every team approached free agency as a chance to add flashy talent to thier roster, the Pats have taken a different approach....I look at it like this, imagine you have a car, and you took all your cash and used it to make the stereo hoss(acquiring that flashy free agent), with no more resources, the rest of the car will suffer, the body, the engine, the tires will all fail eventually....now imagine you spend moderately on the stereo, the engine, the tires, you pick up an air freshener, maybe a beaded seat cushion and one of those leather steering wheel covers, and you still have the money to use premium fuel....no part of the car is great, but its all solid and therefore the whole is better for it...its about one thing and thats making the whole better than the sum of the parts, and the Pats have done that...I cant imagine them adding a guy like "Meshawn" at any price

17. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'>Vikingfan,

I don't call having your head up moss' ass handling him and that is exactly what tice is doing. Yes Moss had another fine year this season but last year with Tice wasn't all roses. I mean he was blatently taking plays off and the whole traffic cop incident. When he came to New England they were showing replys of him not even running a route. He definitely had troubles with tice as well.</div>

Hey Pats, just wanted to insert my 2 cents. I'm not the world's biggest Tice or Vikings fan. The truth remains though, that Tice did not draft Randy Moss. That dubious honor goes out to Dennis Green, who pretty much deserves Arizona. Tice has no control over an incident like the traffic cop fiasco. He can talk to Moss, tell him to grow up, etc., etc; but Moss' character was not his doing. He just has to deal with it now. Moss is so popular and posesses enough talent that Tice can't afford to get rid of him. I kind of feel sorry for Tice. I thought that "meathead" overachieved this year with the team he had.