Muhammad Ali

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Holt NuMba 1, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Holt NuMba 1

Holt NuMba 1 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Muhammad ALI may have just months to live, it has emerged yesterday. The 63-year-old boxing great, who has battled Parkinson's disease for 20 years, can no longer talk and is shutting himself away from those closest to him. His daughter Laila said: "It is painful for me because I would love to sit down and talk with my dad about the way he used to be when he was my age, when he was in his prime, because we are so alike. I can't really do that. I can't share a lot of things with him."He likes doing simple things, to draw and colour and do magic tricks. But his attention span is very short."A close family friend said: "His condition has worsened. At this point he may only have months to live."Ali's manager, Howard Bingham, added: "Laila feels she is losing him."The heavyweight boxing legend was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 1985, four years after he quit the sport. He is presently having therapy following treatment for neck and back problems.Another family friend told the National Enquirer: "The guy has always been a battler and he's been fighting Parkinson's as best he can for years. But this is one match he is going to lose no matter how many rounds he goes."Ali won the world heavyweight crown three times and clocked up 56 wins, with just five losses, in his professional career. The boxer, who has an estimated ?35million fortune, lives in Berrien Springs, Michigan.Parkinson's patients often suffer shaking, loss of co-ordination and depression as brain nerve cells that control movement deteriorate.This is London

2. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

He's in my prayers [​IMG]

3. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

Sad. Very sad to see him like this. One of the greatest boxers ever and he was a very nice person. I hope the doctors find a cure for this one day.

4. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

I'm so upset now [​IMG] I always liked Muhammad Ali, I loved all that trash talk because he was so great, I hope he live much longer, please God don't make his time go yet. He's the greatest boxer all-time because he is a badddd man!!

5. DMac5Philly

DMac5Philly NFLC nflcentral.net Member

6. SickVick7

SickVick7 NFLC Banned

I definitely believe the ESPN one over the London one because he lives here in America and I think we cover him more than they do. But regardless of which article is true or not, my thoughts and prayers are still with him because unfortunately it will be this disease that causes his death whether it's in a few months or years. I just really hope that one day doctors can cure this disease.

7. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

No matter what, he changed sports for the better of Muslims. He has the most respect in the world from me and he's in my prayers.

8. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

[​IMG]Today, tomorrow, decades and centurys to come -- this man will never be forgotten. Dead or alive, Muhammad, you're the man.