Musicians of this forum...

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Orion Bailey, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

He often puts non-sensicial videos up as replies. We just accept it.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  2. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

BGD's posts lead me to believe he's a robot. A CAPTCHA algorithm gone bad, daring us to prove we're human by asking him if he isn't.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  3. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant

4. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Not when you're refereeing Malcolm Porter (Terry's son) and the 3x State Champs with best player in the state Peyton Prichard. Terry was coaching on Sunday! It was so awesome.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  5. BlazerCaravan

Well NOW you definitely are!

6. BlazerCaravan

Hey, distance isn't a killer; I've worked with guys in Finland (Catastrophe) and Tasmania (The Third Ending).

And tone? I'd play with ya. I'm more on the prog metal side of the coin, but I love me some good stoner or doom. I already play a 5-string anyway!

GriLtCheeZ and Orion Bailey like this.
  7. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    Kyuss FTW!

8. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Im a QOTSA fan more, but back in the day... Kyuss was IT!

9. BlazerCaravan

Clutch uber alles!

10. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    I loves me some QOTSA, but for me, Kyuss was tops...

11. BlayZa

BlayZa Misbehaving responsibly

Media/Advertisng
    KYUSS still rules. end of.

cause i want some puuuuuuussssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyayyyayayayayayaayayayayay.............from a bad bitch................on a big bike yeaaaaaahh

i mean, cmon - its epic

just saw this too... 'Murica

[​IMG]

Orion Bailey likes this.
  12. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Okay, I have a bit of video and a bunch of tracks I will be uploading to the web tonight and will provide links. Sad to say no one from the forum made it, but it was still a great time and we will do it a couple times next summer as well, so people who maybe wanted to make it couldn't, will have more opportunities.

I have to say, there is something special about musicians who get together for the first time coming from all genres and states to make music up on the spot. A couple tracks are pretty damn cool. Then there are a few covers that were ran through, which will sound like crap compared to the originals, but again, people who don't know each other coming together and saying, lets play this! and it happens, is way cool in my book. :)

riverman likes this.
  13. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Okay. massive delays as life s game is played. ;)

https://soundcloud.com/user-676004734

That link is for all the audio. There are 20 some odd tracks, so I will break them down a bit for you.

First, they are in chronological order of the day.
    Each track has the individuals participating... or thought to have participated, listed in the first comment of each track. :)

For those that like cover songs, the following tracks are rough attempts:
    2, 5, 17, 18, 19, (1, 2, 3 These are at the bottom of the page) Some Beatles, Neil Young, CCC I think... all rough versions.

Quality Improv Jams:
    6(Santanaish), 7(Poppy), 8(Heavier), 9(Jazz Loungish), 10(Acid Jazzish?), 11(Jazz Jam), 13(Heavier), 15 (Smoothish Jazz), 4(The very last track) umm funky jazz jam>?

Of these Jams, I recommend the following , as they are my favs:

Track 3, heavy, but the guitar work at about 28 seconds in. I love Johns Loop effect to keep his rhythm going while he solos over the top. Not two guitars, both are John!!(John being my musical mentor and the only person to share my first live performance with when we were roommates in Co.
    Track 8 at about the 3 minute mark. Gets really smooth with the keys and guitar work walking down for a good 30-45 seconds
    Track 11, 2:45 mark on.
    Track 13... fuck my guitar, its all about that damned bass!!!
    Track 15.. again.. that bass! from about 3 minutes on Bryan is phenomenal... him and I were in Hookmeisters together many years ago. (www.reverbnation.com/hookmeisters)
    Track 17...Elanor Rigby

Then as the night wound down and the sun set, we found ourselves out by the pool with the acoustics and a friend whipped out their camera phone ( Turned the lightbulb on that when I run a conduit and electric out to the backside of the pool, I need to run a couple of mic lines to plug mics in when out by the pool.;) Little out of tune, and the lighting sucks, and the beers had more than kicked in by then, lol..

We had some superb bass players in the house, but were lacking a bit in the drums and vocals. My throat was trashed form an extended rehearsal the night before and the only true drummer was Swil's drummer who could only stay a couple hours. I did what I could to fill in on drums, but I am not a drummer. With that said, I think I held my own and kept it going for everyone. :)

This was a big success and so next year we will be trying to have a couple. At least one once the pool is opened back up and then another in the fall. Depending on life's schedule, we might try for one or two more in the middle of the summer.

On the side. You know what I think would be awesome? Is if the musicians of this board got together and we hash out the new Blazers theme. Id be happy to supply my studio and time working with people on this if there are enough people who would like to attempt this.

Hopefully a few of you get a little jealous at the vids and tracks and feel more compelled to join in next time. We would love to have ya!

dead247 likes this.
  14. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

HOLY CRAP!!! Im away for about a week and 4 pages of threads!!! I cant read all of that!!! lol. Anyone wanna lead me to the right threads that are a good read vs the ones that I should skip for irrelevance? lol

15. 3RA1N1AC

3RA1N1AC 00110110 00111001

Read every single post or else turn in your ripcitytwo premium membership card. Your dues are non-refundable.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  16. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Damn, Im trying.!!! Cant I have some sort of honorary thing or something? Cause Im an old vet that can demand and all...

Ive made it through three threads so far....90% of it had nothing to do with the thread topic. Love it!!! HA (Not doggin, just observing. :)

17. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

If nothing else, take the time to read the Taylor Danforth thread. Some seriously funny shit. Best thread in a while. A great lead in to basketball season....have a bucket next to you in case you laugh so hard you have to puke.....

18. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Every post in the OT forum is worth reading.

SlyPokerDog and riverman like this.
  19. ripcityboy

ripcityboy Well-Known Member

self employed
    "My Kyuss Vacation"

Two young men in room filled with smoke in a reddened haze and a PC with a visual graphics plug-in running..... (song Freedom Run playing the background)

"Dude. What's a FREEDOM RUN?"

You don't know what a Freedom Run is, Bruh!!!!! It's when you need to fight against the powers of apathy and sloth, to feel the wind at your heels and (bong hit) blah blah blah....

Did that sh-t for about four years before and it just got cliche and redundant!

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  20. dead247

dead247 Well-Known Member

Awesome coverage Orion. I listened to all the audio/video and really enjoyed it. As I was listening to just track 1 (which is awesome), I immediately busted out some beer I was saving for another day and started soaking it in (pun intended). This is some really organic stuff and I'm definitely jealous. Big ups again for the whole idea and follow-through. Is that you on most of the vocals?

Orion Bailey and SlyPokerDog like this.