My College Rankings For 2003-2004

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by Voodoo Child, May 17, 2003.

1. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

i am a duke fan!!!!!!!

2. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Felton, May and McCants will be fantastic.
    </div>

Don't forget Jawad Williams. It should be a great battle between the two schools (UNC and Duke) next season.

3. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce":</div><div class="quote_post">why does everyone think so highly of Duke? yeah they're good but you guys barely give any other team a chance....you forget Syracuse....'Zona...Michigan State....but hell it's Duke rules...Duke rules....they don't....you guys treat them like they're the Lakers and that every championship is theres..that's how the Lakers felt this past season and they took a quick trip home....</div>

im the only one on here really spewing Duke propaganda, everyone else is smart enough to respect them and realize that they are gonna be a top team every year but they all have there own teams that they root for, Spartanfan has been posting a lot of stuff about Mich state, and there is UKfan4life that is telling us why kentucky is good, so every team is getting there fair shot, the only reason some teams might not be talked about as much is b/c they dont have as many fans on this site.......oh yea and DUKE DOES RULE just take a look at the past 20 years, and the truth is that they seriously have a shot at winning a championship almost every year because they always reload with incredible talent....instead of bashing Duke for no reason how bout u tell us why your team is good enough to win a championship

4. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

I like Gonzaga

5. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "go_duke21":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce":</div><div class="quote_post">why does everyone think so highly of Duke? yeah they're good but you guys barely give any other team a chance....you forget Syracuse....'Zona...Michigan State....but hell it's Duke rules...Duke rules....they don't....you guys treat them like they're the Lakers and that every championship is theres..that's how the Lakers felt this past season and they took a quick trip home....</div>

im the only one on here really spewing Duke propaganda, everyone else is smart enough to respect them and realize that they are gonna be a top team every year but they all have there own teams that they root for, Spartanfan has been posting a lot of stuff about Mich state, and there is UKfan4life that is telling us why kentucky is good, so every team is getting there fair shot, the only reason some teams might not be talked about as much is b/c they dont have as many fans on this site.......oh yea and DUKE DOES RULE just take a look at the past 20 years, and the truth is that they seriously have a shot at winning a championship almost every year because they always reload with incredible talent....instead of bashing Duke for no reason how bout u tell us why your team is good enough to win a championship</div>Wrong. I've posted more about Duke than Michigan State. I have been talking about all teams.

6. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "go_duke21":</div><div class="quote_post">instead of bashing Duke for no reason how bout u tell us why your team is good enough to win a championship</div>

lol I don't have a college team...the reason...becuz it takes too much to look up every single recruit and ride their nuts till the season starts....it's not gonna be me to do that...

7. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "go_duke21":</div><div class="quote_post">instead of bashing Duke for no reason how bout u tell us why your team is good enough to win a championship</div>

lol I don't have a college team...the reason...becuz it takes too much to look up every single recruit and ride their nuts till the season starts....it's not gonna be me to do that...</div>Or is it because you can't get in to a college? Just wondering.

8. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

[​IMG] i'm only in the 10th grade.... [​IMG]

9. go_duke21

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Spartanfan2003":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "go_duke21":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce":</div><div class="quote_post">why does everyone think so highly of Duke? yeah they're good but you guys barely give any other team a chance....you forget Syracuse....'Zona...Michigan State....but hell it's Duke rules...Duke rules....they don't....you guys treat them like they're the Lakers and that every championship is theres..that's how the Lakers felt this past season and they took a quick trip home....</div>

im the only one on here really spewing Duke propaganda, everyone else is smart enough to respect them and realize that they are gonna be a top team every year but they all have there own teams that they root for, Spartanfan has been posting a lot of stuff about Mich state, and there is UKfan4life that is telling us why kentucky is good, so every team is getting there fair shot, the only reason some teams might not be talked about as much is b/c they dont have as many fans on this site.......oh yea and DUKE DOES RULE just take a look at the past 20 years, and the truth is that they seriously have a shot at winning a championship almost every year because they always reload with incredible talent....instead of bashing Duke for no reason how bout u tell us why your team is good enough to win a championship</div>Wrong. I've posted more about Duke than Michigan State. I have been talking about all teams.</div>

yea but you have been hyping up Mich State too and yes u do talk about all the teams which is a good thing

10. go_duke21

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "go_duke21":</div><div class="quote_post">instead of bashing Duke for no reason how bout u tell us why your team is good enough to win a championship</div>

lol I don't have a college team...the reason...becuz it takes too much to look up every single recruit and ride their nuts till the season starts....it's not gonna be me to do that...</div>

Duke has one recruit coming to them this year, Luol Deng, and it took me about a minute to find out about him, thats really not a lot of time, and ive only mentioned him a few times but dont worry as soon as the season starts and he starts destroying everyone ill ride his nuts a little bit more

11. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

I have seen Deng play, he can do it all. He will step in and put up good numbers right away. He can shoot, drive, play D, everything.

12. superman637332

superman637332 JBB JustBBall Member

missouri will win the National championship next year chew on that

I luv my bearcats

13. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "go_duke21":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "go_duke21":</div><div class="quote_post">instead of bashing Duke for no reason how bout u tell us why your team is good enough to win a championship</div>

lol I don't have a college team...the reason...becuz it takes too much to look up every single recruit and ride their nuts till the season starts....it's not gonna be me to do that...</div>

Duke has one recruit coming to them this year, Luol Deng, and it took me about a minute to find out about him, thats really not a lot of time, and ive only mentioned him a few times but dont worry as soon as the season starts and he starts destroying everyone ill ride his nuts a little bit more</div>
    lol i thought they had like 3 people comin in this year...

14. go_duke21

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "go_duke21":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pchotsauce":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "go_duke21":</div><div class="quote_post">instead of bashing Duke for no reason how bout u tell us why your team is good enough to win a championship</div>

Duke has one recruit coming to them this year, Luol Deng, and it took me about a minute to find out about him, thats really not a lot of time, and ive only mentioned him a few times but dont worry as soon as the season starts and he starts destroying everyone ill ride his nuts a little bit more</div>
    lol i thought they had like 3 people comin in this year...</div>

no they were supposed to have 2 coming in but Kris Humphries decided to stay home and go to Minnesoty instead....so now its just Deng coming but they had a huge recruiting class last year so it dont really matter

15. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

Duke is pretty set. JJ Redick, Chris Duhon, Luol Deng, Michael Thompson, Daniel Ewing, Sean Dockery, and Shelden Williams.

16. Voodoo Child

Okay, I am going to update my rankings soon to expand to a top 25.

17. Voodoo Child

Bump... I am working on editing the rankings now. Any non-biased suggestions?

18. Fast Luck

Fast Luck JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Wave:</div><div class="quote_post">Bump... I am working on editing the rankings now. Any non-biased suggestions?</div>Michigan State and Arizona ahead of Duke.

Ohio State will be good, but probably down a few spots.

Louisville not even in the top 15. They weren't top 15 last year, and they don't have Reece Gaines this year.

Clemons is out at Missouri, so drop them accordingly.

I would also drop Syracuse a notch or two. Without Carmelo, they're just a regular good team.

Maybe move Gonzaga up a few spots. They don't have to be just the token mid-major on the list, they're actually good enough to be top 10.

I would probably add Providence way back at #15 as a sleeper. You'll find out what I'm talking about when the season begins.

19. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Fast Luck:</div><div class="quote_post">Michigan State and Arizona ahead of Duke.

Ohio State will be good, but probably down a few spots.

Louisville not even in the top 15. They weren't top 15 last year, and they don't have Reece Gaines this year.

Clemons is out at Missouri, so drop them accordingly.

I would also drop Syracuse a notch or two. Without Carmelo, they're just a regular good team.

Maybe move Gonzaga up a few spots. They don't have to be just the token mid-major on the list, they're actually good enough to be top 10.

I would probably add Providence way back at #15 as a sleeper. You'll find out what I'm talking about when the season begins.</div>Michigan State:
    Sure, I could manage Arizona over Duke but not Michigan State over Duke. I am going to drop Michigan State to four, five or six. Beleive me when I say that I am the biggest Michigan State fan on this board, but I am realistic and not biased. The Spartans have an All-Star guard lineup with Hill, Torbert, Ager, S.Brown, Cotton, R.Johnson, and more. The analyists look at this and big man Paul Davis downlow and automatically rank them in their top three. However, they fail to realize that the Spartans have no legit Power Forward whatsoever and they also have no adequate backups for the Center, Small Forward, and Power Forward spots.

Ohio State:
    I agree, but realize that I wrote this before Zach Williams transferred out of Ohio State.

Louisville:
    Their two best players other than Gaines and Stone, TaQuan Dean and Francisco Garcia, were both Freshmen last season and should make vast improvements. The next best player Louisville had was Luke Whitehead who will be coming back as an improved Senior. Then they have JuCo All-American, Nate Daniels, coming in. And Kendall Dartez, another JuCo standout will be cleared to stay. And then they have yet ANOTHER JuCo All-Star, Nouha Diakite, coming in! Basically their only losses were Gaines and Stone. Louisville also has an incredibly weak schedule where they should only lose up to five games all season.

Missouri:
    Just like Ohio State, I wrote this before that event happened.

Syracuse:
    I have Syracuse in there not only becuse they are a good team but because they also deserve respect. If you win the national championship you should have to posses a downright awful team the next season to not make the top ten. Syracuse's team is considered a top four team by many. Why is number ten so high?

Gonzaga:
    They should move up two or three spots when I drop the teams who had losses after I wrote this. But other than that I am fairly satisfied with their spot.

Providence:
    Indeed. They return all five of their starters including All-American candidate, Ryan Gomes, and fifth year senior Abdul Mills. This shall be Providence's best team this decade, a top twenty-five worthy one. I just don't think they are top fifteen worthy yet.

20. go_duke21

UConn is at #1 for obvious reasons and then after that Duke, Mich St. and Arizona are pretty much interchangeable after that and i think you could put UNC as high 5 as much as it pains me to say it, but definetely top 10
    Louisville, Kentucky, Florida, Syracuse, Illinois round out the rest of the top ten in no particular order
    i need to do some more thinking and research to get an exact order established