My College Rankings For 2003-2004

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by Voodoo Child, May 17, 2003.

1. one_reason2000

one_reason2000 JBB JustBBall Member

1- UConn(Gordon, Okafor)
    2- Missouri(Johnson, Paulding)
    3- Kansas(If Simeon is healthy, Langford must be a star.)
    4- Duke(Coach K., Deng good incoming talent.)
    5- Michigan State(If they play to their potential for once.)
    6- North Carolina(McCants, Felton, May are stars.)
    7- Arizona(Frye will be good, ton of talent, Shakur coming in.)
    8- Texas(Mouton and Thomas must be outstanding.)
    9- Florida(Roberson and Walsh are "Super Sophs", Lee is very impressive.)
    10- Notre Dame(Torian Jones must mature, Thomas is great.)

2. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting one_reason2000:</div><div class="quote_post">1- UConn(Gordon, Okafor)
    2- Missouri(Johnson, Paulding)
    3- Kansas(If Simeon is healthy, Langford must be a star.)
    4- Duke(Coach K., Deng good incoming talent.)
    5- Michigan State(If they play to their potential for once.)
    6- North Carolina(McCants, Felton, May are stars.)
    7- Arizona(Frye will be good, ton of talent, Shakur coming in.)
    8- Texas(Mouton and Thomas must be outstanding.)
    9- Florida(Roberson and Walsh are "Super Sophs", Lee is very impressive.)
    10- Notre Dame(Torian Jones must mature, Thomas is great.)</div>

Missouri is too high. They have a promising recruiting class, but they did lose Ricky Clemons who was their leading assist man and third leading scorer. At first I was a bit skeptical if Michigan St. being a top 3-4 team but I'm starting to come around on them so I'd switch Duke and Mich St. For me right now it's kind of hard to judge where 'Zona is since they lost Ebi. Same goes for Texas who is returing damn near everyone, that is everyone except for the most important player on their team. Also Christian Drejer is taking Walsh's spot as the other "Super Soph" since they do play the same position and Drejer is better.

3. one_reason2000

First, you don't need to copy my whole writing. Just say one_reason:. Second, Mizzou is not to high. They have as much talent as UConn. Johnson, Paulding are probable 1st/2nd team all americans while Travon Bryant and Jimmy Mckinney have the potential to be all conference 3rd team. That is without one of the best recruiting classes in the nation(top 5 imo).
    MSU will be good, but has no one who could really be 1st/2nd team all america. Chris Hill isn't that great of a player. Drejer better than Walsh, no. That is just your opinion.

4. sunsfan1357

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting one_reason2000:</div><div class="quote_post">First, you don't need to copy my whole writing. Just say one_reason:. Second, Mizzou is not to high. They have as much talent as UConn. Johnson, Paulding are probable 1st/2nd team all americans while Travon Bryant and Jimmy Mckinney have the potential to be all conference 3rd team. That is without one of the best recruiting classes in the nation(top 5 imo).
    MSU will be good, but has no one who could really be 1st/2nd team all america. Chris Hill isn't that great of a player. Drejer better than Walsh, no. That is just your opinion.</div>

Sorry about copying your whole post, I swear I'll never do it again!

And yes Mizzou is too high. You can say so and so has potential to do whatever, but fact is that teams like Duke, Kansas and Arizona already have those proven players to take them where they need to go. Mizzou always goes into the season with really high hopes but falters somewhere along the way.

MSU....well if Wave sees that then I'll let him take care of that accordingly as he can do a way better job defending MSU than I.

Drejer is better than Walsh. Only reason why Walsh got his playing time last year was because Drejer was injured. Drejer had that spot on lockdown until he got injured.

5. one_reason2000

Whatever, I don't want to sit here and argue. Let's just wait for the season. I still don't think MSU can win it.

6. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting one_reason2000:</div><div class="quote_post">Whatever, I don't want to sit here and argue. Let's just wait for the season. I still don't think MSU can win it.</div>If you are not going to discuss games untill they happen then why are you here? It's not true that Michigan State doesn't have any contenders for All-American. Paul Davis has a great chance of being one, but in my opinion that is beside the point. Just because you have All-Americans doesn't mean that you will win. Great team play wins games and that is what Michigan State excels at. Who can possibly compare to their backcourt either? There is no doubt in my mind that Michigan State has the number one backcourt in the nation. You can go into their third rotation and find guys like HS All-American Brandon Cotton. I will stop supporting them in the arguement now though because I doubt I will change your opinion. You will just have to wait and be proved wrong.

7. one_reason2000

Paul Davis is only good in your opinion, he still hasn't played well in a college game. I haven't seen a team win well without an all-american in a very long time. Believe it or not, you can be biased without thinking you are, and you are. Everybody wants to believe their team is good. So when they hear one good thing about their players, they automatically believe/hope that they will become a great in college b-ball. I know, I feel the same way. Michigan State is going to play a hard schedule and they are going to do badly against that schedule. You'll see. Good luck anyway.

8. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting one_reason2000:</div><div class="quote_post">Believe it or not, you can be biased without thinking you are, and you are.</div>You are too much to take. Most rankings (Dickie V, ESPN, SLAM Magazine, etc.) have Michigan State in the top two. I put Michigan State number three and I was planning on moving them to five for my second edition rankings. You can call me biased all you want, but just know that I could have very easily put the number one. And the reason that Paul Davis has not performed well STATISTICALLY is because he has not played considerable minutes. Davis has been playing quite well not considering statistics. And like I said earlier, Michigan State's backcourt is simply unbelievable. You have to admitt that no matter which team you root for.

9. sunsfan1357

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Who can possibly compare to their backcourt either? There is no doubt in my mind that Michigan State has the number one backcourt in the nation. </div>
    Illinois might have something to say about that...I think they can be just as good, if not better, as the Michigan State backcourt.

10. one_reason2000

Michigan State will lose atleast 5 games, imo.

11. Fast Luck

Fast Luck JBB JustBBall Member

5 is not very many...

12. sunsfan1357

In college though it can make a big difference....just like you wouldn't think two losses isn't much, but two losses took Auburn from a top five team to not even ranked in football...

13. JWilltheFreak

JWilltheFreak JBB JustBBall Member

Syracuse and Texas will be in top 10!!!

14. one_reason2000

I hope Texas is.

15. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting one_reason2000:</div><div class="quote_post">I hope Texas is.</div>

I dont know if Texas will be in it. Tj completly changed Texas Basketball when he showed up. I dont think Texas has anyone that is capable of taking over the leadership role that Ford left open when he left. Ford was a truly special college player. I know they have Mouton and Thomas, however Ford was the key to everything last year. For Texas to make the top ten, which is possible, both players need to have career years.

16. Voodoo Child

I realize that many feel Terrance Ford was the heart and soul of that team, but Brad Buckman and Brian Boddicker should really step it up this year.

17. shunt

shunt JBB JustBBall Member

Osu!

Have a look at Oklahoma State...they are no doubt a top 10 team
    this year, now that John Lucas III is their point guard...

they have the SF/SG/PG versatile Graham Twins eligible this year (both who were 10+ a game guys at UCF 2 yrs ago), superstar SG Tony Allen who will be a second rounder easy next year...Superior rebounder Ivan McFarlin, Terrance Crawford back from injuriy, sharp shooter Daniel Bobik eligable from BYU x-fer 2 yrs ago, a couple top 100 freshmen, a nice juco player...a healthy Jason Miller who was a 12 pt, 8 reb game at U of N Texas 3 yrs ago...7-3 300 lb. Rugby star Frans Steyn who is the fastest player on the team...and janavor weathorspoon whose verticale is a legit 4 inches more than the great Desmond Mason....

dont overlook these guys...or do...whatever...

oh yah, I forgot to mention Eddie Sutton.

18. SilverStunner

SilverStunner JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Wave:</div><div class="quote_post">I realize that many feel Terrance Ford was the heart and soul of that team, but Brad Buckman and Brian Boddicker should really step it up this year.</div>

I think royal ivey would be their go to man in tight games, he's truly athletic and can do it all on the floor

19. Voodoo Child

Oklahoma State is a top ten team without a doubt? Do you mean in the Big 12 or were you talking about University of Oklahoma? I'd be extremely surprised if Oklahoma State got even close to being ranked this season; especially with their strength of schedule.

20. one_reason2000

I'm with Wave, OSU is not going to be ANY good at all. I don't see how Royal Ivey is going to be a "go to guy", but anything is possible. Wave, man, I can assure you that Boddicker will not step up. I've watched every game since he has been there, and he just cannot play on a consistent basis. He ONLY shoots tres, and never goes down in the paint. Buckman will be good though.