OT NBA 2K18

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by dviss1, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I always need to consider how likely the trades I make are in real life. I wasn't sure about the possibility of getting Knicks pick for Conley but then thought that after years of losing Knicks might be interested in an experienced good player. Had no doubt at Suns, trading multiple picks to move up to no. 8 from mid-first was all right, and at Clippers I just kept the picks they had.

Suns line up is plenty of fun to play with but I can't get into their court design. Also, I think I am going to need some sort of a trade for a new power forward - I hate Carmelo there, Chriss and Bender are not good enough. I have so many assets that I might even be able to get Kevin Love. Young/Booker is amazing in the backcourt and I love posting up with Ayton. This team is going to be monster in 2 seasons, I think at that point I'll be going for 60-65 wins already.

It annoys me how bad Clippers are at defending. Normally a Young/Bradley/Bridges/Harris/Jordan line up should be able to maybe not give up that many points but I am literally dropping them on every possession. I am considering going for the tank in 2018-19 and then adding in free agency (Jordan and Bradley are on just 1 year deals) but I will let it roll for a while.

Grizzlies have perfect balance really. Doncic is a monster. Doncic/Evans/Bogdanovic run the riot at the perimeter, Jackson and Gasol are unstoppable in the paint.

I don't play with Blazers anymore, I've played too much with them. These days I need a project to work on and spend multiple seasons building a team. Grizzlies/Clippers/Suns looks like the perfect three teams at this point.

2. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Just played for hours. I'm 32-17 now. 3rd place.

Chris Craig likes this.
  3. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

I don't understand how people have fun doing rebuilds if they don't make it realistic.. Turner for McConnell and a 1st? Lol.

I like controlling every teams moves, and signing players based on where I think they should and will sign, as well as make trades that I think teams should make. I control the Blazers lineups only, while automating every other team for everything except their roster decisions. It's fun, and I try to make every Portland move realistic.

4. BonesJones

Ask Detroit how Griffin is working out...

5. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I use Trade Overrides and Trade Approval. The AI comes up with some of the weirdest trades imagineable if it's left on his own.

I tried offloading Parsons at Memphis and go offered no. 12 from Clippers. Would have been a great deal for me but obviously it's so batshit mental that it would never happen in real life so I didn't take it and kept Parsons for another season. I will offload him when he's expiring next year.

I feel guilty enough about being able to trade Conley for a top 10 pick or get Young at 12.

BonesJones likes this.
  6. BonesJones

Are you using my draft class?

7. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Which one? I am using jackmove's draft class. Which one is yours?

8. BonesJones

BonesJones_20 on PS4

9. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I don't have access to my PS4 now as I'm at work, have you created this all by yourself and which years do you have?

10. BonesJones

Pretty much all by myself players 60-150 are NationalBBalla's but the top 60 are mine. I only have 2018 but I'm releasing fictional draft classes and a regional roster. I post videos detailing them on my channel.

11. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

That sounds super cool. Have you paid attention to playing styles too - shooting motion etc.?

I will definitely give it a try. Jackmove's class is good but might be a bit overpowered towards the top 10 (which is however good when you are in rebuild mode as you need those players to contribute).

12. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I'm not controlling other teams. I have override trades off. Philadelphia offered me that. I only control my lineup. My roster. And it was a 1st and a future 2nd. I thought McConnell was involved but he wasn't.

BonesJones and dviss1 like this.
  13. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

That's a lot of time...

14. BonesJones

Pretty much all by myself players 60-150 are NationalBBalla's but the top 60 are mine. I only have 2018 but I'm releasing fictional draft classes and a regional roster. I post videos detailing them on my channel.

15. BonesJones

Still.. we'd have to trade a 1st with him we couldn't get one back.

Chris Craig likes this.
  16. BonesJones

I simulate all games though

17. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I can't help it if Philadelphia wanted him back that bad! What about the Meyers to Milwaukee for Teletovic and a future 2nd? Maybe, they are unreasonable trades that would never happen but at least I am not forcing other teams to take them.

18. BonesJones

Or just choose not to take advantage of 2Ks shitty system. I could build a team that won 10 championships in a row if I did.

Teletovic is better then Meyers. I only make the trade if I would do it if I was a fan of the other team.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Chris Craig and dviss1 like this.
  19. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

in b4 ya'll trade/sign wb4.

20. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Gave up on Suns. I just don't like playing with them. Opened up a new save with Kings. In lottery I moved up to no. 2 which I traded with Atlanta for no. 3 and no. 22 (I added no. 34 in the deal, so it's basically 2 and 34 for 3 and 22 - it's probably fair considering what 76ers paid to move from 3 to 1). At 3 I selected Bamba (wanted Bagley but then opted against it as Bamba has superior defense), at 22 I selected Anfernee Simons and I also traded Cauley-Stein plus future 2nd rounder for Bulls no. 14 from Pelicans and selected Lonnie Walker. Signed Hezonja in offseason and will now have a ton of cap space in 2019 (but no pick).

Fox / Mason
    Hield / Walker
    Bogdanovic / Hezonja
    Randolph / Labissiere
    Bamba / Koufos

Plenty of fun. I upped Hield's shooting a bit to make it more realistic (he had 84 across from three, he's better than that - been shooting 43% this season!). I also play small ball with Hezonja at PF.

What I also like about Kings is three court designs. Makes it much more attractive to play home games.